• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Message to Administrators, future hosts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

iFroZenReality

Quantum
Reaction score
Hello! I'm here to talk about the future hosts location. As you know, if you saw it, on the votations (http://www.mcgamer.net/threads/the-7th-official-mcgamer-awards-–-eliminations-round-2.244191/), the part that it says "Most wanted server location", the most voted was "United States - East coast", and I want to say that on my point of view, it's a waste of money, because all of the player that are not from EU or NA, can't play with a decent ping, for example, I'm from south america and I get 250ms on US, 300ms on EU, and almost 400ms on AU, so, I think that it could be more fair if the MCGamer administration create a new proxy or a new host in South America or in Asia, as it's the second option more voted. So that's everything, on point, the NA players already have a GREAT ping compared to the SA players or the Asian players (idk if asians play on US too).
Thank you for reading :)

Note: Sorry for the bad english, it isn't my main lenguage :p

Note 2: I don't know if this is the correct section to post this, if not, please move the thread.

Last edited:

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
To begin with, it is in the correct section.

Addressing your point, I don't agree nor disagree. I understand that those in South America and Asia get bad connection; however, MCGamer has to look at the majority of the community. There are two options I support.

The first option: move the US network to a more centralized location and open a South American network. This is probably the most cost-effective method for the issue. Everyone in US gets at least a decent ping, South Americans get a decent ping, and MCGamer doesn't have to open multiple servers.

The second option: open an eastern US network and a South American network. Though it would be expensive, practically everyone in America would get fairly excellent ping and those in South America would be happy as well.

Either one of those options works, but the former appears to be the better of the two. It'd be nice to have a cheap yet well-working solution to both problems.

iFroZenReality

Quantum
Reaction score
To begin with, it is in the correct section.

Addressing your point, I don't agree nor disagree. I understand that those in South America and Asia get bad connection; however, MCGamer has to look at the majority of the community. There are two options I support.

The first option: move the US network to a more centralized location and open a South American network. This is probably the most cost-effective method for the issue. Everyone in US gets at least a decent ping, South Americans get a decent ping, and MCGamer doesn't have to open multiple servers.

The second option: open an eastern US network and a South American network. Though it would be expensive, practically everyone in America would get fairly excellent ping and those in South America would be happy as well.

Either one of those options works, but the former appears to be the better of the two. It'd be nice to have a cheap yet well-working solution to both problems.
I don't know if MCGamer have the money for paying 2 more hosts (Eastern host and South American host), but I am sure that they have the money for paying 1 more host, I remember that Chad said that putting a South American host will cost about 1000 dollars, but that's what they get when 10 people buy Platinum... So, I think the first option is better.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
The main problem with creating a South American host was that we could not find one that was affordable and trustworthy, therefore until then it is unlikely we can do something. However, were always open to what options there are!

roygator14

Career
Reaction score
Hello!
This thread has been Locked due to NecroPosting (reven86)
NecroPosting is commenting on a thread that is over 30 days(approximately 1 month) old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci