• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Guide How to: Correctly Contact a Member of Staff

P

PeriLH_

Contacting Staff Members

Recently I have seen many players that need some help that requires assistance from different members of staff, including moderators, or other members of Sr. Staff. This is just a little guide to help you all contact a staff member for help correctly and how to go about doing so.

Recently I have seen many players that need some help that requires assistance from different members of staff, including moderators, or other members of Sr. Staff. This is just a little guide to help you all contact a staff member for help correctly and how to go about doing so.

Moderators
Here is a list of the most common things you make need to contact a moderator for:​

~If you have found a hacker in-game.
+Include the username of the hacker, the game type, the server region and number in your report. Once the hacker is spotted, you may either message a moderator by poking/messaging them on the TeamSpeak or telling a moderator in chat in a hub.

+Moderators have a command that allows them to silently join a game. They don’t want the hacker to see them, so they can vanish. You won’t see the moderator’s name on the list, but they will be in-game watching. When vanished, they will not type in chat to answer your questions. Do not continuously poke moderators either because we are trying to get evidence.

+Do not tell say in chat: “Kick them! Hacker! Did you see that? Wow, cmon’ mod! Kick them right now/” That is very disrespectful, we were trained to do our job correctly.

+Finally, please only poke one moderator unless the one that you poked is busy.

Ex. I found a hacker in US sg4. Their IGN is *insert the user's IGN here*.

~If you have a video of a hacker.

(Note: Normally you should just report the hacker in the Report Abuse section of the forums. Remember to fill out the template. You can find the report abuse section here.)

+You may need to contact a moderator if you have a video of a user hacking on any of our servers. Please make sure that the video is unlisted and that the evidence is not tampered with in any way. Editing of the screen of any form may result in the evidence being discarded.

+If you could include a time frame of where the player can be seen hacking in the video, that would be great.

Ex. Hi, I have a video of a hacker. Their username/IGN is *Insert player name here* and can be found hacking at 0:03 to 0:15.

~Receiving your donor-ship on TeamSpeak
+When contacting a moderator about getting your rank on TeamSpeak, make sure you are in-game somewhere on the servers. This is the easiest way to ensure that you are the player that you say you are.

Ex. I'm in Hub 8, my IGN is *Insert your IGN here*. Could you give me my rank, please?

+If you would like your rank on your phone, either go on your original TeamSpeak account that you already have the rank on and tell a moderator which account is your phone, or have some bit of proof that you are who you say you are. (Receipts are usually second best.)

~Wanting to see the evidence for your ban.

+If you have ever been banned on the server and wanted to see what evidence there was to support that ban, come and talk to a moderator. We can show you the evidence and give you the links of where to post a ban dispute.

Refrain from contacting a Moderator about:

~
Another clan not taking a loss.

+As Moderators, their duty is to make sure everyone is following the rules. Unless a clan isn't following our Rules or the Official Clan Rules, we can do nothing. Please refer to the new clan guide here.

~Asking what your should put in your moderator application.

+Moderators are not allowed to help you one bit with your application. They can only help you find the template and show you where to post your application.

+Moderators also can not tell you where the instructions are for the Age Exception Process. That's part of the assessment.

+If you ask about anything having to do with the applications and what to put in them, the answer will most likely be something along the lines of "Fill out each section with as much detail as possible. Good luck!”

Sr. Moderators

Here is a list of the most common things you make need to contact a Sr. Moderator for. You can either contact Sr. Moderators on the forums, TeamSpeak, or by the following e-mails.

~You have a question about why your moderator application was denied.
+If you have tried your hardest on your moderator application and it has been declined after a few tries, you may be wondering why you have been denied. Either message a Sr. Moderator on the forums or hop onto TeamSpeak and see if one is available to talk for a few minutes.

Refrain from contacting a Sr. Moderator about:

~
Why your ban was upheld.

+If your ban has been upheld, it has been upheld for a reason. If it was not stated in the ban dispute, you may always go to a moderator for your evidence.

+If you are still curious why your ban has been upheld and the reason wasn't stated in the ban dispute, message a Sr. Moderator on the forums and politely ask why.

~
Do not bug Sr. Moderators to look at your moderator applications and ban disputes.

+This will most likely result in your application being denied because it shows that you are not very patient. Your application also does not get looked at any faster. It actually makes them take a lot longer to reply.

+The Sr. Staff are always trying their hardest and get to Ban Disputes and Mod Apps whenever they have time.

Administrators/Developers

If you absolutely need an Admin or Developer, you may always ask a Sr Moderator if they have time to speak about an issue. Most likely you will not need to contact an Admin or a Developer unless there is some major problem. First go to Sr. Moderators, if they feel that what you need should be taken up with Administration/Developers, they will tell you so.

How to Properly Report a Player on the Forums for Hacking

Now that you know what Staff members can help you with, it is time that you learn how to properly make a Report Abuse thread! Step by Step I will walk you through this so hopefully you won’t be having any problems.

First, we will go through on how to report a player that is hacking!

Step 1: Copy and Paste the Report Abuse template into the new thread that you have created.

Ex.

In-game name:.
Gametype:
Region:
Reason:
Proof:
Key Times on Video [Optional]:
Time, Date, and Server:

Step 2: Title the Thread
Ex. The title should be the user’s In-Game name then the reason for the report.
Bob - Hacking

Step 3: Start to fill out the template! Here is an explanation of what each of the sections is asking of you.

In-game name:.*User’s In-Game Name*
Gametype: *The gametype that was being played when you caught the rule breaker.*
Region: *What reigon of the servers were you playing in when you caught the rule breaker. EU, US, AU, ect. *
Reason: *Why are you reporting the player*
Proof: *Insert the link to your Youtube video of the player hacking*
Key Times on Video [Optional]: *At what times in the video can the player be seen hacking*
Time, Date, and Server: *This one is simple. What time, date and the server number!*

Here is a correctly filled out report abuse template:

*Player Name* - Hacking (Aimbot)

In-game name:.*Player’s Name*
Gametype: Survival Games
Region: US
Reason: The player has been caught hacking. I believe he is using aimbot.
Proof: *Insert Video Link Here*
Key Times on Video [Optional]: 0:05 - 0:30 and 0:45 - 0:50
Time, Date, and Server: 6:45pm EST, July 27th, 2014 in SG 20

Quick Tip: Please make sure that the video evidence that you supply in your thread is “Unlisted”. If not, quickly go into your Youtube Video Manager settings and make the video unlisted instead of public or private.

How to Report a Player on the Forums for Abuse

Here, I will show you have to properly report someone on the forums that is being abusive in chat. Please, do not report someone for saying “gg get rekt” or “gg noob”. Anything along those lines is not abusive, nor will the player be punished.

So you already know how to copy and paste the template into your thread and how to title it (Player’s IGN - *Reason for Report*), now I will show you a correctly filled out template reporting an abusive user.

In-game name:.*Player’s Name*
Gametype: Hub 8
Region: US
Reason: Being very abusive and spam posting inappropriate links in chat.
Proof: *Insert a non-edited screenshot of the player abusing*
Key Times on Video [Optional]: N/A
Time, Date, and Server: 7pm EST, July 1st, 2014. Hub 8

When posting a screenshot, do not crop or edit it in any way. If you do, the report will be closed and the player will not be dealt with. You will get a reply, asking for the un-edited screenshot in a new thread.

How to upload a screenshot to Imgur

Step 1: Go onto Imgur.com and click the top left button that says “Upload Images”

Step 2: Click “Browse you computer” and navigate to your screenshots folder that is inside your minecraft folder.

Step 3: Double click the image that you would like to upload and then click “Start Upload”

Step 4: On the right hand side of your screen you should see “Image Link”, copy and paste that into your report!

How to Properly Make a Ban Dispute

Please make sure to read that guide, it will help you out a lot!​

Tips:

1) Make sure not to bug the Sr. Staff members, if you do, your ban will automatically be upheld.

2) Be very respectful in your ban dispute. Do not disrespect the staff in any way or make rude comments about a single staff member.

3) You may not dispute your friends ban. You may only dispute your own. Now, you may say “Well my friend is banned from the forums!” If you friend is banned from the forums that is their own fault. You can not be unbanned from the forums. If your friend is already banned from the forums, then is banned in-game, he/she will have to just wait out the ban.

4) Try to act professional and use proper grammer. It always helps if you sincerely apologize and know that what you did was wrong.

5) Lastly, make sure that you answer every question of the template!

Emails of the Sr. Staff

Developers

kpwn243 [email protected]

subv3rsion - [email protected]

Forairan - [email protected]

dv90 - [email protected]

Rustywolf - [email protected]

DV_Raiton - [email protected]

Administators

CAmadeusA- [email protected]

starshootr - [email protected]

AlpakaWhacker - [email protected]

razzledgirl - [email protected]

Sr. Moderators

KellieBreanne - [email protected]

Bowser52000 - [email protected]

Adragonfire9 - [email protected]

sheldor_da_great - [email protected]

KitMencha - [email protected]

Jimmer93 - [email protected]

Jodimo - [email protected]

LadyOfLove - [email protected]

ChandelleMC - [email protected]

Thank you all for reading! I hope this helped you in some way. :) If you find any errors, please let me know and I will fix them as soon as possible.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dzbs

Iron
Reaction score
This thread clears up A LOT of confusion for those who don't know this. Good job on the thread! :)

Kcinayy

Platinum
Reaction score
And what if TS doesnt work and you are a tryhard and dont want to die to a hacker.

shoottomaim

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Contacting Staff Members

Double paste.
masond123
This link should be merged with this thread.

Reaction score
MCSG NEEDS TO GET RID OF Ultimate Fishing Rod Of Doom HACKERS AND TEAMS OF 5!
I'VE SEEN A 5 TEAM OF MODERATORS! FFS MCSG GET A GRIP

Captain Dory

Diamond
Reaction score
MCSG NEEDS TO GET RID OF Ultimate Fishing Rod Of Doom HACKERS AND TEAMS OF 5!
I'VE SEEN A 5 TEAM OF MODERATORS! FFS MCSG GET A GRIP
Your caps, swearing and general immaturity is definitely helping the problem at hand. We thank you dearly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci