• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

New MCSG 24 Player Map "IVORY VALLEY"

Status
Not open for further replies.

WingsNThings

Tribute
Reaction score
Since I have Now completed my first map ( http://www.mcgamer.net/threads/forgotten-civilization-a-map-for-24-players-wip.176176/ HYPE!!!) I started to work on my second map, my second map is set in a rural north African town in which many animals such as elephants,lions,rhino,zebra,and giraffe. This land was found by the capitol, and was researched on, and was found to be home to a bloody, yet relatively unknown battle in world war I (of which some vehicles & buildings still remain).The local tribes sold the land over to the capitol to be re-purposed for the next HUNGER GAMES!!!!!

Screenshots as of 4/21/15
Corn:

Custom tree:

Early stage terraforming:

Lion resting in the shade of a tree:

Screenshots Updated 4/22/15
Map overview so far

Updated corn, added bird flying overhead:

NEW STRUCTURES
Jeep:

Pond With elephant family getting a drink:

Screenshots Updated 4/22/14
Rhino & another new vehicle:

Map Overview:

Last edited:

WingsNThings

Tribute
Reaction score

Giver

Experienced
Reaction score
As in bare? Because I think i might add some large rocks to fill up the blank spaces in between, I just fear that I'll end up adding too much stuff, and my map will be bad for pvp. Thanks for the feedback anyways, ill try my best to fix the map. :)
In a way.. I think adding some "not so steep" terraforming and structures around the map would help. Just adding some smooth terraforming on the flat area will help add detail A LOT, and it still keeps the map great for pvp.
Good luck with this project!

Last edited:

J

District 13
Reaction score
You're definitely going in the right direction! A few tips to improve this map and make it look better and more interesting :D
  • If you do make vehicles, put them on roads but replace the usual road blocks with sand to make it fit more with the terrain.
  • Add some abandoned structures, makes it a lot more interesting to play on.
  • This map looks like it would be centered around Africa, Africa has lots of mountains and hills and so you want to make sure to incorporate that into your map!
  • Your grass seems like it was from bonemeal, I wouldn't recommend putting grass first as it can get in the way of some structures, and later in the future, you might want to customize it.
  • Maybe add some giraffes eating out of tall trees?
  • I might like to see some poachers. Maybe add another truck/jeep but put animals in a cage on that vehicle.
  • Also I would recommend to change some of the grass blocks and mix it with sand and regular dirt to make your map more flamboyant.
Sorry if this was long! I definitely see potential in it and this could 100% be added to MCSG if built correctly :D

WingsNThings

Tribute
Reaction score
You're definitely going in the right direction! A few tips to improve this map and make it look better and more interesting :D
  • If you do make vehicles, put them on roads but replace the usual road blocks with sand to make it fit more with the terrain.
  • Add some abandoned structures, makes it a lot more interesting to play on.
  • This map looks like it would be centered around Africa, Africa has lots of mountains and hills and so you want to make sure to incorporate that into your map!
  • Your grass seems like it was from bonemeal, I wouldn't recommend putting grass first as it can get in the way of some structures, and later in the future, you might want to customize it.
  • Maybe add some giraffes eating out of tall trees?
  • I might like to see some poachers. Maybe add another truck/jeep but put animals in a cage on that vehicle.
  • Also I would recommend to change some of the grass blocks and mix it with sand and regular dirt to make your map more flamboyant.
Sorry if this was long! I definitely see potential in it and this could 100% be added to MCSG if built correctly :D
THANKS FOR THE AMAZING FEEDBACK! Your recommendations are awesome, and I'll most definitely add some more stuff like what you've suggested :).

J

District 13
Reaction score
THANKS FOR THE AMAZING FEEDBACK! Your recommendations are awesome, and I'll most definitely add some more stuff like what you've suggested :).
No worries :D I definitely love the theme already and so I want to help you as much as possible as well :p

WingsNThings

Tribute
Reaction score
New photos, not too much progression of structures, but i have done a ton more terraforming

africanswallow

Platinum
Reaction score
New Thread Status: Locked

This thread is being moved and locked due to the map/idea not having any progression in a large span of time. If you need your thread to be reopened, PM a Staff member if this map/idea is still in the works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci