• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

mcsg fanbase slipping

MrSlimShady

Survivor
Reaction score
No this is not your usual thread how mcsg is slowly dying, but I what I am trying to, that the MCGamer base is not what it used to be, it is not #1 for SG, hell I would say even HiveMC is falling down the cracks, its Badlion that is rising, all the 2012 and the 2013 servers are going away or loosing their fanbase.
We need a new gamemode that will help MCSG grow, SG isn't what it used to be, nor is what minecraft PC, its all about phone or the console, hell even windows 10 have there own version. I think its safe to say that Chad is loosing money or not making what he used to make because

CA AND AS are all down, there are 3 that exist, us, eu and AU, all I am saying is mcsg got to pick things up..

MCS

Diamond
Reaction score
The main reason why the player base is slipping is due to the amount of hackers.

MrSlimShady

Survivor
Reaction score
It is, most people get bored of being killed by hacker so they leave for other games like CS:GO and League..
+ the fact that sg is old and stale, plus all the little kiddies coming in makes older people want to leave so they don't get judged..

Scout

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
It is, most people get bored of being killed by hacker so they leave for other games like CS:GO and League..
You're completely wrong. They leave because Minecraft got boring and there are better games to play. There aren't many hackers now, well at least I haven't seen one in about 15 games.
even windows 10 have there own version
The Windows 10 version of the game is meant for tablets and phones that run Windows 10 as well. If you really want to you can play it on a PC with Windows 10, even thought it would be useless.

MCS

Diamond
Reaction score
You're completely wrong. They leave because Minecraft got boring and there are better games to play. There aren't many hackers now, well at least I haven't seen one in about 15 games.

The Windows 10 version of the game is meant for tablets and phones that run Windows 10 as well. If you really want to you can play it on a PC with Windows 10, even thought it would be useless.
To my knowledge, most people I knew left because of hackers and teams making the game boring, though I may be wrong that is the reason I left. But you are right, there are many games that can top minecraft any day.

Mortalx9000

Experienced
Reaction score
To my knowledge, most people I knew left because of hackers and teams making the game boring, though I may be wrong that is the reason I left. But you are right, there are many games that can top minecraft any day.
I haven't seen a hacker in ages tbh... The real problem are teams but since MCSG released SoloSG, it isn't really a problem anymore.

Jazza

Experienced
Reaction score
We need a new gamemode that will help MCSG grow
This one caught me off guard for a second.

Although it may assist MCGamer's playerbase growth to create something unique, it's easier said than done. That being said, it won't be much of an easy process to brainstorm and create newer mini-games that will be published onto the servers, only to be played for a few days and then abandoned. It's hard to actually have an idea of a gamemode and get it executed correctly so that it'll be one of the active gamemodes on the servers (Of course for example, SG).

I'm in no way shape or form saying that this idea isn't one that shouldn't be attempted. It's a brilliant idea but we (we as in mostly developers) need to focus on other major priorities before beginning on even coding new gamemodes and i'm positive that the developers are already aware that newer gamemodes would be a good addition to increase the player-base, but it's just a matter of if the gamemode will be successful and a successful gamemode needs ultra-mega-super planning (ultra-mega-super planning could take months).

CA AND AS are all down, there are 3 that exist, us, eu and AU
This is partially due to financial reasons and/or the playerbase on those servers weren't really reaching above expectancy. Temporarily closing those server regions down was probably the best decision to make. Note that I said "Temporarily" and you never know when/if they're coming back.

In my opinion, they decided to keep US, EU and AU online due to the simple fact that their player-bases were much more developed and simply contained more players online during their peak times. Whereas CA and AS.. Nearly the complete opposite. Correct me if i'm wrong.

Chad is loosing money

I don't really have a say in this, nor does anyone really. To put it in a simple context, only the people who clearly know how much Chad earns from MCGamer or from his IRL business monthly, yearly etc. know how much he earns. But from my knowledge, no one knows the exact amount of how much he's losing (if he is) and it's not a discussion to continue on.

But nonetheless, I know where you're coming from and you're making good points and I can honestly say that some can get noted and looked into. But for the time being, the developers and Chad are working their butts off to attempt to bring the community back together and it's probably best to let them do their own thing(s) that they're currently doing, as you never know what they'll announce. ;)

Last edited:

smashmaster

Platinum
Reaction score
Who uses there phone to game? I don't think we are at that point...yet ;)

Miner9823

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Just a general reminder for everyone here to keep the flame to a minimum. Keep in mind that this is a discussion about how MCGamer is doing and how long it may last. Any posts that relate to things otherwise (like flame posts or racism) will result in deletion. Furthermore getting risk of punishment. Thank you! c:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci