• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Ideas for the Second Map...

Do you agree with what I suggest?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mesohungry

Spectator
Reaction score
Many, many, many people have been complaining about the second map. It is very fun, yes, but I want to try to help it be even more fun and fair. Currently, there are basically two ways to win. 1. Run for the middle of the Cornucopia and get lucky with your first chest. 2. Run to the village and fight off the 6-8 others with the same idea. Now, the village in itself is very unfair. It has around 6 chests in it's very small area, that are easily found and generally very good. After crossing the river at the end of the village, you go inside the vine-ridden obsidian building and take another. Then you head over to the church. 2 more chests. Then you make a ring around the arena, collecting 2-3 more. Now you have approximately 12 chestfulls of food, weapons, armor, and useful items. The careers, who have claimed the cornucopia for themselves, are also decked out. What about the more or less 20 others? Starving, hunted, and searching monster-packed skyscrapers for nonexistent or well-hidden chests. This creates a ridiculously unfair balance of power in which the first 60 seconds of the games determine who the winner will be.
I think that the chests around the village area should be spread around so that others can get some decent loot as well. I'd like all mobs to be despawned at the start of every game. Also, something, maybe a trap or secret epic loot chest that's very hard to reach, should be implemented so that even the careers have something to worry about.
Our games are very awesome, yes, but they can be improved. Thanks for taking the time to read and please give me some feedback!

RyanMills

Tribute
Reaction score
I completely agree with everything you've said. I tend to avoid the tall buildings now because they are just too risky. I used to climb floor after floor covered in mobs only to find one chest at the top. Then you have to find a way down before you starve to death.

The_Great_Tito

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Well while I agree with the village having a crap-ton of chests. It's not the ONLY area like that. The industrial (with the powerplant ETC) Has a good amount of chests as well. Maybe more people run to the village because its closer. But there are other small bundles of chests spread out as well. Giving a more or less fair opportunity to all.

Although some people know more chest locations then others.

Hamhams110

Tribute
Reaction score
No.
Lets keep in mind one thing, there is no such thing as fair in the hunger games. Its either you survive or you die, period. Now the second one actually has the exact same layout as the first one. If you study the map closer, there is one side with MANY chests, one with very few, and some with none at all.
houses and Obsidian stucture = Boat and castle structures
The boat has the same amount of chests as the whole village combined! there are six chests in the village as far as I have seen and there are six in the boat as well. (Not counting the hidden cave). The obsidian side has around 3 chests nearby. Finally the buildings make up the side which has little to no chests. Actually there are a TON of chests in the buildings, you just have to know how to find them. Most are on first and top floors and stick out like sore thumbs! Really there is no excuse for a shortage of chests, there are way more chests on the second map than on the first and the trees around the corn hold a HUGE advantage, since sniping is way easier. I LOVE the second map since there are way more risks involved, including leaping on the sides of tall buildings! I see people whining about it but really all you have to do is form a plan of sorts as where you want to go, what you should do if that fails and what to do different next time.
Anyways that is all :D

RyanMills

Tribute
Reaction score
No.
Lets keep in mind one thing, there is no such thing as fair in the hunger games. Its either you survive or you die, period. Now the second one actually has the exact same layout as the first one. If you study the map closer, there is one side with MANY chests, one with very few, and some with none at all.
houses and Obsidian stucture = Boat and castle structures
The boat has the same amount of chests as the whole village combined! there are six chests in the village as far as I have seen and there are six in the boat as well. (Not counting the hidden cave). The obsidian side has around 3 chests nearby. Finally the buildings make up the side which has little to no chests. Actually there are a TON of chests in the buildings, you just have to know how to find them. Most are on first and top floors and stick out like sore thumbs! Really there is no excuse for a shortage of chests, there are way more chests on the second map than on the first and the trees around the corn hold a HUGE advantage, since sniping is way easier. I LOVE the second map since there are way more risks involved, including leaping on the sides of tall buildings! I see people whining about it but really all you have to do is form a plan of sorts as where you want to go, what you should do if that fails and what to do different next time.
Anyways that is all :D
I understand where you're coming from but it makes no sense to have these tall amazing buildings with only one chest at the top. Yes, it's about trial and error but it's getting to point where no one bothers going up them. I think it would be a lot more interesting if people were racing to the top of dangerously tall buildings rather than racing to a village which is right next to the corn.

Hamhams110

Tribute
Reaction score
Racing to a building will be boring, we want kills and a quick match. Well non-donators do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci