• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Is winning the Survival Games a "Luck of the Draw"?

BritishShoop

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
On the maps of a good size like SG1, SG2. SG3, Hungry Hills etc. There is a survival element to them, you can escape, evade or juke people, If you get bad luck in the chests, there are still options. However on the smaller, flat, open maps *cough Breezeisland *cough SG4 *cough there is no way to do these things so its a case of, you get stuff, you stay alive, you don't, you die. There is no way to actually escape someone on SG4, the map is basically a plains biome with a few buildings on. If you can get a sword or axe and a piece or two of armour, you have a chance, if you dont find those or don't get a weapon, you're buggered.

Eskild

Quantum
Reaction score
Once.. I started the game to only manage to Get wood axe, and leather helmet. Later In the game, I killed a 2 man team who had one leather armour piece each. Well... I went for refill, and I got surprised when no one was there. I got full iron and dia sword there and I won the game.
P.S.: This was on breeze :p

fushi

District 13
Reaction score
This is ten percent luck, twenty percent skill, fifteen percent concentrated power of wil. Five percent pleasure, fifty percent pain, and a hundred percent reason to remember the name :p

I_Am_Fire

Tribute
Reaction score
This is ten percent luck, twenty percent skillFifteen percent concentrated power of willFive percent pleasure, fifty percent painAnd a hundred percent reason to remember the name
I was literally just about to post this.

Infal

Platinum
Reaction score
By "Good gear" I meant more of a weapon, not so much armor. Look at it like this:
Guy w/ stone sword and no armor vs guy w/ stone axe and a gold chestplate and iron boots. Who wins?

My moneys on the guy with the stone sword.
Yes, but when you have a diamond sword and no armor, facing up against a guy with a stone axe and full iron, it's an even match because his armor is decreasing the amount of damage you do down to 2 hearts and his axe does two hearts. Armor can decide everything when it comes to 1v1.

LegendofCharks

Experienced
Reaction score
I argue that winning is 50% chest randomization, 25% Skill (pvp and/or other), 25% ping.
And maybe an extra 10% afk players if you're lucky.

ScrewYouGumby2

Diamond
Reaction score
I argue that winning is 50% chest randomization, 25% Skill (pvp and/or other), 25% ping.
And maybe an extra 10% afk players if you're lucky.
Firstly, this is opinion based by me. And these are my personal thoughts.

You put too little emphasis on general game knowledge, 50% of it isn't the chests, if you don't know what you are doing then you simply won't win. I would say that game knowledge/PvP are worth at least 70%, since chest randomization doesn't matter if you aren't looting any chests.

LegendofCharks

Experienced
Reaction score
Firstly, this is opinion based by me. And these are my personal thoughts.

You put too little emphasis on general game knowledge, 50% of it isn't the chests, if you don't know what you are doing then you simply won't win. I would say that game knowledge/PvP are worth at least 70%, since chest randomization doesn't matter if you aren't looting any chests.
True. But then again, what if no one gets anything good from chests? Running around killing won't be any better.

Maybe 20% chests, 30% skill, 50% ping. I mean, if you can't even move properly, you might as well be saying, "I'm lagging; kill me!!"

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci