• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Helpful?

• Total voters

NateNatural

Platinum
Reaction score
ToggleSprint and Sneak 1.7.10

Hey there friends! The administration approved the use of ToggleSprint and Sneak a few days ago, and I’m sure there are a lot of people who have been wanting to give it a try. Unfortunately there are lots of versions of the mod out there, and it may be hard to find the right one to use. If you’ve been looking for a safe and easy way to install the correct version of ToggleSprint, then you have come to the right place!

* This guide is for ToggleSprint 1.7.10. If anyone has information on how to install the mod for 1.8 (and get Forge to cooperate) please drop me a PM and I can add your information here and credit you c: 1.8 links can now be found at the bottom of the thread! The process is the same.

What You Need

• This mod requires Forge 1.7.10. If you have not downloaded Forge, you can do so here.
  • A Mediafire link to ToggleSneak/Sprint uploaded by me can be found here.
  • Player API 1.7.10, which can be downloaded from Mediafire here.
  • A brain
  • Winrar, 7zip, or any other archiver program that we Minemen use to download mods and such.
  • This guide is geared toward Windows users, however if you have a Mac computer and a solid knowledge of installing mods, this shouldn't be too hard to follow.
Installation

* These instructions assume you have already successfully downloaded Forge.

• Open your "mods" folder in .minecraft
  • Open the ToggleSneak/Sprint 1.7.2 in your archiver program
  • Delete the .jar file titled "Player API 1.7.2"
  • Drag only the "ToggleSneak 1.7.2 .jar file into your "mods" folder
  • Open the Player API 1.7.10 in your archiver program
  • Drag only the Player API 1.7.10 .jar file into your "mods" folder
  • Voila! Open up Minecraft and run your Forge version, everything should be good to go!
Extra Notes
How to use the mod
  • ToggleSprint acts by binding your normal sneak and sprint keys to toggle keys. If you tap your Sprint/Sneak keys, it will automatically bind or "toggle" them to keep you sprinting or sneaking.
    You can change your keybinds as you would normally in your Minecraft Controls.
  • Yes! You can use OptiFine and other mods with ToggleSprint! Simply install them and drag them in .jar form to your "mods" folder.
1.8 Links
Thanks to Saimo, we now have links for a working 1.8 version and compatible Forge build!

• ToggleSprint/Sneak for 1.8 can be found here.
  • PlayerAPI for 1.8 can be found here.
  • Windows Installer for compatible Forge build can be found here.

Thank you guys for reading and following this guide! Leave some positive feedback if it helped! (or negative feedback if I'm nub)

Did ToggleSprint inspire you to change up your controls at all? I know it did for me. I'm back to my semi-1.6 controls, using shift as my sneak key and control to toggle my sprint on and off when needed. Tell us!
Thank you! :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci