• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

New items for more fun in SG!

Mr_Bari_99

Diamond
Reaction score
While Survival Games is very fun and will just about never get old, I have an idea to add some more fun to it!
Is it possible that we could add items like cobwebs and tn't as seen on the Hive?
Yes, I admit to playing on the Hive every now and again. Although, the reason is because of the cobwebs and tn't. I have found that for me they are some added fun with extra secondaries.
If they were put in I guess cobwebs could be in tier 1's and tn't in tier 2's.
Arrow trails and battle cries are very good too.

~Mr_Bari_99

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Well, we won't be taking ideas straight from the Hive Survival Games if we do end up doing this, but I like where you're going with it!

I don't know if you were around when we did this, but there was a Chest Update of sorts, where cobwebs and TNT were in rare Tier 3 chests along with diamond helmets and boots. Unfortunately, most people didn't like it so we never went through with implementing the Chest Update permanently but with the right support behind it, something like this could go a long way.

Mr_Bari_99

Diamond
Reaction score
Well, we won't be taking ideas straight from the Hive Survival Games if we do end up doing this, but I like where you're going with it!

I don't know if you were around when we did this, but there was a Chest Update of sorts, where cobwebs and TNT were in rare Tier 3 chests along with diamond helmets and boots. Unfortunately, most people didn't like it so we never went through with implementing the Chest Update permanently but with the right support behind it, something like this could go a long way.
Alright thank you for the quick reply! I wasn't around for that although to me the only reason I wouldn't like that update is the fact that the cobwebs and tn't are so rare and that there were also diamond boots and helmets. Thanks again!

Spitzify

Career
Reaction score
I like they way MCSG does it's SG. Adding stuff like that kind like TNT and cobwebs is more of the Hive and Nexus' thing.

Braden

District 13
Reaction score
Copying other server's already implemented ideas and gameplay features isn't really a smart thing to do. It just helps us lose our identity and assimilate with all the kind of servers where SG isn't the main game type.

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I like the idea of more secondaries, but MCSG is revolved around the real Hunger Games. Heck, even the fishing rod is technically found in a real HG, even though the common strategy with it is a bit ridiculous. :)

There are two issues with adding these types of items.

1) They're not always fun. Cobwebs could be severely abused with a tryhard community like ours, and I doubt TNT would be much better. Sorting your inventory becomes harder, and if you want everything in your hotbar, you'll have:
a sword; a rod; a bow; an FnS; cobwebs; TNT; golden apples; food; arrows.

That's 6 slots just for weapons, and if you want more food, an extra FnS, or a boat, you don't have enough room to be at full potential.

2) We like our originality. If MCG decided to start changing everything to suit what people wanted, this game would be much easier. One of the signature traits of our SG is us "sticking to the books" and keeping things based mostly on skill. Here, the better player will win often. On servers like the Hive, one lucky use of a secondary can lead to a noob winning the Survival Games with very little work put in.

For these reasons, I doubt that this would become a feature anytime soon. But it's all a matter of what you like. One of the best parts of servers is that they're not all alike, and that lets you choose what is most fun for yourself. I wish you luck in your Minecraft days!

Beardy

District 13
Reaction score
Gotta reimplement bones. We can dye our leather armor to look iron again.

Mr_Bari_99

Diamond
Reaction score
Idk about you but running into/jumping into a cobweb on the Hive makes me want to shoot a baby kangaroo.
I know how you feel. For me it just seems their would be a more positive than a negative. Thank for the feedback!:D

Mr_Bari_99

Diamond
Reaction score
Tbh I really hate all those extra things that the Hive and Nexus have. That is the reason why I choose to play on MCGamer. If you like those kinds of things, go to those kinds of servers..
Alright I understand. And I don't really play on those servers much due to my ping, my unfamiliarity with the community, and tbh I just don't really care for the server.
But thanks for the feedback!

J

District 13
Reaction score
I wouldn't really like it at all because we would be more of a server known for copying Hive, Nexus, etc. MCGamer should keep its originality for SG, however, I would love to see if they can implement bones again so that players are able to make it look like they have iron armor when in reality, they have leather :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci