• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Guide [How To] Use Gravatar

Did this guide work?

• Yes

Votes: 33 82.5%
  • No

Votes: 7 17.5%

• Total voters

JennoKoala

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Let's face it, we all get frustrated when the forums are buggy.

What's even more frustrating is when you find the most amazing picture ever and you want to show it off to the forum community, but, it doesn't allow you. However, with a little bit of support, and a step by step guide on how to use Gravatar, you should be able to set your amazing picture in no time.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Gravatar is a service for providing globally unique avatars which was created by Tom Preston-Werner.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

The Guide
First of all you'll have to head over to the Gravatar website [FOUND HERE]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After reaching the official website, you'll see this screen:

What you need to do is click 'Create Your Own Gravatar'
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You will be transferred to this page:

Now with a little bit of logic and brain power you should be able to fill the fields in and create your account.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After you have pressed the 'Sign up -->' button you will be moved to this page:

Now, some of the fields should already be filled in. If not, just fill them in again. And, once again, just simply press the 'Sign Up' button and you will be automatically moved to this page below:

We all know how to navigate to our emails and accept a confirmation email as you had to do that to sign into these forums. But, when you do eventually click the link in your email you will be linked to this page:

Now, this is the time where you 'Sign into Gravatar' and you do this by clicking the 'Sign in to Gravatar' button.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once you have clicked that button, you will be forwarded to a page which includes the following link:

CLICK THAT LINK!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
  • Now, I don't feel it is necessary to include pictures for the following steps as it is really self explanatory.​

• Once you have clicked that link you will be forwarded to this page [HERE]

• There will be 4 options; however, it is up to you on which one you should choose. In my opinion, most people will click the 'My computers hard drive' option as this is the easiest way to find the picture you are looking for.

• If you click the 'My computers hard drive' you will be asked to 'choose a file' so do so!

• Once you have chosen your amazing photo, click 'next'

• Now, you're the one who is in control of cropping your photo and scaling it on how you want it to look.

• You will have a 'large preview' and a 'small preview' to the right of your page. This shows you what your avatar will look like on all universal forums.

• Once you have carefully cropped and placed your photo in its desired place, go ahead and click 'Crop & Finish'

• You will then be asked to 'Choose a rating' and I strongly encourage you to make sure your avatar is 'Rated G' so click that one.

• Now, once that button is pressed you will be sent to 'Manage Gravatars' this page is useless and I think it is safe to close down all tabs/pages/links related to Gravatar.

• You want to head over to your own profile on THIS FORUM

• Once here, click on your current avatar.
  • This box should appear:

• Can you see the 'Gravatar email address'? If not, open your eyes!

• Simply type the email address connected to your Gravatar and press TEST

• A preview of your selected photo should appear and then you simply want to press 'Okay' and it should work.

I hope this guide works, I mean it's long winded but I got carried away with all the screenshots which in the end were probably not needed but I hopefully made it simpler for you to succeed in using Gravatar. Thank you for reading this guide and I really hope it works 100% if not, tell me where I mucked up.
    Have a Have a nice day.​

Last edited by a moderator:

JennoKoala

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Too many steps :p
I got carried away, but, maybe 'too many steps' will be a good thing :p

EDIT: Also, I guess the guide can be a back up as Gravatar makes it really simple to set up an avatar. However, if anyone gets stuck they can resort to this thread for a more thorough view on what to do.

BlueDoesMC99

Diamond
Reaction score

What's even more frustrating is when you find the most amazing picture ever and you want to show it off to the forum community, but, it doesn't allow you. However, with a little bit of support, and a step by step guide on how to use Gravatar, you should be able to set your amazing picture in no time.

Gravatar is a service for providing globally unique avatars which was created by Tom Preston-Werner.

The Guide

Now with a little bit of logic and brain power you should be able to fill the fields in and create your account.

Now, some of the fields should already be filled in. If not, just fill them in again. And, once again, just simply press the 'Sign Up' button and you will be automatically moved to this page below:

We all know how to navigate to our emails and accept a confirmation email as you had to do that to sign into these forums. But, when you do eventually click the link in your email you will be linked to this page:

Now, this is the time where you 'Sign into Gravatar' and you do this by clicking the 'Sign in to Gravatar' button.

Once you have clicked that button, you will be forwarded to a page which includes the following link:

CLICK THAT LINK!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
  • Now, I don't feel it is necessary to include pictures for the following steps as it is really self explanatory.​

• There will be 4 options; however, it is up to you on which one you should choose. In my opinion, most people will click the 'My computers hard drive' option as this is the easiest way to find the picture you are looking for.

• If you click the 'My computers hard drive' you will be asked to 'choose a file' so do so!

• Now, you're the one who is in control of cropping your photo and scaling it on how you want it to look.

• You will have a 'large preview' and a 'small preview' to the right of your page. This shows you what your avatar will look like on all universal forums.

• Once you have carefully cropped and placed your photo in its desired place, go ahead and click 'Crop & Finnish'

• You will then be asked to 'Choose a rating' and I strongly encourage you to make sure your avatar is 'Rated G' so click that one.

• Now, once that button is pressed you will be sent to 'Manage Gravatars' this page is useless and I think it is safe to close down all tabs/pages/links related to Gravatar.

• A preview of your selected photo should appear and then you simply want to press 'Okay' and it should work.

I hope this guide works, I mean it's long winded but I got carried away with all the screenshots which in the end were probably not needed but I hopefully made it simpler for you to succeed in using Gravatar. Thank you for reading this guide and I really hope it works 100% if not, tell me where I mucked up.
    Have a Have a nice day.​

Thanks man

Cartercraft99

Experienced
Reaction score
JennoKoala
I have a question. With Gravatar, is it possible to make it so this is the only website that I use Gravatar with, or will every website with my email address have my Gravatar picture?

Chris_9999_

Survivor
Reaction score
JennoKoala
I have a question. With Gravatar, is it possible to make it so this is the only website that I use Gravatar with, or will every website with my email address have my Gravatar picture?
I'm sure it will not appear on every website unless you select it yourself.

AnxiousTurtle

Diamond
Reaction score

The Guide

CLICK THAT LINK!

• Once you have carefully cropped and placed your photo in its desired place, go ahead and click 'Crop & Finnish'

Have a Have a nice day.​

Cleaveage though!

Zzzeeroo

Diamond
Reaction score
Not working for me :S I press test and nothing happens and yes I have the right email

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci