• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Living Differently

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
I've been living differently lately. In my head.

Every experience, every moment, how can I enjoy this when my life is so short? When everything is so transient? Oh, look at them having the time of the life. Too bad it's going to be over. And they're going to die. Doing anything in which you are consciously aware of the passing of time, is time wasted. Hours destroyed. Closer and closer to dying. Yesterday, I felt unfulfilled when I went to bed. Yesterday was not worth living. Many days are not worth living.

We prepare for the days we are the worst our whole lives. We study to get jobs, we get jobs to get money, we get money to save it, we save money for our retirement. The point of living has been vanquished by then essentially. No longer young and free, no longer do we live in a boundless world. Why would I want to live when my days are numbered more shortly than ever before? Isn't living with an especially acute sense of time passing not living at all?

Do our whole lives build up to that singular moment that makes everything else in our live worth it? Even if that moment is just as transient as everything else, but this time around, we can't tell. But we know the clock keeps ticking without us noticing. We know that the world keeps turning, people keep forgetting, remnants keep getting destroyed, when we're not there. When we're nothing but matter.

Our legacy could only survive for so long, until all traces of our existence have been vanquished. Some, those remnants stick around for longer than most people, but that doesn't quantify their immortality. Does living a good life means leaving the largest mark on society that we possibly can? Extending our reach as far as a singular human possibly could? To be remembered for the longest possible time? All the people that have died in our history and that have left legacies will have their legacies live far beyond their conscious lives. But eventually, even if it takes a googol years, there won't be anyone, or anything, to remember you.

Then how are some people content with the minimal mark they leave on the planet? Maybe two or three children, and the relation to some others...what could have influenced such a craving to make such a difference in the world? Is it because we don't want to be bound by our finite lifepsans? Even though we know that everything we can fathom is finite, and no longer how short or long that value may represent, everything is still infinitely shorter than infinity. Is it because we've invested so much of us to try and understand us, our surroundings, our home? Even though there are just some things we'll never understand because we are bound by how we exist. Maybe it's because how interconnected our whole world has become. With the birth of the internet, it has become easier than ever before to communicate with people from all across the globe. And maybe we want the limelight on ourselves because we are jealous when we see the limelight on others, for accomplishing the things that require the most minimal effort. Even just existing, and someone happening to take a picture of you at a store, can instantly make you a celebrity. And why is being a celebrity so appealing? Is it because we seek to find our fulfillment in the lives of others? When their lives are so consumed with you. Is it the sense of changing the lives of others? Shouldn't we be more concerned with our own fulfillment?

They say that the more you have and the more you see, the more you want. So shouldn't we be exposing ourselves to the least we could? And with such an interconnected world, this is more prominent than ever. From multi-millionaires becoming bankrupt, to others seeking fulfillment in the chemicals that allow them to feel differently. So do any of them really feel fulfilled anyway? Since they are always seeking for more than they have, or something that makes them feel different than they are, even though an average person is incredibly envious of them, and would think they would be completely sated with all the riches celebrities have, even though they won't. Eventually, they would get consumed in all the cash, and their incredible downwards spiral would commence sooner than anticipated.

That's another thing I don't understand. How our whole existence is dependent on intrinsically worthless paper (or plastic) we call money. Shouldn't it be a basic right that every human should get what they need to survive, regardless of how much of this they have? There are many other rights that have been created, and yet, the most fundamental of them all has been overlooked. We are allowed to marry people the same sex of us, we are allowed to own firearms in some places, we are allowed to receive an education, but we are only allowed to do so. There are minimal rights that state we must do something that, at least, is something as important as basic necessities. Some people say we overestimate how horrible our world is. I believe we greatly underestimate it, which brings up the question if we were supposed to turn our like this. If humans were supposed to discover electricity, if humans were greedy all along, if we were supposed to find ways of exploiting the materials we were presented with to create the fundamental system we all live upon. Were we supposed to turn out like this? Or did we end up like this by some accident that ordained us to such a wicked reality. A reality of lies, of concealing, of trying to superficially deceive and please the population. All in the name of the worthless paper I discussed earlier, in the hopes that this money will provide them with any sort of internal fulfillment. Which is not the case. We have all been so distraught from the path of living, we have all been so immersed, we have all been desiring all the wrong things. We have been searching for our fulfillment in all the wrong places. Then again, where is such a place in such an infinitely not infinite world?

What a wicked place we live in.

SnoopSean

Career
Reaction score
I think that being self aware of our whole purpose and point of life wasn't even intended to be necessary (obviously because we haven't inherited it yet) because when we try to understand something bigger than us, which we are trying to understand because we are self aware we reach a barrier of impass that stumps us for the rest of our lives while we are doing the things that nature told us to do.

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
I think that being self aware of our whole purpose and point of life wasn't even intended to be necessary (obviously because we haven't inherited it yet) because when we try to understand something bigger than us, which we are trying to understand because we are self aware we reach a barrier of impass that stumps us for the rest of our lives while we are doing the things that nature told us to do.
And who is to say whether or not it was necessary to be self aware of our purpose? Who's the one making all the rules? Maybe something happened that resulted in everything happening this way unintentionally, like an accident, as I also don't understand why we are self aware and why we search for answers we'll never find. It's really a thought to keep you up at night, and many a time I've resorted to religious beliefs to try and settle myself, but I am aware of the fact that it isn't the right thing for me to do...however, who is to say that they are any less right than people who don't believe in it? I mean, I know that we know a lot about ourselves, but there's so much that we don't know, and while there doesn't seem to be any evidence that the settings where religions take place are true, there also isn't much evidence to disprove them, since they aren't on Earth. Maybe humans were meant to turn out as ignorant beings, who built the foundations of their civilizations on the characters of the imagination to fulfill themselves.

Miner9823 just in case u thought this thread didn't exist anymore

SnoopSean

Career
Reaction score
And who is to say whether or not it was necessary to be self aware of our purpose? Who's the one making all the rules? Maybe something happened that resulted in everything happening this way unintentionally, like an accident, as I also don't understand why we are self aware and why we search for answers we'll never find. It's really a thought to keep you up at night, and many a time I've resorted to religious beliefs to try and settle myself, but I am aware of the fact that it isn't the right thing for me to do...however, who is to say that they are any less right than people who don't believe in it? I mean, I know that we know a lot about ourselves, but there's so much that we don't know, and while there doesn't seem to be any evidence that the settings where religions take place are true, there also isn't much evidence to disprove them, since they aren't on Earth. Maybe humans were meant to turn out as ignorant beings, who built the foundations of their civilizations on the characters of the imagination to fulfill themselves.

Miner9823 just in case u thought this thread didn't exist anymore
I think that it's just the natural selection making the rules of how ignorant we are. Like, having ourselves sit around and think all the time isn't exactly good for reproduction's sake, so, those who like to sit around and think, don't really pass on that pastime. Of course, anyone can sit around and think, but factors influence your thinking like how much focus you can attend to just thinking as well as what kind of thinker you are, creative, linear, or others. But I don't think we've necessarily become the dominant species just for our own pleasure, it's the fact that we thirst for more that we can't get and so we constantly attempt and fail and continue to make great things all the while not understanding how much effect that really helps on you getting closer to the 'truth', and it's really not much.

Berk

Platinum
Reaction score
the meaning of life is to eat or be eaten.

RathaYatra

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Yo wtf I'm not reading that whole thing but hey mamiamato24 how do it's been sometime bud

Pyr

Platinum
Reaction score
Fairly good point stated. I respect your opinion about this world!

Miner9823

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Mamiamato,

You don't know how glad I am to know that you have been having this thought too. Because whether you believe our existence may be fake or not, whether I am either some false illusion or non-existent text to you that you are well aware is something too trivial for you to read. Even if my thoughts for this would seem unnecessary to state, and that my joy for knowing someone is out there with a similar existential crisis, my purpose for this response is to let you know this...
You are not alone.

Our lives, as you have already mentioned, seem so insignificant. And of course, people will be having so much fun in their lives, whereas others will not. This is what makes our lives so unique, because every single individual will have their own experiences, their own stories to tell, and their own loves and hates to make. Every human being, whether it be real, or artificial, will always have something to say about the lives they have led up to at a certain point. Heck, being a procrastinator, and someone who wastes my time a lot doing little to contribute to whatever I am supposed to be doing myself, I can guarantee that even I have my portion of stories to tell. My own experiences to love and hate. But this is the one thing I noticed from you in this thread, Mamiamato, you mention about how time is wasted and so many hours are left unfulfilled.

It's the fear, the anxiety that time is running out in our lives that discourages us from fulfilling our goals. To achieve something we aspired for. Having been in this position myself, I can tell that it is true, and I empathize with you on how horrible it feels to know that nothing lasts forever, that we can't achieve everything, and that we can't fulfill the goals we want to be proud of ourselves of achieving. And that's okay. We have no idea on how long we live, and cannot accurately predict when we will die. Whether you have one hour left to live, or a hundred years to spare, we do not know. But we fear the counting days on when we would actually pass on. As every day inches closer to its end, our fear of death looms over us even more.

You noticed by how worthless your days felt for every time you had gone to bed. And you acknowledged by how a majority of these days are not even worth living. But what makes them not worth living? Because from what I can infer, someone as incredible like you can make a great influence on other people, even if it's just one person. And the days that are supposedly not "worth living" are not to be blamed. But it is the fact that we hadn't done something to actually make it worth living. Ultimately, no one is to blame, not even you, that some days have been so uneventful. And that's okay. But instead of letting the fear loom over you and burdening you with the time you have in the world, make use of it! Because as an individual, YOU control your OWN DESTINY. Whether you have a small amount of time in the world left to live, or a long life to live, you still have time. You still have the time to achieve the goals YOU want to do.

Even if there doesn't seem to be enough time to do certain things you may have wanted to do; the world is filled with so many opportunities. Although I do not know how your lifestyle is, I can hope to assume you're in a stable one in which opportunities are open for you. There are so many things to do, and never be afraid to do something! Because ultimately, doing something you love is probably one of the most fulfilling things in life you can do as a person. And not making a legacy for other people. Which is something I will get to shortly....

What makes these "legacies" so important? They may be because of how so many people aspire to be remembered by a large sum of people for the influence and impact they had in humanity. Countless individuals strive to carve a name for themselves while they are still young and alive so they can be remembered. However, the answer towards why I believe these legacies shouldn't really pose much significance lays in the inevitability of us being forgotten nevertheless, no matter what influence we make. And why must we be afraid of being a forgotten fragment of memories in life? What good will it be if you are remembered as a famous figure?

If otherwise, being remembered famously would most probably be something I'd prefer not happening most of the time, since a large majority of people will either remember you for something good, or many will learn of your flaws and exploit them. This is what makes these supposedly "insignificant" lives so magnificent. Because each and every one of them has their own experiences, their own story to tell, and their own people to love. And your life is for you to live, and nobody else's. How people remember you does not matter in the long run. But how much you loved your life, however, does. As well as how the birth of the internet has brought us a new insight of so many things, we call pictures of people in stores "talent" as well. As trivial as this concept sounds, in reality, it in fact shows how easy it is to actually make memories for ourselves instead. Knowing how fast our knowledge on the digital world is expanding, it is safe to say that even you yourself can make your own memories. You can find your own talents, and you can show the world what you are or what you aren't. Because in the end, their opinions of you, or whoever you may be may not always be necessary. Instead, it's how fulfilling you feel your life was.

It's completely okay if you still feel you hadn't fulfilled anything. And it's okay if you feel as if you still do not have much time left on your hands. But why should we be exposing ourselves to less and less? Yes, although we would want more of what we see, due to the things we have, but is it really not a good thing? Or is it perhaps due to the different perspectives we have of the "thing" we may refer to? Because defining it can determine the validity of this statement. And of course we should not expose ourselves to chemicals or drugs that may be considered detrimental to our well-being. But what about exposing ourselves to alternatives? What about knowledge? What about love? Or compassion and kindness? Would we want to forbid ourselves from that as well due to the fear of feeling as if your life has no meaning? If we learn more and more, then we should be striving to be the best individual we can be for OURSELVES. Not to be the best amongst other individuals. Because that would mean nothing but mere competition!

On the final paragraph you have produced in this very thread, I'd be so happy to agree with you. The fundamental things that everyone deserves is food, water, and some sort of life to live. A story to tell. And you are right, in this world, a majority of the planet you will find that we are only "allowed" or "permitted" these. They are not a right anymore. But instead, a privilege. I too, have wondered myself on why we solely rely on pieces of paper to claim these privileges. And so I realized, we hadn't always relied on a system like this. Instead, in the older eras, we relied on hard work and dedication to get ourselves through the night. But here is the catch, these time-periods don't always juxtapose one another. People to this day, still must work and contribute something to society to survive, even if it is through little income, or large incomes. The same may go for a pride of lions, or a tribe of people in the stone-age. However, why must some people like the Kardashians, who work effortlessly, earn much more than a war veteran who may have served their country? For two reasons in which I believe in. Corruption, and interest.

The stories of war veterans have so many different perspectives, insights, and opinions of what may go on. So many people have been affected by it, an army of individual soldiers, their opponents, and even civilians. And goodness knows how many stories, poems, novels, films, and documentaries waiting to be read and watched to this day. Whereas, the Kardashians probably only gained their fame because of their father being the lawyer of a supposed murder suspect, or that they seem to fuss over very trivial matters that don't have significance at all!
Fundamentally, the stories of war veterans and war victims is much more interesting than three sisters and their lattes. However, they gain more attention due to the public interest and the entertainment system. Additionally, several people earn so much money without adding effort to their work, like art! And that's money laundering (I still think it's money LAUNDRY! xD k. I'll stop.) And corruption. The previous two paragraphs will therefore prove my point on why the modern days and older days have similar systems. Because even in the old eras, we have stolen from one another, killed one another, hurt other people for our own gain. For survival. However, we now use a method of currency to generally prevent these occurrences from happening as often as they used to. And to this day, we still strive to work on finding even better alternatives. Communities help those in need, countries are in fact also taking in refugees to help them survive. Unlike the old days, in which we conflicted too often, we have in fact grown closer as humanity towards helping everyone survive. And we still try to do so today.

Furthermore, there isn't a set destiny for humans to discover things like electricity, or gas, or fuel. Yes, humans did, and still do exploit materials that are now considered as a necessity to this day, and with your questioning of humanity's desires, and your wonders of whether we were supposed to be wicked, mischievous, and deceptive as people, there is one thing that I must clarify... The world is not filled with deceptive people, not everything is evil stuffed in a sack of muscle, fat and skin. Instead, you have only questioned your view of the world. You have questioned your perception of humanity as a whole. I have once had these questions in my head as well. And I am more than glad to tell you that... Humanity is a wonderful thing, the world is filled with so much diversity, and through all these questions you have asked, my answer would be that there is so much to see out there. And I promise you, that you will meet people you will love, and have emotions for. You will definitely find things that influence you, and people will definitely find you influencing them. Because you most certainly have done so already! And lastly, there is no right and wrong place to find fulfillment in life. Because in the end, it's found everywhere, it really depends on not where you look. But where you WANT to look. And to find a place where it is infinitely finite, is within the body and mind. Your creativity. Your will. And your capability to grow.

Gosh... What a beautiful world we live in... :')

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
Mamiamato,

You don't know how glad I am to know that you have been having this thought too. Because whether you believe our existence may be fake or not, whether I am either some false illusion or non-existent text to you that you are well aware is something too trivial for you to read. Even if my thoughts for this would seem unnecessary to state, and that my joy for knowing someone is out there with a similar existential crisis, my purpose for this response is to let you know this...
You are not alone.

Our lives, as you have already mentioned, seem so insignificant. And of course, people will be having so much fun in their lives, whereas others will not. This is what makes our lives so unique, because every single individual will have their own experiences, their own stories to tell, and their own loves and hates to make. Every human being, whether it be real, or artificial, will always have something to say about the lives they have led up to at a certain point. Heck, being a procrastinator, and someone who wastes my time a lot doing little to contribute to whatever I am supposed to be doing myself, I can guarantee that even I have my portion of stories to tell. My own experiences to love and hate. But this is the one thing I noticed from you in this thread, Mamiamato, you mention about how time is wasted and so many hours are left unfulfilled.

It's the fear, the anxiety that time is running out in our lives that discourages us from fulfilling our goals. To achieve something we aspired for. Having been in this position myself, I can tell that it is true, and I empathize with you on how horrible it feels to know that nothing lasts forever, that we can't achieve everything, and that we can't fulfill the goals we want to be proud of ourselves of achieving. And that's okay. We have no idea on how long we live, and cannot accurately predict when we will die. Whether you have one hour left to live, or a hundred years to spare, we do not know. But we fear the counting days on when we would actually pass on. As every day inches closer to its end, our fear of death looms over us even more.

You noticed by how worthless your days felt for every time you had gone to bed. And you acknowledged by how a majority of these days are not even worth living. But what makes them not worth living? Because from what I can infer, someone as incredible like you can make a great influence on other people, even if it's just one person. And the days that are supposedly not "worth living" are not to be blamed. But it is the fact that we hadn't done something to actually make it worth living. Ultimately, no one is to blame, not even you, that some days have been so uneventful. And that's okay. But instead of letting the fear loom over you and burdening you with the time you have in the world, make use of it! Because as an individual, YOU control your OWN DESTINY. Whether you have a small amount of time in the world left to live, or a long life to live, you still have time. You still have the time to achieve the goals YOU want to do.

Even if there doesn't seem to be enough time to do certain things you may have wanted to do; the world is filled with so many opportunities. Although I do not know how your lifestyle is, I can hope to assume you're in a stable one in which opportunities are open for you. There are so many things to do, and never be afraid to do something! Because ultimately, doing something you love is probably one of the most fulfilling things in life you can do as a person. And not making a legacy for other people. Which is something I will get to shortly....

What makes these "legacies" so important? They may be because of how so many people aspire to be remembered by a large sum of people for the influence and impact they had in humanity. Countless individuals strive to carve a name for themselves while they are still young and alive so they can be remembered. However, the answer towards why I believe these legacies shouldn't really pose much significance lays in the inevitability of us being forgotten nevertheless, no matter what influence we make. And why must we be afraid of being a forgotten fragment of memories in life? What good will it be if you are remembered as a famous figure?

If otherwise, being remembered famously would most probably be something I'd prefer not happening most of the time, since a large majority of people will either remember you for something good, or many will learn of your flaws and exploit them. This is what makes these supposedly "insignificant" lives so magnificent. Because each and every one of them has their own experiences, their own story to tell, and their own people to love. And your life is for you to live, and nobody else's. How people remember you does not matter in the long run. But how much you loved your life, however, does. As well as how the birth of the internet has brought us a new insight of so many things, we call pictures of people in stores "talent" as well. As trivial as this concept sounds, in reality, it in fact shows how easy it is to actually make memories for ourselves instead. Knowing how fast our knowledge on the digital world is expanding, it is safe to say that even you yourself can make your own memories. You can find your own talents, and you can show the world what you are or what you aren't. Because in the end, their opinions of you, or whoever you may be may not always be necessary. Instead, it's how fulfilling you feel your life was.

It's completely okay if you still feel you hadn't fulfilled anything. And it's okay if you feel as if you still do not have much time left on your hands. But why should we be exposing ourselves to less and less? Yes, although we would want more of what we see, due to the things we have, but is it really not a good thing? Or is it perhaps due to the different perspectives we have of the "thing" we may refer to? Because defining it can determine the validity of this statement. And of course we should not expose ourselves to chemicals or drugs that may be considered detrimental to our well-being. But what about exposing ourselves to alternatives? What about knowledge? What about love? Or compassion and kindness? Would we want to forbid ourselves from that as well due to the fear of feeling as if your life has no meaning? If we learn more and more, then we should be striving to be the best individual we can be for OURSELVES. Not to be the best amongst other individuals. Because that would mean nothing but mere competition!

On the final paragraph you have produced in this very thread, I'd be so happy to agree with you. The fundamental things that everyone deserves is food, water, and some sort of life to live. A story to tell. And you are right, in this world, a majority of the planet you will find that we are only "allowed" or "permitted" these. They are not a right anymore. But instead, a privilege. I too, have wondered myself on why we solely rely on pieces of paper to claim these privileges. And so I realized, we hadn't always relied on a system like this. Instead, in the older eras, we relied on hard work and dedication to get ourselves through the night. But here is the catch, these time-periods don't always juxtapose one another. People to this day, still must work and contribute something to society to survive, even if it is through little income, or large incomes. The same may go for a pride of lions, or a tribe of people in the stone-age. However, why must some people like the Kardashians, who work effortlessly, earn much more than a war veteran who may have served their country? For two reasons in which I believe in. Corruption, and interest.

The stories of war veterans have so many different perspectives, insights, and opinions of what may go on. So many people have been affected by it, an army of individual soldiers, their opponents, and even civilians. And goodness knows how many stories, poems, novels, films, and documentaries waiting to be read and watched to this day. Whereas, the Kardashians probably only gained their fame because of their father being the lawyer of a supposed murder suspect, or that they seem to fuss over very trivial matters that don't have significance at all!
Fundamentally, the stories of war veterans and war victims is much more interesting than three sisters and their lattes. However, they gain more attention due to the public interest and the entertainment system. Additionally, several people earn so much money without adding effort to their work, like art! And that's money laundering (I still think it's money LAUNDRY! xD k. I'll stop.) And corruption. The previous two paragraphs will therefore prove my point on why the modern days and older days have similar systems. Because even in the old eras, we have stolen from one another, killed one another, hurt other people for our own gain. For survival. However, we now use a method of currency to generally prevent these occurrences from happening as often as they used to. And to this day, we still strive to work on finding even better alternatives. Communities help those in need, countries are in fact also taking in refugees to help them survive. Unlike the old days, in which we conflicted too often, we have in fact grown closer as humanity towards helping everyone survive. And we still try to do so today.

Furthermore, there isn't a set destiny for humans to discover things like electricity, or gas, or fuel. Yes, humans did, and still do exploit materials that are now considered as a necessity to this day, and with your questioning of humanity's desires, and your wonders of whether we were supposed to be wicked, mischievous, and deceptive as people, there is one thing that I must clarify... The world is not filled with deceptive people, not everything is evil stuffed in a sack of muscle, fat and skin. Instead, you have only questioned your view of the world. You have questioned your perception of humanity as a whole. I have once had these questions in my head as well. And I am more than glad to tell you that... Humanity is a wonderful thing, the world is filled with so much diversity, and through all these questions you have asked, my answer would be that there is so much to see out there. And I promise you, that you will meet people you will love, and have emotions for. You will definitely find things that influence you, and people will definitely find you influencing them. Because you most certainly have done so already! And lastly, there is no right and wrong place to find fulfillment in life. Because in the end, it's found everywhere, it really depends on not where you look. But where you WANT to look. And to find a place where it is infinitely finite, is within the body and mind. Your creativity. Your will. And your capability to grow.

Gosh... What a beautiful world we live in... :')
Thank you for answering.

I noticed a lot that you were saying how beautiful humanity and life is, and how we shouldn't be limiting ourselves because we don't feel fulfilled, but I can't help to think that this isn't the case. There's so much we're hidden from as a civilization, and the forecast would suggest that this is getting even worse. The electronics, clothes, etc. that we buy, are all coming from underpaid and overworked poor people working in unsavory factory conditions. The food we eat, genetically engineered in order to obtain desirable quantities. The preservatives, colors, enhancements to the food we eat were so foreign to us before the recent age of great discovery and progress. Nature being destroyed in order to expand urbanization. The internet has been both a blessing and a curse. Yes, we can communicate with people we would have never been able to otherwise, but it's been something our whole life surrounds, for many individuals at least. And it's something many individuals do instead of things that we should be doing because we can't help it. And the fate for many of us, in the hands of the government, imposing rules and making decisions asked by wealthy corporations. The drugs produced that are supposed to help us all really aren't doing so; they're making the government money, and that's all that matters to them. A cure for cancer is something that many people invest in because they believe in the cause or it's caused great harm to them or to the people they surround. But even if one was conceived (it even could have already), it would need to somehow make the government and large industries more money than chemotherapy/radiation/surgery/etc, the methods already in practice that have proved very lucrative because they only work sometimes. A drug that is much more guaranteed to work would need to be ludicrously expensive so that they don't lose money from all the people who won't have cancer anymore. It irritates me how we're made to believe our world is sunshine and daisies when there are many things that are inevitably molding us into the people we are and will be because they have more power than we do.

Not to say that there isn't beauty and fulfillment in the world entirely. Love, friendship, happiness, are all very achievable and very great things to have, but hearing about everything bad is what makes me very uneasy. And even so, another thing I argued was that since our lives are so short, I didn't know what the point of trying to fulfill ourselves if we're just going to inevitably die in a little under a century or so, if not sooner. And living forever is something just as terrifying. There's no way to win. And when we die, no matter if we leave a legacy or not, we're dead. Done. Whether we've served whatever purpose we had to serve, we're all gone. I suppose it's nonsensical to live a life in fear and despair, but the little time we are alive compared to the seemingly infinite span of the universe puts into question why we try so much. And even if we can be happy and feel great and maybe fulfill our desires, it's all going to be over eventually. It could even go as far to say that people who commit suicide aren't cowardly because they're taking the logical way of not having to deal with the idea of how insignificant us humans are in such a vast universe, and having to deal with that may as well not make life worth living.

You also mentioned how even in the past, without paper currency, people still worked hard in order to live the life they wanted to live. However, pursuing something you want to pursue can often times be extremely risky and your entire career could be decided or undecided by a little bit of luck. We always hear speeches about successful people and how they worked hard to get what they wanted, like celebrities and athletes, but we often forget to realize there are many many people that want to pursue careers in fields like these, and fail because the very nature of a career that relies on luck and chance exposure. We don't hear stories from people who had a dream but could never materialize it. We always hear from successful people that we should take risks to live the life we want to live, but do you think an unsuccessful person who did everything in his power correctly would tell you to take risks? Probably not. And I know not every career is like this. Not everyone wants a career around being famous, but many of the career ideas from people who have big dreams and want to be very successful often require a stroke of luck. Often times, working hard can make you a millionaire, but you'll probably be more likely to end up on the streets if you follow the advice of a very successful person. Money plays such a vital role in our lives, and it makes sense why people desire it very much and work hard so that they can obtain very much someday. And many people won't be satisfied taking the easy road; a stable career with a salary enough to sustain themselves, because we constantly want more and more and more. What we own is never enough. Linking back to the internet, we're always so exposed to new cool things, it makes us undervalue the things we do have because there's something much cooler and better out there somewhere.

The unfortunate truth is that many a time, the course of our life is often partially decided already the moment we are birthed or untimely ripped from our mothers. And what about the people who became successful against all odds? That goes back to luck and chance occurrence. It doesn't make sense to rely on the odd chance that someone views our website, someone pays attention to our ideas, that someone, hopefully, will notice us. And it's how people become successful. Though, it seems quite meaningless to want money so much since many of the things that can fulfill us don't require money: Love, family, friends, compassion, friendship. But there's so much we're being exposed to in our world that's looking smaller and smaller by the day, these qualities have become less important to people. Sure, it's not right, but we often can't help ourselves when our greedy side wins the fight. And the saying stating that love doesn't make one happy or fulfilled has gone from being true to only partially true. As I stated earlier, many of the things that make us feel good can be free. But the reason why large sums of money can make us happy is because it gives us a sense of accomplishment. Often, how much money you have reflects how far you've gone in life, how good you did life, or in video game terms, your score. If we've accrued a lot of money, we are happy because we are proud of ourselves because we think we've made it and became successful because of how we define successful people. And I have yet to find the reason why I shouldn't be so involved in why I should be alive. I'm not suicidal, but suicide is something that can be reasoned.

Sorry if I repeated a lot of things or failed to acknowledge some of your ideas. I'm not very good at these things.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci