• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Kicked so a donor could play, eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drearz

Spectator
Reaction score
Note: Before deciding to lock this thread in a fit of TL;DR, I'm not complaining about donors at all; without them, servers wouldn't be up, and everyone loses.

It's a bit frustrating spending four hours trying to get onto a server, and constantly being kicked so donors can play, and many here seem to dismiss it as "Pay 10 bucks and stop whining." Some people, however, got Minecraft itself as a gift, and would be out of their minds asking to spend ten bucks on a 1 month VIP membership to a game. It's a bit unfair that donors get to kick users, and even more frustrating when you /aren't/ the last member to play, but four or five donors bring the server to capacity and another donor kicks you by logging in after them.

Connecting earlier? Well, some people, myself included, have terrible internet; the city here own all of the telecommunications, and we actually CANNOT buy any other provider. Such abuse by the company is only legal through loopholes.

Now I'm not saying remove donor perks at all, but if donors can kick members, calling the server "Free" is a misnomer. It's still about who has enough money to play. Other hunger games servers have overflow hosting for donors which prevent members from being kicked by allowing donors to play beyond the server limit. Another possibility is donor servers. I'm certain that dividing the number of donors you have by 48 still allows enough money to be made to host donor servers and keep the games running. Perhaps donors could start with an article of leather armor? It doesn't break the game, as it allows no quick attacking to the corn, but it gives them a slightly better chance.

Kicking members on the basis of money is wrong simply because it might not be an issue of /not wanting/ to donate. I personally don't mind being kicked, but it drives others mad. The only reason I haven't gotten a $50 donation membership is because I'm disappointed in the way perks are handled on these servers, and those that donate aren't helping by being satisfied in their ability to kick others.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
I agree with the idea of having a server only for donors, except it should be the opposite. A server where members can play without the worry of donors. Donors can still play there, they just don't have their kicking privileges on that 1-2 server(s). I know that a lot of people will want to play here, but I personally won't care. I'm sure many others won't care either. So it might help to do that.
Giving the donors a leather armour at the beginning is still unfair, because the people that get a sword in the cornucopia chests can just go find a donor and kill them to get an easy chest piece. I know they could go hunting someone with better armour, but it would be much easier to find because chances are they will probably have put it on at the start.

Drearz

Spectator
Reaction score
Odd, I'm sure I explicitly stated I don't want to remove the privileges entirely. In fact, I don't mind them at all. Kicking itself is just a broken one.

Dudeazombie

Spectator
Reaction score
the donor thing is broken. i was considering paying until i realised it was only a one month membership. that's INSANE. you know i could play runescape for a month with that, right? just make a private friggen surver for them. it's simple. just use an existing server.

Synchronization

Spectator
Reaction score
You're an idiot if you think that calling the servers free is a misnomer--they ARE free. You don't have to pay a cent to play, ergo, it's free. If there were a private server for donors, there would simply be no point in the privileges...servers would be full. Servers are already full almost constantly, and taking away servers to dedicate to donors would just make F2P servers even more full..

Dudeazombie

Spectator
Reaction score
yeah but i've never seen more then a few donors on at once. just one server, or two, and everything would be fine. it wouldn't change anything. the donors would no longer take up space in free to play servers.

Drearz

Spectator
Reaction score
You're an idiot if you think that calling the servers free is a misnomer--they ARE free. You don't have to pay a cent to play, ergo, it's free. If there were a private server for donors, there would simply be no point in the privileges...servers would be full. Servers are already full almost constantly, and taking away servers to dedicate to donors would just make F2P servers even more full..
But the very fact that you have a very real possibility of NOT PLAYING if you aren't a donor means that... Oh, what's this? It wouldn't be free? You can't donate hugs to the server, so it seems that there is some sort of monetary input to have a better chance at playing.

Synchronization

Spectator
Reaction score
But the very fact that you have a very real possibility of NOT PLAYING if you aren't a donor means that... Oh, what's this? It wouldn't be free? You can't donate hugs to the server, so it seems that there is some sort of monetary input to have a better chance at playing.
Do you not understand that if your idea were to take place, F2P servers would be just as full? Just because you don't get to play your first, second, or even third try doesn't negate the fact that the survival games are free to play.

mizu

Tribute
Reaction score
Odd, I'm sure I explicitly stated I don't want to remove the privileges entirely. In fact, I don't mind them at all. Kicking itself is just a broken one.
Odd, kicking IS the only donor privilege, not "privileges". You aren't making any sense.

Drearz

Spectator
Reaction score
Free to join, with a possibility of being free to play.
If anything, they are F2PDOtAoPPtCKY - Free to play depending on the amount of paid players that can kick you.

I'm not saying remove dedicated servers, but possibly open one or two private ones. And even if that isn't the case, have overflow possibilities such as in the other hunger games server - the server limit applies to free players, with donors being able to join even when that limit is reached. That's better than the current method of "Free to play" that discards its free status whenever someone that donated drops in and boots another player.

mizu

Tribute
Reaction score
Free to join, with a possibility of being free to play.
If anything, they are F2PDOtAoPPtCKY - Free to play depending on the amount of paid players that can kick you.

I'm not saying remove dedicated servers, but possibly open one or two private ones. And even if that isn't the case, have overflow possibilities such as in the other hunger games server - the server limit applies to free players, with donors being able to join even when that limit is reached. That's better than the current method of "Free to play" that discards its free status whenever someone that donated drops in and boots another player.
Opening more servers = more money, which means they need more donors. How else would they possibly get money to run the servers? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci