• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Is Teaming Fair For Players Playing Solo?

Is Teaming Fair For The Others Playing Solo?

• Yes

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • No

Votes: 12 42.9%
  • To a certain extent

Votes: 11 39.3%

• Total voters

BigBananaMC

Diamond
Reaction score
Honestly, I don't think it is. I know, say what you want, but it's not fair for a player just starting to play on the MCSG servers to run into a team. It's also worse because of the stat reset, now people are starting to get bad stats because of all the teaming and hackers. So, I'm going to be completely honest here. But I think that if it's a game where all you need to do is click on people, and you need the training wheels, then you can team on another server. But that's just MY opinion, and I want to hear yours.

Last edited by a moderator:

DE5T1NY

Platinum
Reaction score
I agree. On AU teams are becoming a very big problem. Every game with more than 15 people I expect at least 4 teams of 2 and maybe one or 2 teams of 3-4. You may be like
"Everyone teams blah blah blah... " It's honestly been a while since I have teamed so... I honestly think it's sad when very good experienced players go in a team of 4 or 5 (An event that I see happening very often) and I really think that this issue has to be addressed. They really have to do something or else MCSG is gonna start losing a lot more players. How easy would it be for them to just implement Solo & Team sg??

TotalDramaTony

District 13
Reaction score
I think teaming does make it harder for solo players, and it makes not enjoyable to play. However, teaming and working with other players is the basis of how a lot of friendships started here on MCGamer. If teaming was not allowed, I would never have met some of the people I know now. It's a hidden staple of MCSG and so, as much as it can be annoying, I find it necessary, whether or not it's fair. Not everyone is bothered by their stats, a lot of people like to play to try, and to have fun, but for those who's stats bother them, I'm sorry, stat resets are always an option, but there is no real loop hole to avoid teaming.

BigBananaMC

Diamond
Reaction score
I agree. On AU teams are becoming a very big problem. Every game with more than 15 people I expect at least 4 teams of 2 and maybe one or 2 teams of 3-4. You may be like
"Everyone teams blah blah blah... " It's honestly been a while since I have teamed so... I honestly think it's sad when very good experienced players go in a team of 4 or 5 (An event that I see happening very often) and I really think that this issue has to be addressed. They really have to do something or else MCSG is gonna start losing a lot more players. How easy would it be for them to just implement Solo & Team sg??
Speaking of the 4 teams and the 5 teams, I just happened to run into a 2 4 teams in a row, one on SG Highway and the other on SG4.

BigBananaMC

Diamond
Reaction score
I think teaming does make it harder for solo players, and it makes not enjoyable to play. However, teaming and working with other players is the basis of how a lot of friendships started here on MCGamer. If teaming was not allowed, I would never have met some of the people I know now. It's a hidden staple of MCSG and so, as much as it can be annoying, I find it necessary, whether or not it's fair. Not everyone is bothered by their stats, a lot of people like to play to try, and to have fun, but for those who's stats bother them, I'm sorry, stat resets are always an option, but there is no real loop hole to avoid teaming.
Indeed. You do have a point, that teaming is how friendships are made, but even when I play with my friends, we truce and don't team (yes, the difference is the fact that you don't stick by each other and fight the same person.) And we don't 2v1 a person at DM.

But you have a point, teaming is a way to just have fun with your friends and really just play for fun.

Reaction score
Teaming may not be fair to others who are playing solo but the fact that you could still team if you wanted remains. There's pretty much nothing you can do about teaming & everyone is open to the strategy of teaming.

BigBananaMC

Diamond
Reaction score
But occasionally there is the nice team that doesn't 2v1 you at DM and lets you take the team in 1v1s. Like this team, you can tell they're just playing for fun. But you can also tell when one team is tryharding. Sadly, lots of teams end up boosting in DM. So I really just see both sides of the issues on whether it's fair or not, and I don't know which side to agree with, either No, or the Certain Extent.

Reaction score
Of course teaming would deem "unfair" to a solo player, but I don't think it's unfair over all. Many people have better skill, more secondaries, a better computer, better internet, and even hacks, whereas teaming is available to everyone.
I'm not hatin', just my onion

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
It might be a little unfair, but it's an option available to anyone. SG isn't really a 100% fair gamemode anyway, there are a lot of non-skill related variables that can provide advantages and disadvantages.

BigBananaMC

Diamond
Reaction score
Teaming may not be fair to others who are playing solo but the fact that you could still team if you wanted remains. There's pretty much nothing you can do about teaming & everyone is open to the strategy of teaming.
I don't believe there is any way to get around teaming, and it is a strategy, and I respect that, just it's a little bit annoying to play a variation of Last Man Standing, and yet to see that two people aren't fighting each other.

But I'm not sure how I feel about teaming with friends, but it's the randy teaming where you type "team team" in chat is what bothers me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci