• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

new command

Should it be implemented?

• Yes!

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • No!

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

MrNoisyKidd

Platinum
Reaction score
I'm not 100% sure if this command already exists. /warn command should be implemented, for example if you report someone for spamming (I don't really know what happens to them if they get muted or...) but this would give the user 3 warnings before they would be muted either permanently or temporally. This also comes with a command /showwarnings (IGN) and if they have 3 warnings staff members could temp or permanently mute them (really depends what they're muted for)

Etos

Experienced
Reaction score
I mean, this would be abused very badly, you could just get mad at someone and /warn them 3 times so they get muted.

MrNoisyKidd

Platinum
Reaction score
Well as a moderator you are trusted, so I do not believe they would abuse this command. Also saying they may abuse it is basically saying they just go into games and /mute random people for no reason.

Etos

Experienced
Reaction score
You never really stated it was moderators who had this command, I thought everyone had it.

J

District 13
Reaction score
Same here, I thought everyone was able to use the command, but if this does get implemented, this can help moderators keep track of previous users who have spammed or flooded the chat before.

Nephilim

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I like your suggestions and appreciate it that you are thinking of ways we could improve our current system, but I don't really see the need for it as of now.

You stated first that this warn system would be based of the /report command, and therefore mainly focused on the community players, rather than the staff. And if a staff member sees someone spamming, then you won't hear them again 10 seconds later. Now as mentioned above, this could very easily be abused. It would only take 1 person with bad intentions, and 2 of his friends to get someone unfairly muted. Which we want to avoid at all costs.

Honestly, the best solution for whenever you see someone spamming in chat, and there isn't a member of staff around, is to let them do it a few times until you were able to catch enough evidence within 1 or a few screenshots. And then afterwards, submit a report abuse on the forums here: http://report.mcgamer.info.

Lastly, thread moved to the Feature Suggestions Section.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci