• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

How To Be A Better PVP Player

How To Be A Better PVP Player

• Block Hitting

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • Jump and attack

Votes: 106 79.1%

• Total voters

pranger52

Spectator
Reaction score
If you use a trackpad, it takes FOREVER to get used to. Once you do though, you can get so many wins. Plus its also an advantage in some cases. When put on a higher sensitivity it can make you turn faster and even have plenty of control, the bad part of that is, since it is sometimes jittery it can make spectators think your hacking because it isn't smooth. I say you can switch to a mouse if you want, but who knows... you might do even worse.... Basically my suggestion is keep working on it and slowly raise your sensitivity up.
lol ty I already have hyper/quake soo yea I just have been getting winhs like nuts but I get accused of hacking soo often

EvermoreHD

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
He doesn't agree with you saying

But cba to have a conversation so he agrees to disagree... Pretty self explanatory tbh
I don't see why he would say that if he "can't be arshed" to explain himself. At least say which part of my comment he disagrees with...

KraustRz

Survivor
Reaction score
Flint and steel and bows aren't noobish and blockhitting works, but only if you have the skill to do so.
people spam flint and steel and arrows so crazy that it seriously piss me off. And that arrows always hit me even if I run in "zig-zag". Maybe they use hack? God knows, but I'm okay with flint and steel. Me myself use flint and bow a lot of times. So that I have to agree that flint and bow aren't noobish but I have to disagree because it's annoying when (pros and "maybe" hacker) use it.

Blockhitting does work, I have to agree with this one

Note : I never claim my self as a pro XD

CandyCranium

District 13
Reaction score
In your poll, you ask if you should block-hit or jump and hit, but the thing is, I do both :/

greenshirtman

Spectator
Reaction score
It really depends on the situation you're in.
Here's 3 examples of possible situations:
1. In water
2. On flat land
3. On a mountain

Water: Blockhit. That's the best way to avoid taking damage. If you can do it right, then it's possible to outlast an opponent with much better gear (Although if its full leather stone sword vs iron armor, diamond sword, just run away.)

On flat land: Strafe! Get behind the opponent. Blockhitting can be easily defeated if you are a good strafer - I speak from experience. If the other person can't hit you, then you don't have to blockhit. Run around them, but don't take wildly large loops around them. Make small circles, not large ones. That way you move around the opponent faster and they have less time to react. It's tough to do this right if you're using a trackpad, unless you're really good with it.

On a mountain: Get above them, if you can. Then you can sprint at them, using the knockback to hit them off the mountain. Deals a lot of damage, has the chance of a critical hit, and they will fall, hurting them even more. If you can't sprint, though, due to either lack of space or just bad sprinting skills, then blockhit. They can't strafe around you easily (Unless they hack and/or are really good), so if you blockhit then you will hopefully be able to outlast them, just like in water.

Hope this helps you.

Oh, another thing I wanted to write:
Flint N' Steel and Bows.
Flint N' Steel will stun their sprint and deal tons of damage. As long as you can avoid lighting yourself on fire, it is very effective unless they dodge it. Don't use it when they are far away, as they will just avoid/extinguish it.
Bows: Long-ranged weapons. When fully charged, they do as much as a diamond sword (I think). Great for hitting people off mountains, pushing them away from you in water, or hitting people who are in water. Assuming you have decent aim. It helps, as well, in DeathMatch - Aim at them, then fire once you are free to move around. A good way to stun their sprint and/or get the first hit.
I dunno, I would get below the opponent if I was on a mountain, because if get into the right spot, you can hit them, but they can't hit you, even better than block-hitting. It also means you can retreat easily if you get in trouble. Also, jumping reduces your mobility and allows people to strafe around or behind you, the critical hit is not worth it, it's just better to hit them as much as you can.

Coolgear13

Tribute
Reaction score
Again - Block-hitting does work, but only if you can do it correctly. Getting behind or beside the opponent is called strafing, and is just as valid of a technique as block-hitting is. Again, only if you can do it right.

Although thanks for mentioning never to underestimate the opponent. That's always a good thing to keep in mind.
I find it easier to take out people who are trying to block hit. I guess i haven't fought people who block hit that can actually do it. Another thing. Click as fast as you can;)

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
I dunno, I would get below the opponent if I was on a mountain, because if get into the right spot, you can hit them, but they can't hit you, even better than block-hitting. It also means you can retreat easily if you get in trouble. Also, jumping reduces your mobility and allows people to strafe around or behind you, the critical hit is not worth it, it's just better to hit them as much as you can.
If you can't move around properly, either due to bad landscape/positioning or you're just bad at running around, then yes. Get below them and out of their reach. Jumping can reduce your mobility, but if you're really good at sprinting right after you get hit (Like using BSM, but you actually double-tap W, so it's legit), then it isn't too much of a problem. But of course, that takes skill to pull off properly, and newer players can't always do it. Jumping is great for moving faster, though. When strafing, I tend to jump around quite a bit (I think).

I find it easier to take out people who are trying to block hit. I guess i haven't fought people who block hit that can actually do it. Another thing. Click as fast as you can;)
Often, strafing can deal with block-hitters quite easily. However, if they are good at turning quickly and accurately, you can be in trouble.
Say you're a good strafer, fighting a block-hitter that can turn around well - You can be in trouble. The point of strafing is so that you can confuse and get behind the opponent, but if they don't get confused and keep you within your sights, then what's the point of strafing?
But if you're a good strafer, fighting a block-hitter that can't turn well, then you'd be able to confuse and get behind them.
And if you are block-hitting, then make sure to keep the other person within your sights, otherwise you'll be in trouble.

As for clicking fast... Also, you must make sure not to only block. You have to make sure to click both buttons, rather than just the right click button. Some people say to click both buttons at exactly the same time, but whenever I block-hit, I have to click the left then right button. Dunno why, perhaps it just how my mouse works (It's really old - 2005)

Of course, not everyone PVPs like I do. It would make MCSG a loooot harder if people used all my tactics as well as I do ;)
This is just my take on stuff. If you see that I wrote something that's incorrect, or that doesn't work, feel free to let me know so I can fix it (I really don't want to be misleading other players, even by accident) or if you see that I wrote something the wrong way, either by putting words/sentences in the wrong order, pleeeeease let me know. I'm typing this up really fast, and I'm actually kinda dizzy while typing. So I'm not sure if I'm saying this right.

AMooseMan3

Platinum
Reaction score
When you get into a fight with someone that has the same stuff or better than you, block hit until you go down to half health. Then back off and use a flint and steel. If it's succeeded or failed put out the fire. If you do get him on fire and he is out of hitting range by a decent amount then bow him to death. If he is closer though, go after him. However if you're in a map where fire doesn't work the best (Solar Frost and maps with lots of tall grass) your bow and fishing rod will be your best friend. Hope this helps :D

Coolgear13

Tribute
Reaction score
If you can't move around properly, either due to bad landscape/positioning or you're just bad at running around, then yes. Get below them and out of their reach. Jumping can reduce your mobility, but if you're really good at sprinting right after you get hit (Like using BSM, but you actually double-tap W, so it's legit), then it isn't too much of a problem. But of course, that takes skill to pull off properly, and newer players can't always do it. Jumping is great for moving faster, though. When strafing, I tend to jump around quite a bit (I think).

Often, strafing can deal with block-hitters quite easily. However, if they are good at turning quickly and accurately, you can be in trouble.
Say you're a good strafer, fighting a block-hitter that can turn around well - You can be in trouble. The point of strafing is so that you can confuse and get behind the opponent, but if they don't get confused and keep you within your sights, then what's the point of strafing?
But if you're a good strafer, fighting a block-hitter that can't turn well, then you'd be able to confuse and get behind them.
And if you are block-hitting, then make sure to keep the other person within your sights, otherwise you'll be in trouble.

As for clicking fast... Also, you must make sure not to only block. You have to make sure to click both buttons, rather than just the right click button. Some people say to click both buttons at exactly the same time, but whenever I block-hit, I have to click the left then right button. Dunno why, perhaps it just how my mouse works (It's really old - 2005)

Of course, not everyone PVPs like I do. It would make MCSG a loooot harder if people used all my tactics as well as I do ;)
This is just my take on stuff. If you see that I wrote something that's incorrect, or that doesn't work, feel free to let me know so I can fix it (I really don't want to be misleading other players, even by accident) or if you see that I wrote something the wrong way, either by putting words/sentences in the wrong order, pleeeeease let me know. I'm typing this up really fast, and I'm actually kinda dizzy while typing. So I'm not sure if I'm saying this right.
What i meant by clicking fast is when hitting. not block hitting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci