• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Map Plans Coming

pibexpibe

Diamond
Reaction score
Hey all! I am currently working on a new map and am almost done with the blueprints! If anyone has any advice, It would be appreciated as I am new to map-making! Thanks!

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Theme: While I believe almost any theme can be successful, choosing the right theme for your skills and imagination can make the map a lot easier to create.
Terraforming: Whether it's a focus of the map or not, there needs to be at least some to make the map look natural.
Overall Build Style: Your builds need to fit the theme, be unique, and have variation in blocks used within them and the building shapes throughout the map.
Tiering: Now map makers have a good degree of control over this, so it's important to try to put Tier 2s in logical places and fairly spread out.
Gameplay Orientation: You need to build your map keeping gameplay in mind. Make sure there are at least some open areas, but try to make the map layout interesting vertically or some other way to encourage alternate combat styles and strategies.
Overall Precision: Make everything look good. Don't be afraid to change things. Keep your terraforming and building sharp and don't have sloppy mistakes like accidental asymmetry or weird terraforming spots.
Corn: This is the first thing people will see. Make sure it's fair and good-looking. Don't be afraid to try to innovate! I worked on Vida Cova and I really like how the corn works for combat.
(Optional) Deathmatch Arena: If you decide to make one, make sure it fits the theme still. Keep it fair and try to do something that makes your arena unique in design or layout.

That's all I can think of for now, I'll add anything if I think of something else.
Here's an old post of mine that may be of some use.

If you're almost finished, make sure to go around and check the map for errors in building and terraforming. Check over your chests and run around to try and see if the chests of both tiers are spread. Make sure there aren't any areas of the map that are very empty and boring (but just because there isn't a build doesn't necessarily make it boring!).

pibexpibe

Diamond
Reaction score
I have a lot of it done I'm posting it on another post so be sure to check it out!
Note that it is far from done, haha!

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
Make it small, nobody likes big maps. Limited water, no one likes swimming. Lots of chests, no one likes survival.

pibexpibe

Diamond
Reaction score
Make it small, nobody likes big maps. Limited water, no one likes swimming. Lots of chests, no one likes survival.
Not all the chests are in yet and there is quite a mess right now and lots of flat land and water
Check back tomorrow for the download!

TotalDramaTony

District 13
Reaction score
Thread Status: Locked

This thread is being moved and locked due to the map/idea not having any progression in a large span of time. If you need your thread to be reopened, PM a Staff member if this map/idea is still in the works.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci