• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

How to Enchant in MCSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaPieHD

Career
Reaction score
Hello there MCSG!
I'm sure in one of our games, we've seen someone with an enchanted weapon. But hang on- How could you get experience in mcsg? There's no way! So, how do they enchant, if they can't get levels? I know a few ways. If you guys/gals know another way, just post it, and i'll add it in :)
1. Fishing
This is the main, and simplest way to earn Experience. I love doing this on Valleyside University, using the pond that goes up to the Library (Or whatever it is), which is where the Enchantment Table is located at. Getting 4-6 fish normally gets you a level. It's not advised to go for things like level 4 enchants, because you'll get the same as level 1, and it'll take a LONG time.
2. Sponsoring
If you want some exp fast, type this in chat:
"Plz sponsor exp pots i heetar."
No but seriously, experience potions can be sponsored (2 at a time) which normally fills the meter up 3/4 i think? (Might need to test). So, if you play with a friend, if he dies, get him to sponsor you some if you know where the enchantment table is.
TESTED: 3 or 4 experience potions are required to gain 1 level.
3. Cooking food in a furnace
If you can cook ANYTHING, you can get experience. When you take the smelted item out, you will get a small portion of experience. After about 15 cooked items (Only guessing)
you will be rewarded with one level. This isn't an effective way to get experience, but it sure works.
Credit to croe97
4. Mobs
Mobs (Passive and Hostile) are very rare in MCSG. They do not spawn on their own, so a spawner etc is required. When building a map, if there is a cow on one of the pedestals, it will be there on the MCSG game. So, that will explain why i always find a cow on the edge of a map in SG2.
Credit to ShaunDepro
Using enchanted weapons can be truly overpowered if used right. Sharpness 1 on a diamond sword can make it go from 7 hearts to 8-9 hearts of damage. With a bow, it can be a 2/3 shot kill. If you're going to enchant armour, make sure to enchant the chestplate first, because they give more protection.
kaiomann made a thread about where enchantment tables are, so make sure to check that out by
Happy enchanting!
-Pie

FuSioN

Diamond
Reaction score
Already knew this :p But a this is a nice guide for newer players. :)

Zachary0614

Career
Reaction score
Great guide but 9/10 times you can't get a full level from sponsoring :cool:

Ninga

District 13
Reaction score
what about pigs, cows, chickens and stuff AND SQUID.... also, this a tutorial on how to get XP.. enchanting is the easiest thing to do:

grab item
drag into enchantment table
choose which enchantment

thy end.

ScrewYouGumby2

Diamond
Reaction score
Yeah, when enchanting its best to use only 1 level even if you have 3 available, you have a better chance of getting what you want. I got sharpness and knockback with a single level playing mcsg.

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
There are mobs you silly goose, they just don't spawn on their own. You can find some on various maps (I know for a fact SG1 as I've gained 20 levels on it). ;)

Carz

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
There are mobs you silly goose, they just don't spawn on their own. You can find some on various maps (I know for a fact SG1 as I've gained 20 levels on it). ;)
20 levels? Wow.

croe97

District 13
Reaction score
You can also get XP from cooking food in furnaces. Although this isn't very much you get a cooked food too :D

DaPieHD

Career
Reaction score
You can also get XP from cooking food in furnaces. Although this isn't very much you get a cooked food too :D
Oh, i forgot about that. I'll add it now :3

Joshkey, could you please move this to 'Beginning Tutorials' thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci