• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Guide How to join a server- Guide

Tree_TheBigKind

District 13
Reaction score
I wanted to create this thread because it seems that almost every other status is "How do I join a server?" I thought this would help-

1. Add the server(s) you want.
You can do this by pressing "Add Server" in the Multiplayer section within your minecraft. If you don't know the server IPs, you can find them here: http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/servers/. For example, I live in the United States so the closest server location is the US. I would add the server I wanted. Let's say I want to join the 5th server. I would add us5.mcsg.in (that's the IP for the server). The server locations are currently: The US, Canada, Europe, Asia, Australia. If you don't want to use the link to get the IPs, they can be added easily as well. The IP for all of the is (the server location)(the server number).mcsg.in So let's say I want to join the 12th server in Europe, I would use the IP of eu12.mcsg.in You can do this for all of them. The abbreviations for the US is us, Europe is eu, Australia is au, Canada is ca, and Asia is as.

2. Verify that you entered the IP correctly
Once you added the server that you want, you should most likely make sure you entered it correctly so you don't try to join and rage because it didn't work. Scroll through your multiplayer servers until you find it (if you just added it, it will be at the bottom of the list). The server should read send back a connection. This is shown on the right side where there are bars. If you see at least one, then you have officially added the server correctly! Don't worry if it sends back that dreaded "x" over where you should have bars. The server could be experiencing maintenance, be in-between games, or you just might not be connected to the internet.

3. Joining the game!
This is hardest part if you aren't a donator since you don't get the ability to kick people from a game to make a spot for yourself. Getting to play a game will take much patience on your part. When you look at the server, you should see one of these things on it- "Lobby", "PreGame", "PostVictory", "LiveGame", "DeathMatch", or "CleanUp" (or something close to one of these). This is the important part! You can only play a game if you are in the "Lobby" when it goes to "LiveGame". If you aren't a donator, it won't be as simple as seeing "Lobby" and joining. These servers run on a loop in a way. The "LiveGame" will go to "DeathMatch" when there are only three people left. Once a player wins (or a tie happens), the game will go from "DeathMatch" to "PostVictory". After this you will see the server go down. In other words, you won't be able to connect to it. Don't flip out, this is normal. Wait just a few seconds and you'll see it say "CleanUp". The server opens up to a completely empty "Lobby" after this! That's 24 spots and one has your name on it! You will need to join sometime around "CleanUp" to anticipate it opening into "Lobby". If you get into it, you haven't secured that spot forever. To stay in without getting kicked by a donator, you will need to have been one of the first people to join. Unfortunately, sitting in the game and fretting about whether or not you'll get to play that game is just part of the experience. If the game loads up a map and you spawn on a pedestal, you made it!!! Congrats!! Have fun and may the odds forever be in your favor ;)

If this seems to have no avail, donating is always an option. It helps the servers out and secures you a spot any time you want it. If you ever have a question past this that you need help with, just message me privately so that we have less of these "I can't join servers" threads and posts. I will try to respond immediately but the key in all of this is being patient.
If you see anyone in need of assistance in joining a server, just link them this.
Thank you!

hwracer

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Ahum, sorry to burst your bubble, but there are already a few threads which explain how to :/

Eskild

Quantum
Reaction score
where is the add server button
You go on "Multiplayer", yea. go there, and in the bottom right, above "Cancel", you can see "Add Server"

The reason why I'm not locking this for necro, is because this is a Guide, and that comment was on-topic, and people might get the help they need because of this thread

Sliabh

Career
Reaction score
You go on "Multiplayer", yea. go there, and in the bottom right, above "Cancel", you can see "Add Server"

The reason why I'm not locking this for necro, is because this is a Guide, and that comment was on-topic, and people might get the help they need because of this thread
Theng u , i was scard he wasnt gona b able 2 repli

Eskild

Quantum
Reaction score
This doesn't work! :( im sorry, im new.
So i typed in http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/servers/au38.mcsg.in
then it comes up with the same page http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/servers ! :/
I am really confused 0.o i cant even click the green server things
Alright, first off you need a minecraft premium user. If you do so, you go in to minecraft, go on Multiplayer, and then "Add server" or "Direct Connect", depends if you want to save the server on your servers.dat file.
The easiest is to go on the hub (depends in which region you live). There're eu.mcgamer.net (Europe), us.mcgamer.net (United States), ca.mcgamer.net (Canada) and au.mcgamer.net (Australia).

If you do not have a minecraft premium user, however, you need to buy one here: https://minecraft.net/store/minecraft

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci