• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

minecraft internal exception java.net.socketexception read timed out(help please)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tpgkevin

Tribute
Reaction score
Hello Everybody. So recently, a problem has come up revolving around me attempting to connect to hunger games server. To start off, here's the basic scenario: I start minecraft, log intakes longer than , go to multiplayer, then select one of the servers. All good so far, for the most part. I'm able to play on the server for about few minutes, until it suddenly freezes. This freeze isn't as in I can't move or minecraft stops responding, but a very differing kind. Primarily, I can't open chests, I right-click and nothing happens, I destroy a block but no blocks pop out, everybody stops moving. That seems generic for lag, however, something else happens. I can talk to my cousin on the phone (who in my perspective is standing still even though he is moving), and he tells me that he does see me moving, exactly as I am on my side. From this point, it either goes two ways. One way is that in about 30 seconds, boom, everything suddenly happens, chests open, characters move like lighting, I randomly get a bunch of blocks (Soon, a few seconds later, the problem repeats however). The other way, the more common one, is that eventually about after a minute, "Internal exception: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out" appears on my screen. This has been screwing with me recently and really been bogging down my experience.

Please help, btw this was posted officaly by Aroomkey in minecraft forums with no answers.
some people told me to install java 64 bit even though my pc is 32 bit and well i did and it said i cant open it. i have the recommended java version and the pc speed is fine.
PLEASE HELP!!!!!

NinjaShrimp

Experienced
Reaction score
If you only have a 32bit operating system then 64bit java is no good for you.

First make sure you have the latest java by going to java.com
If you have any mods installed try removing them and trying that.
Try doing a "Force update" within the minecraft login screen options for a fresh install.
Have you tried installing optifine (don't think this will help tho but might do)
How much ram does your pc/laptop have?

Darlo2k4

Career
Reaction score
Ah yes, forgot to mention the first bit ;) Woopsie

tpgkevin

Tribute
Reaction score
If you only have a 32bit operating system then 64bit java is no good for you.

First make sure you have the latest java by going to java.com
If you have any mods installed try removing them and trying that.
Try doing a "Force update" within the minecraft login screen options for a fresh install.
Have you tried installing optifine (don't think this will help tho but might do)
How much ram does your pc/laptop have?
my pc has 3 gb of ram and i run a soild 40 fps all the time btw

Ikanacanyon7

District 13
Reaction score
Im having the exact same problem and it didnt ever happen before to me and its really annoying, yesterday i was only able to play 2 complete games and then i spent a lot of time trying to play but i got this error either in the waiting room, or in the middle of a game im playing.... this plus that now you get disconected everytime a game finishes (which i understand why they do it) doesnt give me any oportunity to play the games, its really annoying.
May will say that the problem is in my computer but the thing is it didnt ever happen before and this things dont suddely appear form nowhere, also as i found this problem so strange i tried to play on two other PCs and the problem still happened, it cant just be coincidence that it is happening in 3 different PCs thats why i dont believe the problem is on me, also other players told me that they have been having the same problem lately.... please help :/

tpgkevin

Tribute
Reaction score
kan make sure your internet connection is wired. helped my problem.

Topspinfreak99

Spectator
Reaction score
I´m having the same problem , too. But my notebook can run of 64 bit??. If i start the game and try to connect to the server, the same problem came

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci