• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

How To Be A Better PVP Player

How To Be A Better PVP Player

• Block Hitting

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • Jump and attack

Votes: 106 79.1%

• Total voters

Weary

Survivor
Reaction score
if you are chasing someone DON'T EVER EVER EVER WALK STRAIGHT TOWARD THEM cause (if they're somewhat pros) they will snipe and burn you with flint and steel. And when they snipe you or trying to place a fire hit 'em. Hard. This is base on experience and it always work. The enemies always think that we are chasing them straight forward. Use this dont-chase-straight as a strategy to get more hit when they are trying to snipe or burn us. And what so funny about it that they are always tries to snipe or burn us even if they know we don't chase em straight forward :D lol
Pls don't use white writing xD on phone :p

pranger52

Spectator
Reaction score
strafing is the best way on land and getting under them is best in water

pranger52

Spectator
Reaction score
It really depends on the situation you're in.
Here's 3 examples of possible situations:
1. In water
2. On flat land
3. On a mountain

Water: Blockhit. That's the best way to avoid taking damage. If you can do it right, then it's possible to outlast an opponent with much better gear (Although if its full leather stone sword vs iron armor, diamond sword, just run away.)

On flat land: Strafe! Get behind the opponent. Blockhitting can be easily defeated if you are a good strafer - I speak from experience. If the other person can't hit you, then you don't have to blockhit. Run around them, but don't take wildly large loops around them. Make small circles, not large ones. That way you move around the opponent faster and they have less time to react. It's tough to do this right if you're using a trackpad, unless you're really good with it.

On a mountain: Get above them, if you can. Then you can sprint at them, using the knockback to hit them off the mountain. Deals a lot of damage, has the chance of a critical hit, and they will fall, hurting them even more. If you can't sprint, though, due to either lack of space or just bad sprinting skills, then blockhit. They can't strafe around you easily (Unless they hack and/or are really good), so if you blockhit then you will hopefully be able to outlast them, just like in water.

Hope this helps you.

Oh, another thing I wanted to write:
Flint N' Steel and Bows.
Flint N' Steel will stun their sprint and deal tons of damage. As long as you can avoid lighting yourself on fire, it is very effective unless they dodge it. Don't use it when they are far away, as they will just avoid/extinguish it.
Bows: Long-ranged weapons. When fully charged, they do as much as a diamond sword (I think). Great for hitting people off mountains, pushing them away from you in water, or hitting people who are in water. Assuming you have decent aim. It helps, as well, in DeathMatch - Aim at them, then fire once you are free to move around. A good way to stun their sprint and/or get the first hit.
Im amazing with a trackpad never won with a mouse every1 says Ill be better if I get I mouse so maybe I will soon

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Im amazing with a trackpad never won with a mouse every1 says Ill be better if I get I mouse so maybe I will soon
Well, it's 100% up to you. Most people use a mouse, but I have known people with several hundred wins who play with a track-pad (@Kameronl109 ) although if you're facing an experienced strafer, anyone who's decent at it, then you may be at a disadvantage.
Again, it's up to you. I've tried switching from a mouse to a track-pad, but I can't PVP normally. If you can, congrats. Switching from a track-pad to a mouse might be difficult, too. I have no idea.

Coolgear13

Tribute
Reaction score
Couple of tips
1. Dont underestimate an opponent based on what they have. you can have better stuff than them but they are better at pvp than you. It is best to treat them as if they had better stuff than you and give it all you got.
2. Use flint and steel and bows and arrows. Yes its noobish but it doesn't matter when it comes to surviving.
3. Dont block hit it doesn't work
4. Try to find ways to get behind your opponent or to the side. This way they have a harder time hitting you.
and finally. Stay on target

Last edited:

ImJoey

Survivor
Reaction score
Here are my personal tips!:

- If your being chased, jump into the water (defo do it if you got a fishing rod or bow) however never do it if they have a bow!

- If a you being chased on FLATLAND and whoever the chaser is, is right behind you, quickly dupe him by turning straight through him so the chaser is startled so you can then strike quickly.

- If you are being heavily hit by someone, just spam like mad the block and hit button (block hit) :D.

- If you are being sniped by someone, always run and jump or go left and right to make yourself a harder target.

- If you are being chased, try and find a narrow alley if you have a flint and steel so you can quickly turn around and burn them so they have no where else to dodge the FLAME!

- If somebody is in the water, go after them if you have a boat or bow as they would be weak in the water.

These are my tips.

I would put more but I can't be bothered! :D

Ninetailefox92

District 13
Reaction score
This thread is so much me lol, I know all the strats and stuff but I still suck and die every time xD

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Couple of tips
1. Dont underestimate an opponent based on what they have. you can have better stuff than them but they are better at pvp than you. It is best to treat them as if they had better stuff than you and give it all you got.
2. Use flint and steel and bows and arrows. Yes its noobish but it doesn't matter when it comes to surviving.
4. Try to find ways to get behind your opponent or to the side. This way they have a harder time hitting you.
Again - Block-hitting does work, but only if you can do it correctly. Getting behind or beside the opponent is called strafing, and is just as valid of a technique as block-hitting is. Again, only if you can do it right.

Although thanks for mentioning never to underestimate the opponent. That's always a good thing to keep in mind.

EvermoreHD

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Couple of tips
Flint and steel and bows aren't noobish and blockhitting works, but only if you have the skill to do so.

Cinci | Kame

Platinum
Reaction score
If you use a trackpad, it takes FOREVER to get used to. Once you do though, you can get so many wins. Plus its also an advantage in some cases. When put on a higher sensitivity it can make you turn faster and even have plenty of control, the bad part of that is, since it is sometimes jittery it can make spectators think your hacking because it isn't smooth. I say you can switch to a mouse if you want, but who knows... you might do even worse.... Basically my suggestion is keep working on it and slowly raise your sensitivity up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci