• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Money Making Stratgies

The Arena Master

Mockingjay
Reaction score
What are some good money making strategies that you use? I would like to try and create a guide on this thread! :D

Zeno

Platinum
Reaction score
Babysitting. It's easy to do (as long as you have the right personality), can be done at nearly all ages (or at least any age when you would really care about money), and can easily earn you mor than working a minimum wage job.

Edit: Just realized what section this was in....
I have no idea whatsoever :p

Lively

District 13
Reaction score
Here are some easy ways to make money.​
Sugar: Sugar cane grows unbelievably fast, and is great for a quick buck.​
Cobble: It takes a bit longer, but if you have a cobblestone generator, it's an easy way to make money.​
Carrots: They grow quickly, and you can eat them.​
Gold Apples: If you have a lot of gold lying around, and a few apples, make golden apples and sell them for $300.​
If you happen to have a mooshroom, you can sell mushroom stew. I don't know if it takes the bowl, but it's a bit of money.​
Lumber: If you have a productive tree farm. Sell the logs for a fair chunk of cash.​
Mossy Cobble: If you find a mob spawner with mossy cobble, make sure you take all of it. It's worth a pretty penny in the shop.​
Iron: While being the most useful item in the game, if you have more iron than needed, you can sell it for $15 an ingot. Not a bad deal.​
Emeralds: These are rather rare, but they are worth it. At $125, they are worth 25% more than a diamond.​

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Blaze Powder and Nether Wart are my two reliable sources of income, the powder got nerfed recently but are still viable.

2013-07-28_19.47.13.png

2013-07-28_14.32.35.png

Blazes also offer the benefit of xp if you choose to manually harvest the blaze rods.

2013-07-28_14.52.26.png

2013-07-28_14.55.13.png

If you want something more stackable and/or in the overworld sugar from sugarcane is incredibly efficient, potatoes and carrots can be argued to be better because of their sell price but I do believe they take longer to plant and grow then it is to automate sugarcane with pistons. I'm going to write a detailed guide up soon.

2013-07-28_21.21.08.png

(pre-nerf, the price is now half but still viable with the additional xp ;P)

Lucidictive

Diamond
Reaction score
I'd never give away my strategy, because, what's a man without his secret recipe? (probably more of a man)

Reaction score
Farming. In just one patch of my crops, I got $5,000. Carrots and potatoes are the best (in my opinion).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci