• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Maps and Item Frames

AlphaDanny

Tribute
Reaction score
I was just wondering, are new maps allowed to have Item frames with items (apple, arrow, map, etc) on them?
1. Not 100% sure if the item frame glitch is fixed where people can obtain things from item frames
2. I know that there can be no "OP" items in them, I'm just wondering if we can use item frames with regular items such as a watermelon, etc.

Either it's not on the forums or I couldn't come across in the map guidelines about the deal with item frames :p

Any answers or feedback is appreciated in advance :D

-Danny

Beardy

District 13
Reaction score
Items frames with items can be very useful for building purposes. I think it should be allowed, just don't put any weapons if possible.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
As long as the items are not anything that could be used to benefit you in-game.

Did I answer your question? If so, feel free to tell me and I will lock the thread c:

AlphaDanny

Tribute
Reaction score
As long as the items are not anything that could be used to benefit you in-game.

Did I answer your question? If so, feel free to tell me and I will lock the thread c:
Ok one last clarification xD I assume its OK if we put food (apples, melons) in the item frames and lets say a map? ;D

Teaches

Diamond
Reaction score
Ok one last clarification xD I assume its OK if we put food (apples, melons) in the item frames and lets say a map? ;D
It is fine to do so, but most people do not like maps with item frames as it causes INTENSE lag. For example, on ValleySide I get 40 FPS. In the a building, I get 10. Turbulence I get 30, corn and the huge plane I get 10. They just really make things laggy, so I don't recomend using them.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I mean technically they're beneficial but it's much less of a problem. To be safe I wouldn't :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci