• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

I am disappointed...

Are you disappointed?

• Yes

Votes: 79 84.9%
  • No

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Maybe

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • I didn't read this thread

Votes: 8 8.6%

• Total voters

Giggity69Goo

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Ava - I know you already commented on this thread but I would love to hear a detailed explanation about what was going on leading up to your resignation. I feel like that would be some information everyone would like to hear about!

Decemberr

VIP (;
Reaction score
Ava - I know you already commented on this thread but I would love to hear a detailed explanation about what was going on leading up to your resignation. I feel like that would be some information everyone would like to hear about!
Not to steal Ava’s spotlight here, but that’s really nothing anyone should be concerned with. I’m quite positive everything Ava wanted to say was mentioned within her blog post. Dear Ava, please correct me on Slack if I’m wrong. ;-)

Giggity69Goo

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Not to steal Ava’s spotlight here, but that’s really nothing anyone should be concerned with. I’m quite positive everything Ava wanted to say was mentioned within his blog post. Dear Ava, please correct me on Slack if I’m wrong. ;-)
It's really a sense of curiousity. I'm not here saying "Oh you got some explainin to do here bud!11!1!!!1" Like I just wanna see his POV. And does her blog explain all of it? I saw how long it was and then realized I had homework to do lmao

Decemberr

VIP (;
Reaction score
Hope for what? Hope that Chad raises the developers' pay to make them care again?
This has nothing to do with it, at all. Developers can only do so much, regardless of what their pay is.

I love MCSG and all, but it pains me that the server has been down for a week, and they haven't even updated the community. They could have at least made a thread on the "news" section or made a tweet on their twitter. However, they have said literally nothing and left everyone in the dark.. There is more but I feel like it's been said one million times already... (hackers and chad's inactivity). They really need to step up their game if they want to be a successful server...
There is no “they” in this case.

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
Not to steal Ava's spotlight here, but that’s really nothing anyone should be concerned with. I’m quite positive everything Ava wanted to say was mentioned within her blog post. Dear Ava, please correct me on Slack if I’m wrong. ;-)
I want to hear Ava's opinion about the Chad situation. She has been avoiding mentioning Chad in any sort of detail.

Giggums

District 13
Reaction score
It would be irresponsible of me to give much of an opinion on the matters at hand and of my superiors or any actions taken by other staff members, but I do want to say one thing. I know that these are dire times. I know that most of us are upset by the series of events. Things could have gone much better; there's no doubt about it. The truth of the matter is that the reasonings behind the server being down is actually much different that what I've seen anyone suspect.

I'm not sure when/if the servers will be coming back online. No one does. When I say no one, I mean no one. We will just have to see what happens. Until then, let's not create rumors. Let's not point fingers. Let's not make any more negativity than already exists. You all have the right to be angry. You all have the right to be disappointed. Several of you have stated that you have started to hate others and that you're shocked that some people don't hold this same hate. I want to say that this is... ridiculous. You hate someone, because they couldn't uphold a Minecraft server? I know that this place is important to all of us. I've been here over 4 years myself. I don't care if I've been here 100 years. There is no reason to hate anyone.

Someone wrote a very disgusting message on my wall yesterday. I made a comment regarding those that are in danger of this incoming hurricane along the southeastern coast of the United States. The one that has already ravaged Haiti and other Caribbean nations. An individual took this comment and used it as a way to complain about the network's state. How wrong it is to make such an action; to take advantage of those that may lose their lives. I've since DM'd this individual. I am waiting for a response and I would appreciate an apology on behalf of all those that have already suffered and will soon suffer. Now, that's the only one I've seen so drastic, but many people are taking this way out of hand. I know that people are upset, but there's no need for all of the drama. There are so many of you that tried to shame Kat for posting a positive message. Why? Why try to tear down someone else's hope? That's so childish. I'm not going to sugar coat that. Let someone else have their hope. Let them share it. Trying to take someone's hope away from them is no better than the people you're trying to shame for taking this server away from you.

I respect so highly all of your opinions and heart felt statements about the network. It's clear that you all love this place so much. It's very wonderful. Let's not disgrace its memory with such unbecoming attitudes and statements. To those of you that have handled this matter respectfully and maturely, I thank you. It means a lot to the staff team. I hope that everyone can find some solace during this time with the realization that so many of you are coming together to make such a valid statement. It shows what this community has built out of nothing over the past 4 years. Hope is fleeting, but the love is not.

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
I disagreed with the way certain situations were handled internally and publicly, and I knew I had no chance of changing it, so I left. I didn't really feel that a formal resignation post was necessary, given the timing.

I would say so much more, but there's only so much I can say without breaking contracts, so I won't.

Preston417

Career
Reaction score
but there's only so much I can say without breaking contracts, so I won't.
Not trying to be rude or anything, but how are your contracts still in effect? NDA's and whatnot all have signing expiration dates.

PaulBlart

Survivor
Reaction score
It would be irresponsible of me to give much of an opinion on the matters at hand and of my superiors or any actions taken by other staff members, but I do want to say one thing. I know that these are dire times. I know that most of us are upset by the series of events. Things could have gone much better; there's no doubt about it. The truth of the matter is that the reasonings behind the server being down is actually much different that what I've seen anyone suspect.

I'm not sure when/if the servers will be coming back online. No one does. When I say no one, I mean no one. We will just have to see what happens. Until then, let's not create rumors. Let's not point fingers. Let's not make any more negativity than already exists. You all have the right to be angry. You all have the right to be disappointed. Several of you have stated that you have started to hate others and that you're shocked that some people don't hold this same hate. I want to say that this is... ridiculous. You hate someone, because they couldn't uphold a Minecraft server? I know that this place is important to all of us. I've been here over 4 years myself. I don't care if I've been here 100 years. There is no reason to hate anyone.

Someone wrote a very disgusting message on my wall yesterday. I made a comment regarding those that are in danger of this incoming hurricane along the southeastern coast of the United States. The one that has already ravaged Haiti and other Caribbean nations. An individual took this comment and used it as a way to complain about the network's state. How wrong it is to make such an action; to take advantage of those that may lose their lives. I've since DM'd this individual. I am waiting for a response and I would appreciate an apology on behalf of all those that have already suffered and will soon suffer. Now, that's the only one I've seen so drastic, but many people are taking this way out of hand. I know that people are upset, but there's no need for all of the drama. There are so many of you that tried to shame Kat for posting a positive message. Why? Why try to tear down someone else's hope? That's so childish. I'm not going to sugar coat that. Let someone else have their hope. Let them share it. Trying to take someone's hope away from them is no better than the people you're trying to shame for taking this server away from you.

I respect so highly all of your opinions and heart felt statements about the network. It's clear that you all love this place so much. It's very wonderful. Let's not disgrace its memory with such unbecoming attitudes and statements. To those of you that have handled this matter respectfully and maturely, I thank you. It means a lot to the staff team. I hope that everyone can find some solace during this time with the realization that so many of you are coming together to make such a valid statement. It shows what this community has built out of nothing over the past 4 years. Hope is fleeting, but the love is not.
Sorry mate, but saying that there is no need to be optimistic in this situation (being optimistic hasn't worked for the past year +, why would it now) is not 'shaming'. Its not 'mocking'.

Its not getting better- ok, cool, no need to sing Kumbaya and hope it does. Simple as that.

You say it is childish to tell someone its not worth the effort (really, its not), yet the only one being childish is you, by beating a dead horse. If you don't agree, kcool, but you're one of the like, 10 people that are mostly staff may I say (wow, I guess in that respect nothing has changed either) that share the opinion.

Giggums

District 13
Reaction score
Sorry mate, but saying that there is no need to be optimistic in this situation (being optimistic hasn't worked for the past year +, why would it now) is not 'shaming'. Its not 'mocking'.

Its not getting better- ok, cool, no need to sing Kumbaya and hope it does. Simple as that.

You say it is childish to tell someone its not worth the effort (really, its not), yet the only one being childish is you, by beating a dead horse. If you don't agree, kcool, but you're one of the like, 10 people that are mostly staff may I say (wow, I guess in that respect nothing has changed either) that share the opinion.
I'm sorry that you're such a negative person. I hope that you can start becoming more positive as time moves on.

PaulBlart

Survivor
Reaction score
I'm sorry that you're such a negative person. I hope that you can start becoming more positive as time moves on.
Saying that i'm negative because of what I said is like this:

Me: 'I'm white'
You: 'You're such a racist person'

No. Its called stating the facts. Theres nothing offensive, or negative in telling someone to stop beating a dead horse, just like there is nothing racist by pointing out plain and simple facts in a non-offensive way.

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
Not trying to be rude or anything, but how are your contracts still in effect? NDA's and whatnot all have signing expiration dates.
If you want to be technical about it, yes, my NDA expired when I quit, which means I'm technically free to say whatever I want. That doesn't change the fact that I don't particularly want to say much more at this point in time. Maybe another time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci