• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

It's out of control

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bunns

Platinum
Reaction score
Okay so I don't know about you guys but the new xime or whatever is out of control.

So just the other day my boy Trevor (spelly) was playing mcsg. He gets permbanned by some mod who claims he is right and knows what he's doing. The thing was... Trevor was recording and he has the video of him playing, and he's not hacking at al. He hasn't heard if he's unbanned yet but if the staff is this quick to act I don't feel safe playing anymore.

My friend rockyy_ who is playing with some friends is playing on mcsg the day it was lagging like 2 days ago. He's lagging and getting a solid 2 bar. He opens a chest and gets permbanned for a hacked client. WHAT. His dispute was upheld and now he can't play anymore. A close friend of mine is now gone. Thanks mcsg, it's like you want us to stop playing.

My friend west (xrevenged) got his account hacked and now he's permbanned. Mods didn't ip check him either. THIS IS 3 clan members.

These are two legit mcsg veterans, and who knows who else is going to get banned. I personally am afraid to play because of how rouge this is.

If any staff member looks at this please understand that we the people and clan members of mcsg don't want this to go on. This new xime is not always accurate so please, do something to fix it. I luv u rocky, u will be missed ;-;

AND IF ITS SO ACCURATE WHY DID IT TAKE A MONTH TO BAN KRANZO

Excuse the spelling on my phone.

Last edited:

Evermore

Career
Reaction score
MCSG's new aura detection relies on the age old spawning an entity around the player and seeing if the player hits it. This is not accurate at all. As Archybot, Badlion owner, so eloquently states about this method:

"It's not that stupid invisible entity bull*** that most anticheats use to detect kill aura as that's a ****ing joke method of doing it that can be bypassed by any hacked client with a brain and has more false positives then actual positives."

Any client with half-decent no cheat bypasses will bypass this check. For instance, many auras automatically turn off when in a chest, don't aim the full 360 degrees, don't target any newly spawned entities right away, etc.

Xime checks for aura by spawning an entity on top of the player when he/she opens a chest; if the player hits the entity enough time, Xime autobans him/her. The friend that the OP mentioned, if it is in fact a false positive, probably right clicked the chest (registered as opening server side, and Xime spawning the entity), and then started swinging because the chest wasn't opening client side due to lag.

Tdlr: Xime needs work, and false positives are very possible with its current checks.

Giggums

District 13
Reaction score
Hi Cookie! Love you. The developers are aware of the flaws. No detection system is 100% accurate. While they have worked countless months trying to meticulously craft a new system, nothing will be as precise as they would like it to be. Luckily, we do have our ban disputes. I understand that Trevor had submitted his and it will be looked at soon. Already, many of those that have been banned from the updated, automated system have been looked into. While I do not know if any have been unbanned since the release nor under what circumstances, it has been found that the ban can be triggered without hacking. Please, understand that no system is perfect. The bugs are being worked on and refined. In the mean time, we ask that you continue to appeal your ban if you feel as though it's unjust. If you would like, you can bring it to me personally. I'm not able to unban players, but I can take a look at the situation and help you. If there are any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to bring them to myself or another staff member. Thank you and have a nice day.

P.S. - I completely realize that this thread's purpose was not to flame, but rather to express grievance. However, I will be keeping a close eye on this thread as the topic and content could easily spur some members off the tract of civilized communication and venture into flame territory. Hopefully, that will not be an issue. If it is, it will be taken care of. Remember! If you see flame, DO NOT RESPOND TO IT. Instead, hit that report button. Quoting a message that may be deleted may also cause your message to be delete.

Bunns

Platinum
Reaction score
Hi Cookie! Love you. The developers are aware of the flaws. No detection system is 100% accurate. While they have worked countless months trying to meticulously craft a new system, nothing will be as precise as they would like it to be. Luckily, we do have our ban disputes. I understand that Trevor had submitted his and it will be looked at soon. Already, many of those that have been banned from the updated, automated system have been looked into. While I do not know if any have been unbanned since the release nod under what circumstances, it has been found that the ban can be triggered without hacking. Please, understand that no system is perfect. The bugs are being worked on and refined. In the mean time, we ask that you continue to appeal your ban if you feel as though it's unjust. If you would like, you can bring it to me personally. I'm not able to unban players, but I can take a look at the situation and help you. If there are any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to bring them to myself or another staff member. Thank you and have a nice day.

P.S. - I completely realize that this thread's purpose was not to flame, but rather to express grievance. However, I will be keeping a close eye on this thread as the topic and content could easily spur some members off the tract of civilized communication and venture into flame territory. Hopefully, that will not be an issue. If it is, it will be taken care of. Remember! If you see flame, DO NOT RESPOND TO IT. Instead, hit that report button. Quoting a message that may be deleted may also cause your message to be delete.
What about my friend rocky? He's like the nicest guy ever and seeing a guy like him go so stupidly gives me this feeling of not wanting to play. I've already been banned for a day. ;-;

And luv u too ;-------;

Mayra

Platinum
Reaction score
C
What about my friend rocky? He's like the nicest guy ever and seeing a guy like him go so stupidly gives me this feeling of not wanting to play. I've already been banned for a day. ;-;

And luv u too ;-------;
Cookie, we're on it.

Skill

Platinum
Reaction score

And luv u too ;-------;
He may be the nicest guy ever, but not saying he was hacking, you never know though. o.0

Giggums

District 13
Reaction score

And luv u too ;-------;
I'll have the Sr. Staff look into his case. I'm sorry this happened :/ I'll do everything I can.

Rockky

Platinum
Reaction score
He may be the nicest guy ever, but not saying he was hacking, you never know though. o.0
I'd never hack I love the server :p , im already bad at minecraft xD im normally dieing off spawn in scrims and just regular games ezpz Rocky ;~;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci