• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Mini Hunger Games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

supermuddypuddle

Experienced
Reaction score

cheezstiks

Experienced
Reaction score
Anyway if you have optifine or not, the games will be nice and quick, that's the point of a mini survival games server.

Und3adKiwi5

Spectator
Reaction score
It is a nice idea, I just dont want to be seen across the dome due to optifine, but it sounds like a good idea.

(Means easier to make maps for map builders)

NeatNit

Tribute
Reaction score
Right, this OptiFine nonsense got us all sidetracted. The idea is actually pretty damn cool. Quicker matches, less seriousness, more fun. I like it.

OptiFine is not really a hack/cheat. As you can see I was convinced, mainly by reading about it and by seeing admins commenting on it saying it's a grey area (leaning towards fine).
It doesn't give that much of an advantage anyway.

(Not that I've tried it myself, still running on pure Vanilla! :D)

cheezstiks

Experienced
Reaction score
You know, Chad and the rest of the MCSG crew will probably create this idea, maybe once they finish the 120 player servers.

Guess what, I made an eight player hunger games map because I got bored today. :D
Although I'm not going to post it because this is a feature suggestions forum, not map ideas.

Haydenw37

Survivor
Reaction score
mmm i like having smaller arenas and it would certainly reduce playing time. But i'm sure there are people out there who might complain that it doesn't suit the Hunger Games theme (that it isn't 24 tributes at the least) but to them i say: the plug-in is designed to allow games to start so long as half the spots on the server are taken, thus making the games not specifically designed to host a total of 24-48 players every game...
so yes, i think this should be looked into as some people may only have time to play a game that will finish within 30 mins or less.

The_Soy_Man

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Right, this OptiFine nonsense got us all sidetracted. The idea is actually pretty damn cool. Quicker matches, less seriousness, more fun. I like it.

OptiFine is not really a hack/cheat. As you can see I was convinced, mainly by reading about it and by seeing admins commenting on it saying it's a grey area (leaning towards fine).
It doesn't give that much of an advantage anyway.

(Not that I've tried it myself, still running on pure Vanilla! :D)
I don't mind if someone uses optifine on the servers... unless they use the zoom feature that lets them see further distances then normal. Then it's being abused and creates an unfair advantage

Ber Ric

Spectator
Reaction score
Just for the info : optifine's zoom option allow to see things bigger, but do not allow to see things that would usually be out of line of sight (=> does not make the player see farther), makes you blind to almost 60 to 70% of the normal game screen (since you zoom on only a small part of it) and makes your mouse move slowly.
So there's no real advantage / cheating about it, its just not useful ^^

PS : I'd love smaller arenas, 8/12 people games would make it really different and nice !

bart

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
sounds cool to have like small maps so you're not walking like half an hour without having any interaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci