• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Is winning the Survival Games a "Luck of the Draw"?

Saza

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
It would also have to depend on the chest route you're using and how well you know the map. I don't think winning is luck as you could get 2 diamonds and an iron chest plate at corn and be completely awful at pvp. It depends on the player's skill I guess.

Kezzer

District 13
Reaction score
A good player will usually win due to their pvp skills and knowledge of the map. Good players know how to escape if they know they stand no chance in a fight. If they get a sword they will usually hunt down players with armour and get geared.

TomoHD

Survivor
Reaction score
As I always say it's not
1) A good route
2) Good PvP skills
3) Lag on your side

It's about having good computer!!!

Jon | Lqzer

Platinum
Reaction score
I have won only 4 games, but each time I start out with crappy stuff. The key is to run off, get lucky with finding a stone sword, target people with armor and no weapons, then target people with better swords. That's how I got my wins: One of my wins I had a 12 person kill streak!:eek:

*edit- Chasing n00bs that have almost nothing helps if they are showing off their precious diamond! :D

ARB1T3R

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
If you asked me: 10% luck, 60% skill, 30% lag.
Lag is a factor because PVP kinda gets ruined by it. But even if you are faced with lag (like me) you can pull through it if you have the skillzz. You might think that you are good but there is always... *que lightning* NO CHEAT PLUS! to ruin your dreams of victory and fame :'( . Also you gotta know the maps. If you dont have a chest route then your game is probarbly just gonna be a small stroll followed by a savage beating.. :p

Just my opinion

2brostudio

Tribute
Reaction score
This is kinda the genereal impresion that guys get when they join a match halfway through. Truth is, I never go to corn at start, and I've managed to get 20+ victories and countless times to a close victory. It really depeneds on your knowledge of the map, how good you are in PvP, your internet, and most importantly, your chest route. The thing that I always laugh at is how hyped the corn and certain chest routes are (the village in SG2, the ship in SG1, etc.) when 9 times out of ten, you're going to be hurt and most likely die. Also with knowledge of the maps, it lessens the "guess" factor of your arguement.

ARB1T3R

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
This is kinda the genereal impresion that guys get when they join a match halfway through. Truth is, I never go to corn at start, and I've managed to get 20+ victories and countless times to a close victory. It really depeneds on your knowledge of the map, how good you are in PvP, your internet, and most importantly, your chest route. The thing that I always laugh at is how hyped the corn and certain chest routes are (the village in SG2, the ship in SG1, etc.) when 9 times out of ten, you're going to be hurt and most likely die. Also with knowledge of the maps, it lessens the "guess" factor of your arguement.
A tip from my buddies and me, ALWAYS GO TO CORN! it takes roughly 10 seconds and it could give you some decent stuff. Also, Pick the chest route that works for you. My bud jameslam always goes to the pirate ship on map 1 and the village on map 2 and he has around 80 wins. The way he pulls it off is that he knows ways of getting the advantage over everyone else in those places, A.K.A, he knows his routes. I agree with you, Knowing a chest route is a game factor.

Just my opinion again
Good luck ;)

2brostudio

Tribute
Reaction score
A tip from my buddies and me, ALWAYS GO TO CORN! it takes roughly 10 seconds and it could give you some decent stuff. Also, Pick the chest route that works for you. My bud jameslam always goes to the pirate ship on map 1 and the village on map 2 and he has around 80 wins. The way he pulls it off is that he knows ways of getting the advantage over everyone else in those places, A.K.A, he knows his routes. I agree with you, Knowing a chest route is a game factor.

Just my opinion again
Good luck ;)
Lets agree to disagree :3
On the off-chance I play, if I'm actually able to join a match and not get kicked, I want to go the safest, but still as rewarding way as possible. This means no corn at start, no high traffic areas either, because I always find that with me, there always is someone better equiped when I do so, which oftentimes means a dead me.

ARB1T3R

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Lets agree to disagree :3
On the off-chance I play, if I'm actually able to join a match and not get kicked, I want to go the safest, but still as rewarding way as possible. This means no corn at start, no high traffic areas either, because I always find that with me, there always is someone better equiped when I do so, which oftentimes means a dead me.
i think its best to go to where the good chests are because then you can get set for the rest of the match. if you just get teir 1 chests then you dont have a hope of winning. What i have is a really good chest route, and if people follow the same one i just skip certain chests. Then later on i kill them and get all the stuff they 'stole' from my chests.

ThisJKid

Diamond
Reaction score
If a group of experienced players all played together in a server, it would be 25% luck and 75% skill (knowing how to pvp, knowing where chests are, actually getting good things from chests).

If a group of inexperienced players all played together, it would be 50/50 as they wouldn't know where great chests are and may not be good at pvp. This means that just getting a sword would be extremely boosting.

I've won rounds by starting off with nothing, finding a fishing rod and hitting looted up people off of the trees in Breeze. It matters.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci