• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Need YOUR creations for a new map

OliBear

Experienced
Reaction score
What this is:
Hi, I am Olibear and currently... Well, currently I'm not really doing anything. I haven't been on Minecraft in a while. Anyway, whilst playing Outlast and screaming myself out of my chair, a thought about my yet to be finished map struck my head with an idea. Seeing as everything in the map is actually finished, all that we have left to do is aesthetics. Personally, I want lots of aesthetics. I want airships, hot air balloons, buildings on floating islands you name it. So I thought "Why not post a thread on the forums asking people for their builds for the map?" So, here I am, asking YOU for your input.

What the map is:
The map takes place on large islands, roughly about five, maybe six of them. Most of them are town districts or the suburbs, but none of that matters because you are not building for these islands. I will post some pictures up when the map is completely finished. We started this way back in February/March but then ten days in that contest came up so we had to make a new map from scratch. Then we all got sidetracked and ended up too busy for this one. Altogether, we have worked on it for about twenty-five days. A few less days than it took us for Hungry Hills.

The Procedure:
  • You make something that fits the guidelines and post the schematics with maybe a few screenies in the comments
  • I take a look at the pictures to see if it meets the requirements and looks good
  • Using MCEdit, I add it into Cloud Nine

What the Guidelines are:
If you want to submit something, it will have to meet these requirements.
  • It would need to be something that flies or floats in the air. (It doesn't have to be realistic) As of now I am hoping for mainly hot air balloons, airships, houses or structures (Maybe windmills?) on floating islands, maybe even a floating rock itself would be good.
  • You are allowed to add a sign with your name on it if you so wish. Just please keep it in a nice looking place that doesn't stand out too much. If the sign IS in an incorrect place, don't worry too much about it. We'll just move it.
  • If you want to build an airship, balloons used as it's method of flying is okay, but I would much rather prefer sail-wings. What's on the ship and what it's used for can be up to you. Cargo, pirates, transportation, you name it.
  • If you are looking to build a structure on an island, don't break your legs over what it needs to be like to fit in. Just make it taller than it is in width or length. If you want something to take inspiration from, I would recommend something like the buildings on Bio shock infinite. If worse comes to worse we could just change the material and keep the structure design itself.
  • If it is a structure, don't make it too big and don't expect tributes to explore it. These things are for aesthetics so only spectators can view them from the inside. I'd expect the biggest buildings to be like the size of a mansion you would build in survival mode. Not too big, but bigger than your average everyday house.

Map Finished!
Okay guys, so the map has actually got to the point where we don't actually need anymore creations. However, if you would still like to submit a build, please let us know that you're making one and give us an estimate of when it will be done. If no one posts anything until 20:00 GMT tonight then I shall be posting the map up as a finished map.

Last edited:

Virtual

District 13
Reaction score
I want to help, but I love violence.
:c

OliBear

Experienced
Reaction score
Your PMC maps chests were all empty. :(
Yeah, they messed up a little somehow. It was probably some sort of plugin glitch. There was also an instance where you couldn't hit other players or they were invisible or something like that. I'm glad that map didn't get added because we used a lot of original ideas in that map that worked fine in the making of, but failed due to server plugins such as the jump-pad that kicked people for 'moving too quickly' when being used. I still think the map itself was nice and as it's creator I love it, I just think it failed as an MCSG map.

JakeKav

Survivor
Reaction score
I swear this map was finished a while ago. None the less, after the reincarnation of Hungry Hills (thanks @CaptainJS) and the development of this map almost over, I expect a couple a great maps being added the the MCSG servers in the short term. What you and our little team (mainly you) has done with this map is amazing. Hopefully we can receive some submissions to improve this map even more! Maybe you'll even have a mention in it.

Ninetailefox92

District 13
Reaction score
it would be really cool to do an island for this, but would you be up for turning it into a schematic if you liked it? since I am clueless with MCedit

OliBear

Experienced
Reaction score
it would be really cool to do an island for this, but would you be up for turning it into a schematic if you liked it? since I am clueless with MCedit
No problem! I don't mind! As long as you make sure it looks good! :)
We really just need islands and airships now. But not a lot of people seem to be replying to this post. Maybe it's posted in the wrong thread? Anyway, it'd be absolutely great if you could make an island, if you have any friend that might want to get involved please tell them. Especially if they're good at making airships.

Ninetailefox92

District 13
Reaction score
No problem! I don't mind! As long as you make sure it looks good! :)
We really just need islands and airships now. But not a lot of people seem to be replying to this post. Maybe it's posted in the wrong thread? Anyway, it'd be absolutely great if you could make an island, if you have any friend that might want to get involved please tell them. Especially if they're good at making airships.
I will harass my team to make an input, its always good to help the community :) what colour scheme do you want?

OliBear

Experienced
Reaction score
Well basically any airship would want to be made out of wood in a pirate ship kind of style, but with sail wings (Well that's what we'd prefer anyway).
And then all have left to do is little islands with small buildings on. Such as a windmill, preferably also made out of wood. Use whatever colour scheme you want, at the end of the day if we think the colour doesn't match the map we can always simply change it. :)
Thank you again, btw. If you want I can show you what the map looks like to help you. I'll pm you my Skype. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci