• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

How to join/create an MCGamer/MCSG Maker game.

HomeGoods

Career
Reaction score
Hello everybody! I currently get lots of questions on how to join/create a MCGamer/MCSG Maker game.

Here's how you do it:

Step 1: Log onto the server
Step 2: Make sure you're in a hub
Step 3: Go to the sign wall, that is under this place. > click anywhere on me to see a screenshot <
Step 4: Go here (see screenshot) [now follow step 5] > click here to see a screenshot of where you should be <
Step 5: Now you have to right click that sign (as seen in the last screenshot) and you want to click the diamond
Step 6: Now you're in a custom game! You can now right click the nether star and configure the server!

Another way to join/create a custom game:

Step 1: Right click your gold bar in your hotbar
Step 2: Left click the piston
Step 3: Click the diamond, hovering over the diamond will also show you your games remaining today and this hour
Step 4: Go into a game! :)

Tip: If you make it a private/whitelisted game, you have to do /invite <playername> to invite players!

Here is the ranking and how much games they can make a day:

• Gold: 1 game per hour, with a limit of 5 games per day
  • Diamond: 2 games per hour, with a limit of 10 games per day
  • Platinum: 3 games per hour, with a limit of 20 games per day
  • Quantum: 4 games per hour, with no limit on the number of games per day
  • VIP: 4 games per hour, with no limit on the number of games per day
  • Map-Maker: 4 games per hour, with no limit on the number of games per day
you can also use your credits to purchase additional games per hour!

Common Questions that are answered (some of them) in this guide and that will be answered here:

#1: Who can create custom games?
#1a: Only premium members currently. Above this section you will find their games per hour and per day.

#2: I have a custom game, it's whitelisted, how do I invite players?
#2a: You can /invite <playername> and then they can do /join sg <the number you're in>

#3: How do I start the game?
#3a: You can right click the nether star and click the fireworks. This will start the game, counting down in the lobby from 15 seconds.

#4: How do I make my game public so that anyone can join?
#4a: Use the nether star in your hotbar, and go to the "Privacy" menu. (Update: There's currently a known bug where some public games won't appear in the MCSG Maker section in the hub; it's being worked on.)

#5: Do MCSG Maker games count towards my stats?
#5a: No, they do not. They are considered "unranked".

#6: What are mutators?
#6a: Mutators are settings configurable by the host (the player who started the custom server, and the player who holds the nether star) that can change how the game works. We have a small set of mutators available right now, but more will become available as time goes on.

#7: Will there be teamspeak channels for this gamemode?
#7a: As of now, no. There will be no teamspeak channels for this gamemode. It will make the teamspeak a little messier and it is not needed.

UPDATES (12/30/15): (courtesy of Ava)
  • Hub: Change colors on MCSG Maker start sign for easier readability
  • MCSG Maker: Fix an issue with the "Grace Period" mutator where chests would refill at the end of the grace period
  • MCSG Maker: Add active mutator list to /info
  • MCSG Maker: Prevent a game from starting with less than 2 players
  • MCSG Maker: The "Manage Server" menu is now automatically closed when "Start Game" is clicked
  • Chat: Improve filtering
UPDATES (1/22/16)
These updates came out around 1-2 weeks ago, but I forgot to add them to my thread. All descriptions for new mutators will be added at the end of the list!
  • New Mutators: Chest Tiering (new options; inverted, randomized); Deathmatch Threshold; Sponsor Toggle (enabled, disabled), Bounty Toggle (enabled, disabled), Force Disguises; Points Gain/Loss; Experience Bounty
Description For New Mutators:
  • Chest Tiering: Inverted; You can change all tier ones to tier twos and all tier twos to all tier ones. Randomized; It will randomize the chest tiering.
  • Deathmatch Threshold: How many players deathmatch will start at. You can disable deathmatch, and make it so deathmatch only starts when the timer runs out.
  • Sponsor Toggle: Enable/Disable sponsoring.
  • Bounty Toggle: Enable/Disable bountying.
  • Force Disguises: Force all ranks that have the ability to do so to /disguise (/d).
  • Points Gain/Loss: Enable/Disable if you gain points from kills.
  • Experience Bounty: Enable/Disable when you kill someone you gain one level.
UPDATES (Updates happened a while ago, finally updating the thread)
Mutators:

Game Length- Changes the length of the game
Natural Regeneration- ON: Regular eating is on ; OFF: You need to eat golden apples to regen
Max Health- Changes the health for every player
Itemized Flowers: ON: You can choose tiering for breaking flowers, it will drop the tier items you choose when you break the flowers ; OFF: No effect on flowers
No Hit Delay- Enable/Disable Hit Delay
Exclusive Combat- Enable/Disable Exclusive Combat
Knockback- Enable/Disable Knockback
Start Time- Changes the time of day the game starts
New Gamemodes For Maker:
UHCSG Maker Game
Skywars Maker Game
These new gamemodes should still have the same exact thing as SG Maker. Same mutators, same answers for questions, etc.

I hope this guide helped you!

Here is a link to the original post by Chadthedj:
> click anywhere on me to go to the original post <

If you have any questions about this new gamemode, feel free to DM me and I will answer to the best of my ability.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci