• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

My MCSG Story -Update from 2013-

Reaction score
In light of the slow, sad decline of MCSG (still don't like calling it MCGamer) I would like to bring back an old tradition started by Krafty (rip) in spring of 2013, where people would basically just tell their story of what they did on the server. Honestly I read over my old story yesterday and it brought back so many memories, it sort of inspired me to make sort of a continuation of it since a lot has happened to the server & in my life since April of 2013.

http://www.mcgamer.net/threads/the-mcsg-story-of-torchscar.36164/

2013 (End of Spring/Beginning of Summer)

*unfortunately my time stamps and exact order of events may be off & I may leave some people out, but this happened 3 years ago and I haven't remembered everything perfectly*

Around May or June I decided to renounce my position as a member of the best clan of its time, The Rebels. It wasn't anything personal, but I was never active enough to partake in scrims and therefore couldn't play in CBs. I felt like I was hurting the clan more the helping it at the time. To be honest, I kind of regret it. The Rebels of 2013 were some of the coolest people I had ever met, sadly leaving the clan put some distance between me and the members at the time. Of course I was still friends with them, but as leaving a clan will, there was some distance.

After leaving Rebels, I joined "Aviate". I didn't leave Rebels to join Aviate, and if I'm honest, I joined mainly because the leader Andy kind of flattered me by calling me amazing lol (still love you Andy <3). But after a long trial period, I found out that it really wasn't the place for me as I didnt really know anyone aside from Mooclan who was trialing alongside me at the time. Still, I knew Rebels was really the only clan I ever felt like joining aside from EliteSquad 2012.

Now this part gets a little hazy for me, I know sometime around early 2014, the game just lost a lot of interest for me, I lost my drive for my constant grind to have a 1/2 w/l ratio and was truly having not a lot of fun anymore. Ever since I had left Rebels I was slipping down a slope of losing interest in MCSG until I finally gave in and quit. (I forget if I made a quitting thread but I can't be bothered to dig for it if it does exist). I attribute my quitting to me leaving Rebels. I had a lot of friends there and it was something I had always wanted to be apart of since before I even made EliteSquad. I always looked up to the people who led it back then (Zeno Branbob83). But overall I was just sick of the game.

During my time off I stopped in periodically on the Rebels TS to see what was going on, but mostly I had moved on to games on Steam and such.

Fall of 2015

I'll be honest, I don't know what it was that drew me back to this place, whether it was the fact that me coming back to this place every so often to check up or it was the fact that I was browsing the forums all the time to see what was going on. One day, I just decided that I wanted to play again. Now obviously I sucked compared to back then when I would like to think I was pretty good, but that isn't as relevant. When I came back, I didn't know where to go, I didn't want to play solo, so I found the Rebels thread and hopped on the TS. I got not at all what I expected. I was expecting a rush of nostalgia, but honestly I have learned to believe that nostalgia always seems better in your head (I'll get back on topic now) instead of the nostalgia I was expecting, I was met with a lot of unfamiliar faces. While people like Maxypie were still around, pretty much everybody else from 2013 was gone. I eventually got around to meeting a lot of these people, and mainly thanks to beneu I was inspired to join Rebels again, two years after my first departure. Some of the wonderful people I had the privilege to meet were beneu, Ranger_zZ, Justin (idk how to tag this kid), radodim, Sports, Mudkip, Primeval, I KNOW I MISSED SOME PEOPLE AND IF I DID IT DOESNT MEAN I DONT LOVE YOU IT JUST MEANS MY MEMORY IS Good (for example I had to look at the Rebels thread to remember the Rainger was almost as bad as me when I came back). Over time I got bored of the game again and left. I saw the dilemma that MCSG was in and still is. Despite the attempts at trying to save it, the server will eventually die. All good things must come to an end! Of course I hope it keeps going, but my definition of a server dying is when all my friends & the people that made it fun for me leave. No hate to anyone here now, I just don't know who tf you are.

So this marks the first and probably only update to my MCSG Story. (Sorry for my bad formatting if there is any, this entire thing was typed up in my phone while I'm in the car.)

Now I will try to give a shout out to everybody that has ever made my experience at MCSG a ton of fun, and are part of the reason why I will always try to remember that part of my life as carefree and fun.

Mooclan, Krafty, @Uncrowdedflyer5, piranga, @darkflame7, rexxyy, Branbob83, Giggums, @Doodlebob91, Hawk62 (rip lol), JaysWing, Zado, mikefroot, soggypickle, cscoop, Rhino1928, AviJess, Maxypie, Ranger_zZ, radodim, Primeval, beneu, Sports, Ceroria, @MrTurnip_12, SilverJakler, @kameronl209, toby22, Plg21, @b1gtub, KingJr, Ellen, Hiqhlights, Lovelights, MJM239, @AviAndy, Nbroski, @apollo_moon, Justin (the bad one), polarisXD, Lining, Virtualspark I KNOW I MISSED SOME PEOPLE AND IF I DID IM SORRY BUT IF WE WERE FRIENDS YOU AND I BOTH KNEW IT IT'S just hard to remember.

Thanks guys <3
-Nick

Last edited:

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
smh forums not giving me an alert from this :c

But hey it's nice to see you around, what are you up to now?

I was just thinking a lot about how my summer is different now that I don't wake up every morning excited to hop on my computer and hang out with a clan or get on the MCSG Teamspeak to see what staff members are on. There was always something to do, but now the clan scene is made up of an entirely new generation and the staff team is struggling and the teamspeak is a ghost town. Sometimes I just come on to my computer and open up all these platforms out of habit, then realize I haven nothing to do :c

Then again, I have plenty of other fun stuff to do this summer, it's just sad to see that MCSG isn't really a part of it anymore...

Reaction score
smh forums not giving me an alert from this :c

But hey it's nice to see you around, what are you up to now?

I was just thinking a lot about how my summer is different now that I don't wake up every morning excited to hop on my computer and hang out with a clan or get on the MCSG Teamspeak to see what staff members are on. There was always something to do, but now the clan scene is made up of an entirely new generation and the staff team is struggling and the teamspeak is a ghost town. Sometimes I just come on to my computer and open up all these platforms out of habit, then realize I haven nothing to do :c

Then again, I have plenty of other fun stuff to do this summer, it's just sad to see that MCSG isn't really a part of it anymore...
Well pretty recently I got a job so I've been kind of busy, I havent really played any Minecraft since I quit before 2016.

I play cs with some irl friends mostly. But Mooclan showed me the astroMC ts and from what I heard it sounds like a great community so I might be hanging around here some

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Well pretty recently I got a job so I've been kind of busy, I havent really played any Minecraft since I quit before 2016.

I play cs with some irl friends mostly. But Mooclan showed me the astroMC ts and from what I heard it sounds like a great community so I might be hanging around here some
Fantastic, see you around astro ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci