• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

How to Win in Deathmatch More Often

Do you like cheese?

• Total voters

Kminer56

Platinum
Reaction score
We've all hated that three man deathmatch at some point in our Minecraft career. At the end of the day, one of the three has to die first. You can't really have a proper 1v1 in a three man deathmatch, and sometimes you just end up getting killed by a team, just when you think your full iron, diamond sword is enough to secure a win.

In obsession over this, people fail to realize how interesting a three man FFA can be. If that doesn't convince you, here are my favorite ways of securing wins in the dreaded deathmatch.

"Cleaning Up" - Sounds simple, but isn't always a straight path to take. I recommend doing this when you have better gear, and/or a better sword, and/or more secondaries. The thing about this is, you'll rarely be able to simply wait for two players to fight it out, one emerging victorious with half a heart. They'll almost always catch on to what you're trying to do, and draw out the deathmatch or even team on you. The trick is to involve yourself in the fight, as much as you can without draining your secondaries or losing too much health. It's a very PvP based method, so the better you are a PvPer, the more likely this is to work out for you. Once some time has dwindled down and your enemies have weakened each other, you have the advantage, because they can no longer effectively run around and teamplay you. They'll get struck by lightning. You have to target one of the players and take him out quickly, with enough health remaining to deal with the other. I cannot go into more detail than that, because every situation will be different.

"Straight to the Point" - This method is a lot simpler, but still requires strategy and awareness. You essentially want to target and kill one of the two right of the bat, with enough time remaining that you can run and regen before fighting the other without getting struck by lightning. This is pretty much the only method you can use if you're really under geared. It also works out pretty well if you have a diamond or iron sword. Another thing that helps is to have a gapple or two. If you have more than one, you should pregap no matter what so that you are less likely to die in the first fight, and less likely to get killed while regening before the second fight. If you only have one, you have to make the decision: pregap, or find time to gap after the first fight to help you out in the second fight.

"2v1" - This method can be used if the two players are literally 2v1ing you, or if you have the secondaries and PvP ability to act as if they are 2v1ing you. What does that mean? Well, you pretty much have to act as if they are 2v1ing you. Shoot them, FnS them, do whatever it takes to get them low without getting low yourself, then use the sword and rod to finish them both off. I would say this requires the most PvP skill.

"Bacca Tem" - This method is the simplest and easiest, though the least honorable. Type the word "team" in chat, and try to team with one of them so you can easily kill the one excluded from the team. Then, you can either backstab your teammate, or have a fair fight with him. I find this method quite pathetic, and most victims of the method would call you an asshole, but it's resourceful if you simply aren't good enough at the game to win on your own.

"Suicide" - Get one of your enemies to type /kill in chat, then take the 1v1, or get them both to type /kill. Okay, maybe this one is the simplest and easiest, but I don't think many of you will be in this situation. If you are, congrats!

I hope this thread helped some people out. If you feel that I missed anything, please reply and tell me what else I should add.

Omar

District 13
Reaction score
i just hide and wait for one of em to die lol

Ichengo

Survivor
Reaction score
I just wing it.
xD

should consider some of these tactics though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci