• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

MCGamer Ban Tables Made PUBLIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

charliewolves

Career
Reaction score
This should calm down a lot of the unrest when players get punished, also it should create a bond between players and staff. Only together can we battle the rule breakers on an even playing field :)

Reaction score
This is amazing!
But my only concern is now that people have this guide it will be easier for people on the application to say how they would punish someone rather than relying on there past experience to get the right answer.

But it's all good, not too much of a difference so I guess it won't hurt :p.

Zeno

Platinum
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of more transparency between the staff and the community, and this is a good step in the right direction. I approve :)

Equalitee

Platinum
Reaction score
On more of a personal note, I am extremely happy that we are allowing the MCGamer Network Punishment Guide to be available to the public. As previously stated by several other Staff Members, it has always been a goal of mine to help increase and strengthen the player-to-staff bond as we are a family and we, together, keep the Network going. I feel that by doing this, it will dramatically increase the positivity within the Network as we are now capable of being more straightforward and everyone is now capable of being on the same page as we are in regards to their punishment histories. :)
Cool :D I always thought this should be done. The only thing I think that needs added, is like video situations of what exactly the hacks look like :p
I have approached Cam regarding your suggestion. I will let you know more once this has been discussed. :)
I was permanently banned off of MCSG for saying "I actually use Nodus" in a troll AMA.... Is this seriously how desperate new mods are for mod points nowadays?
We, as Moderators, are not desperate for Moderator Actions. We simply ban players for Admitting to Hack because we do not think it is worth the risk of players actually using hacked or modded clients, especially after the Leaderboard Update.

Also, when joining the MCGamer Network, you have virtually signed an agreement stating that you are aware of the MCGamer Network Rules and that if at any time you decide to disobey them, that you are liable for any punishment that may arise on your behalf.
It is your right, however, to dispute your ban if you feel like you were wrongfully punished. If you are interested in disputing your ban, please submit a Ban Dispute
here and please remember to follow this Ban Dispute Template.

I wish you the best of luck! :)

Fox

Diamond
Reaction score
Don't think this is really needed. A general guideline featured in the Rules thread would have been fine, and some small tweaks to make rules clearer could be adjoined to the rules thread also.

Think that the rules thread could definitely be managed differently, re-organized and edited within the emphasis of ban guidelines, making players understand which rules have more power than others.

Accountability and transparency is great, but there's definitely better ways to make this.

Jurud

Survivor
Reaction score
You guys now know our system, maybe this will encourage players to follow the rules now that they know the consequences! Anyway, great work! :D

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
On more of a personal note, I am extremely happy that we are allowing the MCGamer Network Punishment Guide to be available to the public. As previously stated by several other Staff Members, it has always been a goal of mine to help increase and strengthen the player-to-staff bond as we are a family and we, together, keep the Network going. I feel that by doing this, it will dramatically increase the positivity within the Network as we are now capable of being more straightforward and everyone is now capable of being on the same page as we are in regards to their punishment histories. :)I have approached Cam regarding your suggestion. I will let you know more once this has been discussed. :)We, as Moderators, are not desperate for Moderator Actions. We simply ban players for Admitting to Hack because we do not think it is worth the risk of players actually using hacked or modded clients, especially after the Leaderboard Update.

Also, when joining the MCGamer Network, you have virtually signed an agreement stating that you are aware of the MCGamer Network Rules and that if at any time you decide to disobey them, that you are liable for any punishment that may arise on your behalf.
It is your right, however, to dispute your ban if you feel like you were wrongfully punished. If you are interested in disputing your ban, please submit a Ban Dispute
here and please remember to follow this Ban Dispute Template.

I wish you the best of luck! :)

Braden

District 13
Reaction score
EDIT: Just as a forewarning, this is a really long reply, so if you don't like to read a lot, there is a TL;DR at the bottom.

I have some mixed feelings about this. Most of my feelings are good but there's just a couple things that bug me about this - actually, there's one.

To start, I do love the idea that we are letting non-staff members see how long the protocol length for the punishment is. It's a great idea because now that members are informed of the appropriate punishment length, it will assure all users equal punishment, not that unfair punishment lengths was a ever a big problem.

I also like to think that this will increase the amount of accepted Report Abuses, seeing as how members will now know what is accepted as enough evidence to submit reports successfully (ex: abuse being more than saying "you're dumb"). It's very nice to know that non-staff members will have knowledge of what we deem abuse, rather than spam, flooding chat, etc. (Those aren't the best examples, but you get my point)

Releasing the ban guide to the whole community will also create less of a gap between staff and non-staff, which is always good. In a sense, it allows non-staff to kind of get a glimpse of what is going on behind the scenes. Transparency between the non-staff and staff is a necessity, in my eyes, and this is certainly helping.

Now, there is something that MCGamerzism | Gizm said, regarding moderator applications.
My only concern is now that people have this guide it will be easier for people on the application to say how they would punish someone rather than relying on there past experience to get the right answer.
So, to that I answer that yes, it will be easier for people to respond to scenarios such as that, however, I'm not too sure that being able to answer those scenarios make or break your application, as most applicants don't have moderation experience at MCGamer, so they are going with what they would believe to be best. There are more important qualities that are looked at, not just the scenarios. I'm sure you thought of everything I mentioned; you're a pretty smart guy. c:

Now, there's the only thing I don't like about it being released to the public. Frankly, I just don't like the feeling. I can't explain it too much; it's just one of those feelings that you get but can't understand why you feel that way. I guess something about the whole idea that non-staff members have access to something that has always been confidential and has been protected with strict punishments to those who release it. It's just a weird feeling, nothing too important.

Anyways, that's my feeling on the subject. Overall, I think it's a good idea that will just take a bit of time to get used to. This honestly came out of nowhere for most members of the community, even for moderators, so it will take a small amount of time to adjust.

TL;DR: I like the fact that equal punishments will be given, I like the chance that the amount of successful Report Abuses will rise, and that there is more staff-non-staff transparency. I don't really like that it was released after being confidential for so long, but I will get used to that.

SnoopSean

Career
Reaction score
Wow, so many things I never knew were possible.

Well now I know, THANKS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci