• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Map Submission FAQ

jtmboy

Diamond
Reaction score
Map Submission FAQ

Hello tributes,

Today I bring you a thread that not only spotlights some of our key questions when submitting our map but also some behavior, formatting, and requirements before submitting it.

This thread is going to go over some common questions and mistakes we see here when someone submits there map, and hopefully we cover some of the questions that you may have prior to submitting a map.

FAQ

Where do I submit my map?

This is a common question that many new tributes have when joining the network. The key place to submit a finished map would be by clicking here.

I want to show off my un-finished map, were would I do that?
If you want to show off a map that is not completed yet and is still in progress you can create the there by clicking here. Remember that this is not the place to submit your map.

I have a cool map idea I would like to share, were would I put that?
If you have a cool idea that you want to share with other people then you can go about it by clicking here.

Is there a format when submitting my map?
Yes, there is a format you will need to follow in order to have your map accepted. Failure to follow this format and agreement will have your map declined. You can find the map submission format by clicking here. Remember not to post your map there, that is another thing we commonly see.

I have a cool idea for a map, but how do I make sure I am not copying someone?
That is always a question you want to ask yourself before creating a map. If you wish to check you may want to take a look at this thread by clicking here. And you can also look through some finished maps + some maps in progress if you see your idea show up.

I think some guidelines are outdated, what do I do?
You would go to an administrator and inbox them (preferably AlpakaWhacker ). From there you can tell them why you think it is out dated and what could be added.

I want my map to be accepted, what is my best chance?
When creating your map you should preferably make it original, something the network has never seen before. When creating your map submission you should try to make it look formal, with any bold, colored, and wonky text that could take away from the whole professional aspect of the thread. All in all, good luck!

It has been a really long time and the map update has passed, but I still have gotten no reply on my map submission thread. What do I do?
If a map update has passed and you still have gotten no reply on your thread then most likely you have been declined. Our administrator AlpakaWhacker has to look through hundreds of submissions and he does not have time to reply to all of them.

I have some bad records on this network, would it effect the chances of my map being accepted?
Possibly yes. If you have a record of stealing builds and having a negative attitude within the community then it may effect the overall outcome of your map becoming accepted.

Can I buy the map maker rank?
No. You cannot buy the map maker rank because of the fact that it is awarded to people that have created / helped with a map that has contributed to the servers in a positive way. But, if you just create a map to get he rank your attitude will reflect on your work.

How do I get the attention of administrative staff to view my map?
One thing you should avoid is annoying administrative staff about your map submission and if it should be accepted or not. This is a good way to have your map declined. Just be patient and sooner or later they will get to you.

My map has been moved to " Accepted Maps ". What does that mean?
At this pint in time that means that administrative staff have seen your map and approved it to be pushed out in the next map update. If you do get to this stage congratulations because it is a big deal.

My map has been accepted, who & how many people will receive the map maker rank?
If you map has been accepted then 3 people that helped to make the map will receive the rank. You will need to list three people on the thread because that is who administrative staff will pick to give the rank to.

How long will it take me to get my rank?
It should take you about a week or more to receive your rank on all of our platforms. Please patient during this time because our administrative staff have a lot of work on there hands still.

Extra
This section is a little extra that I added in to help you get a better understanding of what to keep in mind when you are creating your thread.

When creating your thread make sure to follow the format and make the thread positive. If we see threads that are there just to be pointless or rude then a moderator will remove it and you could be in some trouble. Just keep in mind when creating your thread to make sure that there will be no flame, or that a moderator may need to remove.

Also, don't bug staff about your submission! We only have a couple people and they will get to it when the next update comes around.

Have a great day, if you have any questions feel free to inbox me here on the forums.

Last edited:

Jusser

Career
Reaction score
Hopefully we will have a lot less confusion now about everything map related! Yay for less unnecessary spam

Luka

Quantum
Reaction score
Amazing thread, one question though, can your map actually be declined? as there's no declined maps thread, will it just forever stay in the finished maps thread? :D

jtmboy

Diamond
Reaction score
Amazing thread, one question though, can your map actually be declined? as there's no declined maps thread, will it just forever stay in the finished maps thread? :D
You map will stay in finished maps for a while and then be moved to map archive.

Luka

Quantum
Reaction score
You map will stay in finished maps for a while and then be moved to map archive.
Okay thank you! I had to ask because I saw some maps back from january that are still in the finished maps thread :p

Reactions: Epo

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci