• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

How to hide your IP from current Skype resolvers!

Revalize

Gold
Reaction score
First of all, I would like to say that this guide was made by Dexter from hackforums.net, I did not make any of this and I do not take any credit.

Now, here is the guide.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, recently we heard about this new patch that came out for Skype. We all heard that Skype resolvers were patched, and they kind of are and are not.

We have three different kind of resolvers,

First one is the IP Sniffer, this is usually done by a person using common tools like Commview or WireShark. The only way to block this is to be on a proxy, VPN and/or delete people you don't trust (Keep in mind that people whom are not on your contact list might still be able to get your IP by sniffing it, follow this thread to block these "attacks".)

Second kind of resolvers are the Normal Skype Resolvers. These resolvers are resolving your IP by trying to get a direct connection with you, even if they are not on your contact list. So how do we block these? Well, they are kind of easy to block, but not everyone has done it. These are usually blocked by a Skype function. What this function does is to eliminate the ones that are not on your client list trying to get a direct connection with you. What does this mean? This means that if you have not enabled this function, people can get your IP easily. So how to enable this? Well, all you need to do is to follow Method 1 of this tutorial.

The third and the most dangerous resolvers, they are called "Beta" resolvers. They were designed to bypass the Skype beta function which we talked about above. So far I have only come across one resolver that was/is able to pull off peoples IP even if you have the function in method 1 enabled. I have tried multiple times to block this resolver, but they end up with new methods of bypassing it, and there are many reasons why.

First reason is that all my methods are public so they can see what they have done wrong and they can patch it and/or make new methods.

Second one is that they are multiple people working on the resolver, but I am mostly alone and have limited time to try to block these, even though I try all the time to find new methods that work and is stable.

I tried out Speedresolve.com today and they gave a false IP, I am not sure if this is the end of Speedresolve, or if they are just working on something. Knowing these people, I can almost guarantee they are trying to find new methods or update their current method.

Down under you will find three methods which will try to block most resolvers. Following method 1 is currently enough, but if you want to get that extra security, I recommend reading the whole thread and following all methods.

Keep in mind that Method 3 is not necessary currently, just because it is a pain in the ass to perform.

Speedresolve is no longer selling access to their API, which is great if you ask me.

Now taking Suggestions, you can pm me your Suggestions, write it here or add me on Skype to inform me there. Remember all of the method must be tested for a period of time so we ensure we have up to date and legit methods of blocking these resolvers.

You might ask why I make this thread, this is because I want the community of HF to have the chance to hide their IP from the Public. Because I myself am sick of getting Booted of Skype several times a day. If you have anything against this thread, please leave your feedback with a reason why and we can discuss.

Method 1 - The Firestarter
Warning - images:
You do not need administrative rights to do this method!

1. First of all, download Skype, newest version. I currently have:

Skype Version 6.14.60.104 (There might be newer versions out there)

Click here to download your version

The above link is for windows Only - If you have mac, just download newest version from Skype's site.

2. Click on Tools, then on Options:

3. Press Advanced, then Connection:

4. Now, fill in your settings as I have done. It must be the same settings.
- Don't forget to save.
Credits to picture under goes to:
SSCARL24

5. Wait 1-26 hours before you try to resolve. For some it works instantly, for others it will take 1-26 hours. (That is because, if you have been resolved on that site before, it will still show your IP, if you wait 1-26 hours, it wont be able to resolve your IP.

Have other questions? Feel free to ask, this method is not mine. I found it a while back. Do not have link for credits.

__

Method 2 - The Bulldozer
Warning - images:
This method requires administrative rights! (Firewall)

Now this method is just an extra layer of security. After you have finished method 1, you do this if you want.

I recommend doing this because it blocks most advanced Skype resolvers.

1. Now the "Tricky" part.

Download this .bat file and Run as Administrator - Click here

If you are unsure if you can trust the code, right click it and press edit to view the code yourself.

2. You are finished,
That easy right :)

Now, remember that Speedresolve keeps logs of IPs resolved.
This means if your IP still shows up when you resolve it, this means you have to either use a lot of proxies/VPNs and get rid of the IPs there, or just contact your ISP and tell them you are getting DDoSed and you would like them to change your IP.

Method 3 - The Manipulator
Warning - images:
Well, this one is so stupid, but it actually worked. We managed to fool these new resolvers (Skype beta resolvers).

What you do is the following:

Method 3.1 (The Easy one)
1. Quit/Exit Skype!
2. Go to Hotmail.com or Outlook.com
3. Open the browser you normally use. In this example I will use Chrome. Now, your Skype Account Should be linked to a Microsoft account. Use that Email to log into the sites above.
4. We used Chrome in Step 3, now we Hold CTRL + Good + N to open incognito mode. Login to you Microsoft account again and you will see this:

5. Do not close these Tabs, if you don't close them, resolvers will not get your IP :) They will get Microsoft IPs and you can stay logged into your Normal Skype account :)

1. Quit/Exit Skype!
2. Visit: https://plus.im/
3. Press The Skype Logo (Icon)
4. Login with your Skype info. You will need to do this in two browsers. Or Once in Normal Chrome and once in incognito mode.
5. Resolve your Skype on one of the Beta resolver sites. Your IP will be random, something like: 54.83.12.150
6. When you finally manged to get that random IP (The server IP of plus.im) - You login to Skype as you would normally.

Now every time someone tries to resolve you, they get the plus.im IP and you will not be exposed.

Keep in mind that for this to work, you have to be logged into plus.im. So just keep that tab open :)

F.A.Q
Q: Stupid methods, my IP is already resolved on Resolveme.org and when people press Last IPs, it will show them my IP, you have a fix for that?

A: Use different proxies, daily. After 1-2 weeks, you will have 100 other IPs there. If the guy that wants you down, he has to work for it. I don't think Resolveme.org saves more than 10 IPs.

__

Q: Where do I download the newest version of Skype?

A: Just Click Here :)

This is the Windows download link!

Before you download the above, please check your version and check if its the same as mine. If it's older, upgrade. If it's newer, then this thread is old. Also remember that I am running Skype on Windows 8, meaning we might have different versions. The link above will download the newest version for your version of Windows.

__

Q: Won't this mess up my Skype connection?

A: I have not noticed anything and I have had it on for a week now. It might take 1 second extra to send messages, but its worth it.

__

Q: I can't find the firewall!!

A: If you do not have Windows in English, that might be the problem. Try to translate the word Firewall and search for it in your language.

__

If you still can't find, please PM me and I will help you out.

Q: Method 2 is just confusing and I don't understand!

A: PM me, I will help you out.

__

Q: Method 2 is just retarded, what are you thinking?

A: If you have any better methods or think you can make this method easier/better, please send me a PM and I will give you credits and I will edit this thread.

__

Q: Why are you blocking those ports, what?!?!

A: That's how I managed to not get resolved with Speedresolve

__

Q: Who do you think you are by posting these methods?

A: Please, if you have any problems, contact me.

__

Q: I do not want to close that exact port, what do I do?

A: Just block another port you can block, but be sure to change the port in the Skype Connection Settings.

Q: How do I change my IP?

A: Look at the end of method 2, there I have explained how.
__

Credits

Method 2: Found by me, tested by a lot of people - Check the responses so far.

The Batch file goes to HallerBoyo.

Please, read FAQ or contact me before you post anything negative.

Leave feedback so I can fix stuff and keep the thread alive.

Don't spam in this thread to get 10 Posts or whatever, that is against the rules. Read the Help docs!

Good luck people :) Hope you liked the tutorial.

Extra Security

1. Always make sure you have checked the box that says:

Only allow people in my Contact list to call me.

This way, random people can't sniff your IP.

You can find this setting by going to;

Option --> Calls --> Call Settings --> Check the box.
_

2. Never ever click any links if you don't trust the source.

Even if it says .jpg or looks like a Facebook link. These can be IP grabbers;

"An IP grabber is a program/site that will find the IP address of another computer. Often used by hackers."

It takes 15 seconds to set one up and one click from you and they have your IP. (Good luck getting back online)
_

3. Never add random people on Skype, I mean if you are a high target, you can just simply just deny all requests, and ask for PM verification on HF, just to make sure who you are talking to.

Now you ask, why not add these random people.

Well, they might sniff your IP, and by you accepting these request you are basically hitting yourself down.
_

4. If you really have a security issue and this wont help you at all, just use a web based version of Skype IM. This way, no way in hell are they able to resolve you.

Try out one of these sites,

https://imo.im/register

https://plus.im/

But remember, some of these sites are a pain to get used to.
_

5. Just don't use Skype. Even though most "sellers" and business men prefers Skype instead. I still do not recommend Skype.

For Extra Security, use Pidgin with OTR (Google that) and use RaidCall for calling people (Not possible to find your IP, since you are going through their servers.)

6. Download an AntiVirus, yes an AV. Why you ask? Well, advanced AVs blocks Port Scans, making the new Skype resolvers (New method of resolving) mostly useless. It even informs you where the scan is coming from (IP)

7. I have recently discovered that my brother was logged into his devices, even though he was using these methods, his mobile phone was connected to the home WIFI, giving off our IP. The point of this is that I recommend you to use private accounts on your phone so people don't get your IP. You can also use a web based IM, or anything else to chat with friends you trust. Just don't connect to your Skype account with your phone.

8. Now you may have done everything above, but the resolvers still have logs of your IP and you do not have a way to change your IP. The easier way to fix this is to just create a new account and apply the patches and methods above.

Tip: Check this thread from time to time to ensure you have the best security available currently.

_

That's it for now, will add more if I get more info. I gladly take requests, Credits will be given.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Very helpful. Thank you for finding this and sharing it with our forums, Revalize.

JohnnyMiner551

Spectator
Reaction score
First of all, I would like to say that this guide was made by Dexter from hackforums.net, I did not make any of this and I do not take any credit.

Now, here is the guide.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, recently we heard about this new patch that came out for Skype. We all heard that Skype resolvers were patched, and they kind of are and are not.

We have three different kind of resolvers,

First one is the IP Sniffer, this is usually done by a person using common tools like Commview or WireShark. The only way to block this is to be on a proxy, VPN and/or delete people you don't trust (Keep in mind that people whom are not on your contact list might still be able to get your IP by sniffing it, follow this thread to block these "attacks".)

Second kind of resolvers are the Normal Skype Resolvers. These resolvers are resolving your IP by trying to get a direct connection with you, even if they are not on your contact list. So how do we block these? Well, they are kind of easy to block, but not everyone has done it. These are usually blocked by a Skype function. What this function does is to eliminate the ones that are not on your client list trying to get a direct connection with you. What does this mean? This means that if you have not enabled this function, people can get your IP easily. So how to enable this? Well, all you need to do is to follow Method 1 of this tutorial.

The third and the most dangerous resolvers, they are called "Beta" resolvers. They were designed to bypass the Skype beta function which we talked about above. So far I have only come across one resolver that was/is able to pull off peoples IP even if you have the function in method 1 enabled. I have tried multiple times to block this resolver, but they end up with new methods of bypassing it, and there are many reasons why.

First reason is that all my methods are public so they can see what they have done wrong and they can patch it and/or make new methods.

Second one is that they are multiple people working on the resolver, but I am mostly alone and have limited time to try to block these, even though I try all the time to find new methods that work and is stable.

I tried out Speedresolve.com today and they gave a false IP, I am not sure if this is the end of Speedresolve, or if they are just working on something. Knowing these people, I can almost guarantee they are trying to find new methods or update their current method.

Down under you will find three methods which will try to block most resolvers. Following method 1 is currently enough, but if you want to get that extra security, I recommend reading the whole thread and following all methods.

Keep in mind that Method 3 is not necessary currently, just because it is a pain in the ass to perform.

Speedresolve is no longer selling access to their API, which is great if you ask me.

Now taking Suggestions, you can pm me your Suggestions, write it here or add me on Skype to inform me there. Remember all of the method must be tested for a period of time so we ensure we have up to date and legit methods of blocking these resolvers.

You might ask why I make this thread, this is because I want the community of HF to have the chance to hide their IP from the Public. Because I myself am sick of getting Booted of Skype several times a day. If you have anything against this thread, please leave your feedback with a reason why and we can discuss.

Method 1 - The Firestarter
Warning - images:
You do not need administrative rights to do this method!

1. First of all, download Skype, newest version. I currently have:

Skype Version 6.14.60.104 (There might be newer versions out there)

Click here to download your version

The above link is for windows Only - If you have mac, just download newest version from Skype's site.

2. Click on Tools, then on Options:

3. Press Advanced, then Connection:

4. Now, fill in your settings as I have done. It must be the same settings.
- Don't forget to save.
Credits to picture under goes to:
SSCARL24

5. Wait 1-26 hours before you try to resolve. For some it works instantly, for others it will take 1-26 hours. (That is because, if you have been resolved on that site before, it will still show your IP, if you wait 1-26 hours, it wont be able to resolve your IP.

Have other questions? Feel free to ask, this method is not mine. I found it a while back. Do not have link for credits.

__

Method 2 - The Bulldozer
Warning - images:
This method requires administrative rights! (Firewall)

Now this method is just an extra layer of security. After you have finished method 1, you do this if you want.

I recommend doing this because it blocks most advanced Skype resolvers.

1. Now the "Tricky" part.

Download this .bat file and Run as Administrator - Click here

If you are unsure if you can trust the code, right click it and press edit to view the code yourself.

2. You are finished,
That easy right :)

Now, remember that Speedresolve keeps logs of IPs resolved.
This means if your IP still shows up when you resolve it, this means you have to either use a lot of proxies/VPNs and get rid of the IPs there, or just contact your ISP and tell them you are getting DDoSed and you would like them to change your IP.

Method 3 - The Manipulator
Warning - images:
Well, this one is so stupid, but it actually worked. We managed to fool these new resolvers (Skype beta resolvers).

What you do is the following:

Method 3.1 (The Easy one)
1. Quit/Exit Skype!
2. Go to Hotmail.com or Outlook.com
3. Open the browser you normally use. In this example I will use Chrome. Now, your Skype Account Should be linked to a Microsoft account. Use that Email to log into the sites above.
4. We used Chrome in Step 3, now we Hold CTRL + Good + N to open incognito mode. Login to you Microsoft account again and you will see this:

5. Do not close these Tabs, if you don't close them, resolvers will not get your IP :) They will get Microsoft IPs and you can stay logged into your Normal Skype account :)

1. Quit/Exit Skype!
2. Visit: https://plus.im/
3. Press The Skype Logo (Icon)
4. Login with your Skype info. You will need to do this in two browsers. Or Once in Normal Chrome and once in incognito mode.
5. Resolve your Skype on one of the Beta resolver sites. Your IP will be random, something like: 54.83.12.150
6. When you finally manged to get that random IP (The server IP of plus.im) - You login to Skype as you would normally.

Now every time someone tries to resolve you, they get the plus.im IP and you will not be exposed.

Keep in mind that for this to work, you have to be logged into plus.im. So just keep that tab open :)

F.A.Q
Q: Stupid methods, my IP is already resolved on Resolveme.org and when people press Last IPs, it will show them my IP, you have a fix for that?

A: Use different proxies, daily. After 1-2 weeks, you will have 100 other IPs there. If the guy that wants you down, he has to work for it. I don't think Resolveme.org saves more than 10 IPs.

__

Q: Where do I download the newest version of Skype?

A: Just Click Here :)

This is the Windows download link!

Before you download the above, please check your version and check if its the same as mine. If it's older, upgrade. If it's newer, then this thread is old. Also remember that I am running Skype on Windows 8, meaning we might have different versions. The link above will download the newest version for your version of Windows.

__

Q: Won't this mess up my Skype connection?

A: I have not noticed anything and I have had it on for a week now. It might take 1 second extra to send messages, but its worth it.

__

Q: I can't find the firewall!!

A: If you do not have Windows in English, that might be the problem. Try to translate the word Firewall and search for it in your language.

__

If you still can't find, please PM me and I will help you out.

Q: Method 2 is just confusing and I don't understand!

A: PM me, I will help you out.

__

Q: Method 2 is just retarded, what are you thinking?

A: If you have any better methods or think you can make this method easier/better, please send me a PM and I will give you credits and I will edit this thread.

__

Q: Why are you blocking those ports, what?!?!

A: That's how I managed to not get resolved with Speedresolve

__

Q: Who do you think you are by posting these methods?

A: Please, if you have any problems, contact me.

__

Q: I do not want to close that exact port, what do I do?

A: Just block another port you can block, but be sure to change the port in the Skype Connection Settings.

Q: How do I change my IP?

A: Look at the end of method 2, there I have explained how.
__

Credits

Method 2: Found by me, tested by a lot of people - Check the responses so far.

The Batch file goes to HallerBoyo.

Please, read FAQ or contact me before you post anything negative.

Leave feedback so I can fix stuff and keep the thread alive.

Don't spam in this thread to get 10 Posts or whatever, that is against the rules. Read the Help docs!

Good luck people :) Hope you liked the tutorial.

Extra Security

1. Always make sure you have checked the box that says:

Only allow people in my Contact list to call me.

This way, random people can't sniff your IP.

You can find this setting by going to;

Option --> Calls --> Call Settings --> Check the box.
_

2. Never ever click any links if you don't trust the source.

Even if it says .jpg or looks like a Facebook link. These can be IP grabbers;

"An IP grabber is a program/site that will find the IP address of another computer. Often used by hackers."

It takes 15 seconds to set one up and one click from you and they have your IP. (Good luck getting back online)
_

3. Never add random people on Skype, I mean if you are a high target, you can just simply just deny all requests, and ask for PM verification on HF, just to make sure who you are talking to.

Now you ask, why not add these random people.

Well, they might sniff your IP, and by you accepting these request you are basically hitting yourself down.
_

4. If you really have a security issue and this wont help you at all, just use a web based version of Skype IM. This way, no way in hell are they able to resolve you.

Try out one of these sites,

https://imo.im/register

https://plus.im/

But remember, some of these sites are a pain to get used to.
_

5. Just don't use Skype. Even though most "sellers" and business men prefers Skype instead. I still do not recommend Skype.

For Extra Security, use Pidgin with OTR (Google that) and use RaidCall for calling people (Not possible to find your IP, since you are going through their servers.)

6. Download an AntiVirus, yes an AV. Why you ask? Well, advanced AVs blocks Port Scans, making the new Skype resolvers (New method of resolving) mostly useless. It even informs you where the scan is coming from (IP)

7. I have recently discovered that my brother was logged into his devices, even though he was using these methods, his mobile phone was connected to the home WIFI, giving off our IP. The point of this is that I recommend you to use private accounts on your phone so people don't get your IP. You can also use a web based IM, or anything else to chat with friends you trust. Just don't connect to your Skype account with your phone.

8. Now you may have done everything above, but the resolvers still have logs of your IP and you do not have a way to change your IP. The easier way to fix this is to just create a new account and apply the patches and methods above.

Tip: Check this thread from time to time to ensure you have the best security available currently.

_

That's it for now, will add more if I get more info. I gladly take requests, Credits will be given.
For masking your IP I would suggest using VPN/proxy service like ***Hide My IP***. I use them for a long time, excellent service. I can access sites which I usually wouldn't be allowed to and I can remove Netflix restrictions. I've tried using Tor, but it didn't perform well. It's slow and I still get restricted from many websites...

TylerOG

Spectator
Reaction score
Skype actually stopped/blocked the ability to resolve skype usernames however you could be saved in a database already thus still able to get resolved.
Source

Edit: Just noticed this guide is pretty old.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci