• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Need some help...

Addo

Diamond
Reaction score
Hi, I am Potatoe (yes I know I spelled it wrong, I did that on purpose, get over it you grammar nazis) but all seriousness, I am asking for tips on how to regain my skill I had back when I used to play mcsg all day erry day. I used to be someone who would win game after game and do a clan war here and there, and I loved the game. Just, that was about a year ago. And now, the server is different, and everything seems to have changed. The other day I went in a game and i forgot how to do pretty much everything. My 180 FnS results in my lighting myself on fire, i did that 3 times. My Bow shots were off by a mile, and my sword skills, oh god :X I was going to puke how bad they were. I dont know how I can get better anymore, is there a server for 1v1s where I can practice, or some tips and tricks? It also seems some of my old strafing and bow patterns are all outdated and my next move is always guessed. I dont know what to do. Im pretty much just stuck. I wish I was still good. That is why I decided to post this on the forums, asking people that do know what theyre doing to maybe share their knowledge of the game with me, (because sharing is caring!) I've heard the "Play every day , and keep practicing!" over and over, but I cant practice when within two or three minutes I am already dead due to my lack of skill. :mad: Please, Just give me some advice on PvP strategies for MCSG. If not I'll just have to stick to the Katniss strategy and be the leader of the Clean up Crew.

Thanks
-Potatoe.

Speech

Platinum
Reaction score
Play smart. Expect the clean up every fight. To end my tips just play for fun. This is just a game in the end

iRocki

Career
Reaction score
Play smart. Expect the clean up every fight. To end my tips just play for fun. This is just a game in the end
If you clean up you will always win. MCSG is all about playing defensive. You can't play to offensive or someone will clean you up :p

nickk

Career
Reaction score
If you clean up you will always win. MCSG is all about playing defensive. You can't play to offensive or someone will clean you up :p
Not true im a really offensive player and if someone tries to clean me up i just turn around and kill them

iRocki

Career
Reaction score
Not true im a really offensive player and if someone tries to clean me up i just turn around and kill them
That means you are a good player. If you are not experienced then I would recommend cleaning up.

J

Jojo

For me, battlegrounds on MCGamer is pretty helpful to stay skilled (or not xD) and I sometimes play this ffa gamemode to warm up. c:

Pro-Tip: Close your eyes and imagine it's QQ, then you're pro. c:

J

District 13
Reaction score
Battlegrounds is a great way to warm-up and practice again like Jojo said; try to focus on one area at a time such as sword, then bowing, and for your flint and steels, just try to predict where players will step on and light that block on fire :)

JLioner the qq days ;-;

Speech

Platinum
Reaction score
Honestly just go on Badlion and do MCSG unranked 1v1s and just practice strafing and other tactics. I learned how to do 180 FnS on Badlion.

Disingenuous

Platinum
Reaction score
I would have to agree with Jokoy, as much as some people on here dislike Badlion, they have some really good things to offer. With the 1v1's being one of them. It's a fantastic way to warm up. However; Battlegrounds would be the better alternative because the NCP's are a bit different, so you may get hits on Badlion that you wouldn't dream of hitting in MCSG, which may cause you a few issues. But overall I would just say learn through experiences, everyone goes through rusty phases. You'll be out of it in no time I'm sure!

Have a fantastic day! :)

Rhino1928

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Skill is gained over a long period of time, with an obscene amount of practice.

Battlegrounds as JLioner is a great way to warm up as it provides the exact same ping you will be playing on when playing Survival Games, as well as matching you up the with some of the same opponents you will be facing in Survival Games.

In addition, the occasional glance and light reading of the Tips and Strategies section of the forums can give you some nice ideas that can greatly improve your Skill and Ability.

And trust me I know how bad it feels to be bad at the game after being good... RIP V1.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci