• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Map Making

kyoh

Tribute
Reaction score
Hello. First of all I am sorry if this is in the wrong section, I couldn't find one specifically for this.

Me and 2 of my friends are currently working on a map which we are planning on sending into McGamer for them to put on the MCSG servers. I have noticed how most of the maps on MCSG have a glass dome around it, is this a custom or is it necessary as we have implemented walls around made of netherrack and nether materials and such. Also, can you send in maps whenever you want? Or is there a specific time frame for doing so? Lastly, if it's based in the nether, will it be less likely to be accepted due to Demon's Breeze? Or would it be more likely to get accepted if it was based off of something in the overworld?

Thanks in advance.

I have attached a screenshot of the terrain we are using, we will also add builds to this!

Attachments

Trilexium

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Thread moved to the appropriate section.

Before you consider submitting your map, I would recommend looking at the Map guidelines, found here.

I would have a glass dome on your map rather than walls- it looks a lot cleaner. There is a helpful, lightweight plugin developed by Captain Dory which can assist you with creating a dome around your map which can be downloaded here. There are also some templates which have domes on the map as standard- these can be found here.

Good luck with your map- just because an accepted map follows a similar theme as your map doesn't affect its chances of being declined.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci