• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

How to Start Playing Tekkit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amzela

Platinum
Reaction score
Hey guys. As you probably know, the Tekkit server is up! But Tekkit is a complicated mod and the tekkit wikia found here can be a little confusing and the Tekkit School is not ready to use. So here's a basic guide to how to get started on tekkit:
1. Get a house. You start with basic stone tools, right? So whack some trees, dig some dirt, mine some stone and any ore that you can find that is possible to mine with stone tools until you get better ones. There are plenty of cities that you can warp too where you can build a house at or just type /spawn and walk. Make a house, get a furnace or two, and a crafting table. Make sure you have plenty of room to put your stuff in.
2. Get some rubber. You can make a treetap like this:

to get some yellow globs off of strange looking trees with pointy leaf tops. Smelt those to get some rubber and throw it in a chest.
3. Go out and mine anything you find again.
-is copper. Mine a lot of it. Easy to find. Easy to mine.
-is tin. Treat it the same as bronze and mine it.

Mine lots of coal, redstone, iron, and about every ore you can find. If you can get a diamond or so, great!
4. If you go into your inventory screen, a bunch of stuff should show up, including items and stuff. Go to the button options on the bottom left corner and change it from cheat mode to recipe mode. Now you can see all the recipes for any item you search up in that black search bar in the bottom of the screen just by clicking on items.
5. Make a generator and a macerator.
Generator:

Macerator:

By macerating ores, you get two dust and can double your ore output. But macerators must be powered by a power source, like your generator. Eventually, you want to make wind panels or solar panels so your generator can run on renewable energy instead of just coal. Beware: you have to make a wrench to move the machines. There are two types of wrenches.
6. To store energy, make a batbox like this:

Then hook it up to any power source with your wires. You can use stored power from it on the by hooking up wires to the 3 dot side.
7. Memorize the recipes for machine blocks and electric circuits and cables. They are very useful. Make as many machines and armor as you like using the recipes found in your toomanyitems, mine, and craft. Eventually, you'll need to go to the nether too. Now you can play tekkit!
Basic techniques you'll use alot:
-Mine all the time!
-Refined iron is resmelted iron bars.

-Copper Cable:

-Rubber: Smelted sticky resin (yellow globs)
-Machine Block:

Notice: Most of the Equivalent Exchange mod is gone in our servers.
You can continue to go down the industrial craft mod, or there's other mods usable like redpower which you can find info by searching the wikias below.

More information found:
Video Tutorial
Tekkit Wikia
Technic Wikia
Redpower

James.D

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I scrolled down, was like "Yay a picture to help make stuff, oh more words D: "

Should add more recipe pictures :p

James.D

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
That would be useful. XD
You could also add this:

If you go into your inventory and find an item with the block list to the right you can hover your mouse on it and press R, this will show you recipes.

ShadowZenoX

Survivor
Reaction score
You dont really need to start on making machines ive been playing for 2 days and i dont have machines xD

Amzela

Platinum
Reaction score
You could also add this:

If you go into your inventory and find an item with the block list to the right you can hover your mouse on it and press R, this will show you recipes.
That's the point in recipe mode. You click on it. It shows you recipes. Bingo.

Ikubi

Career
Reaction score
Thats copper, not bronze. Bronze is made by macerating 3 copper ore and 1 tin ore and putting them into a crafting bench which will result in bronze dust that has to be smelted to create bronze ingots.

Hystericallify

District 13
Reaction score
I don't start with IC2 machines, I have fun with RedPower2 Machines in making several contraptions like a Cobblegen or even make some Coal Coke contraptions. Why? IC2 is always the first in Tekkit, I try not to.

Vaangel

District 13
Reaction score
Do anyone of you have the Sphax texture pack to Tekkit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci