• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Is winning the Survival Games a "Luck of the Draw"?

TaiserRY

Career
Reaction score
Generally that factor is unchangable.
Remember, sometimes brains beats brute. i've climbed buildings then waited for them to get to the top and hit them off, or ran over traps etc..

If a group of experienced players all played together in a server, it would be 25% luck and 75% skill (knowing how to pvp, knowing where chests are, actually getting good things from chests).

If a group of inexperienced players all played together, it would be 50/50 as they wouldn't know where great chests are and may not be good at pvp. This means that just getting a sword would be extremely boosting.

I've won rounds by starting off with nothing, finding a fishing rod and hitting looted up people off of the trees in Breeze. It matters.
I have a friend i normally team with (Luissocorro) and we know each others routes (We worked on them together and making meeting points) so being partners with someone who knows you well also helps. with other players randomly teaming, you spend too long chatting saying where we're going where as with me and him, we can just meet at certain points and ask for items from each other. also he knows i'm better with a bow so he normally takes the front while i help from behind. it helps alot teaming with someone who you know better then when teaming with a random player. thats just my example of what you said :D

BlueHeron

District 13
Reaction score
People think a stone sword is BAWS at corn and they'll immediately win. Then they'll spend the day chasing noobs for armor, and when re fill comes, all they have is a stone sword and some armor, looking down on the stacked guy with good armor and an iron sword.
A sword at corn is an advantage, not a weapon for the entire game.

Jordanchohat

Tribute
Reaction score
Well, maybe not luck of the draw. More like luck of the CHEST.

I find that the people who get good gear at the beginning will win. Rarely do you see someone (Or do you) get nothing off the start and then come back and win.

I think that it really is up to whats in the chests.

Opinions?

SliceofBread123 (Msg me for Clan)
Nope, Teams always win

CrimsonRed

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I've won the survival games before when I got food at the cornucopia.

It isn't really luck, it's more of how you play your cards. Skill and strategy play major factors in it, not just luck. I've killed this guy who had maybe just as good armor as me (iron except for chainmail pants) and I killed him using only a bow and maybe 2 hits with a sword.

Skill and strategy mate.

Rebound4

Career
Reaction score
75% Luck of Chests - I had a ten chest route and got 2 bits of leather and a wooden sword D:
10% Skill - Noobs never win :p
4% Lag - You have to be able to HIT them!
1%Luck in PvP - I was down to 3 hearts after killing a guy with full iron and diamond sword and person with full leather just taps me and I die :p But that dosn't usually happen at all.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci