• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Map Guidelines

Team Elite

Career
Reaction score
IF THERE IS ANY SORT OF OVERPOWERED ITEM ON A MAP THAT HAS BEEN ACCEPTED ON TO MCSG WITHOUT THE TRIAL OF A DIFFICULT TASK AND OR PROBLEM SOLVING A REDSTONE CONTRAPTION, THE ITEM WILL BE REMOVED AND ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH THE MAP WILL RECEIVE A PROPER PUNISHMENT.

This guide includes information on:
  • Map Sizes
  • Deathmatch Arenas
  • Multiple Cornucopias
  • Tips on getting your map approved
Map Sizes

There has been confusion over the size of how big maps should be. Some maps go under the recommended size, some go way over, and this is where we clear it up.
  • 24 player maps must have a minimum radius of 200.
  • 48 player maps must have a minimum radius of 500.
Deathmatch Arenas

Lately, when playing on maps, you are teleported back to the cornucopia for deathmatch. Due to a new plug-in feature, map makers may now use an alternate arena for deathmatch.
  • Ensure that it is not possible to escape.
  • Keep it around the size of your cornucopia.
  • You can have it in a closed-off area of the map, or outside of the dome.
If any map makers who's maps are currently on the server would also like to have anything in their maps edited along with the new arena, they are welcome to send it to a member of staff.

Multiple Cornucopias

Maps may now have more than one cornucopia. This can be as many as you wish, even if it is 24 for each player. However, it needs to look neat and work well.

Tips on getting your map approved
  • Have plenty of terraforming and buildings, and ensure that you have it perfected before submitting.
  • Make plenty of chests and spread them out so that they don't favor teaming. Make some effort to hide and make them look natural.
  • Map makers can build whatever they want as long as maps do not favor player(s) over others.
  • For more information on how to organize your thread, check out ShaunDepro's guide.
Is there something else you want explained? Just reply to the thread here with all the details needed, and it will be added to the list if appropriate.​

AcidXenon

Tribute
Reaction score
Would it be possible to use command blocks in a map? Mainly the teleportation to specified co-ordinates. I don't know if it just isn't allowed or wouldn't be compatible with the plugin or something similar?

kaiomann

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I think we need some more clearing about some things. For Example, I heard that item frames are not allowed, but what about Minecarts with chests? Or, as AcidXenon said, command blocks, or maybe even go crazy and put custom spawners in a map? Or Beacons? Wow, there are still a lot of unknown map-related things...

Diar

District 13
Reaction score
I think we need some more clearing about some things. For Example, I heard that item frames are not allowed, but what about Minecarts with chests? Or, as AcidXenon said, command blocks, or maybe even go crazy and put custom spawners in a map? Or Beacons? Wow, there are still a lot of unknown map-related things...
I'll discuss this with the admins and update the thread, thanks! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci