• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Not being able to apply for Moderator after banned

Should this happen?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LightAura

Platinum
Reaction score
Before we get into this, I want to say I am writing this on my phone, so if their is any mistakes, I will fix it.

Alright, so if you are not aware, if you get banned you are not aloud to apply for Staff for 9 months. I think this should be changed a bit. So, I think that if you get banned for 4+ months, the 9 month rule should stick. But, if you get banned for a certain amount of time under 4 months, the time you got banned should triple the time not being able to apply for Staff. This may get confusing, so let me demonstrate.

5 day ban=15 days of not being able to apply for Staff.
3 week ban=9 weeks of not being able to apply for Staff.
2 month ban=6 months of not being able to apply for Staff.

Now, let me use myself for an example. I got banned about 1 month ago for abuse, reasonable ban in my opinion, I deserved it. My ban duration was 4 days. In my opinion, not being able to apply for Staff for 9 months for a 4 day ban is a bit ridiculous. Yes, I do know higher ranked staff most likely hold the 9 month thing because they want to see if someone has matured after they got banned, most likely. Leave your opinions, and make sure to vote on the pole.

Thank you, and have a great day. - LightAura​

Vigilo

District 13
Reaction score
As you may have noticed if you took a look at out current ban table, there is no temporary ban that is longer than a week. So getting banned for 3 weeks or for 2 months is hardly possible.

Furthermore, you might understand that we don't want people in our staff team who have been hacking or abusing players (or doing whatever bannable offence) on our network. I personally don't get why poeple who have had a (for instance) 1 week ban, should be able to apply 3 weeks after it.

When people really really regret what they have done and are willing to wait 9 months for the position, I think that they shoud be able to apply. Definitely not earlier than that.

TheMangoTiger

Platinum
Reaction score
The rule used to be that if you had been banned ever, regardless of the length, then you couldn't apply at all... no exceptions. I'm glad that they changed it ( and honestly 9 months doesn't seem long enough to me xD ) because we wouldn't have some of our best mods now c:

I know of a couple of very rare expections where people have become moderators despite having a temp ban within the last 9 months.... I guess it's possible if you really prove yourself ??

LightAura

Platinum
Reaction score
The rule used to be that if you had been banned ever, regardless of the length, then you couldn't apply at all... no exceptions. I'm glad that they changed it ( and honestly 9 months doesn't seem long enough to me xD ) because we wouldn't have some of our best mods now c:

I know of a couple of very rare expections where people have become moderators despite having a temp ban within the last 9 months.... I guess it's possible if you really prove yourself ??
I got banned, and I matured a lot. I was having a very bad day that day I got banned, so for some reason I decided to take it out on harmless MCGamer players.

Yannick

District 13
Reaction score
Like Vigilo said.
The reason we have this rule is because we don't want people to be part of the staff team that have done something that resulted in them getting a ban.

Being part of the staff team, people look up to you. You are setting an example for the players playing on MCGamer. If you are known as someone that has been breaking the rules, thats not setting a nice example for everyone.

Its just like if a moderator, or any staff member for that matter, would be breaking the rules they will be demoted and will have to wait a certain amount of time to apply again.

We have the rule that you have to wait 9 months without getting any punishments to proof that you are mature enough to be a staff member here at MCGamer.

I hope you understand what I'm saying..

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
If a user is banned for any violation of rules, it is a serious matter. All of our rules are important and breaking them results in punishment, this also includes the inability to apply for a staff position. Luckily, there has been a policy allowing previously banned players to apply 9 months after their ban which I believe should honestly still be a year wait.

People may regret their mistakes deeply, but they really shouldn't have made them in the first place. As stated before, players have been able to prove themselves and be able to successfully apply for staff following their bans, so keep an open mind!

Braden

District 13
Reaction score
First off, the whole "three times the punishment length" is way too little. An abuse or racism offense is at least a 3 day punishment, which would mean you would have to wait 9 days before being able to apply for a staff position after just getting punished for abusing a player. Our staff members are held to much higher standards than that. Along with that, we don't have any punishments going over a month that aren't permanent so it would be cutting the 9 months way too much. If there needs to be a change to it (which I highly doubt there would be) it would need to be a much longer wait time.

Our staff already gets a lot of flak. Could you imagine if we had someone who is known for abusing players become a moderator in less than a month of being banned? I know it would make previously banned players with hopes of becoming a staff member ecstatic, but I can't see our current policy being changed.

Joey

Staffing Team Lead
Reaction score
What these guys said above me is quite correct.

The Staff Members of this server are held to a high standard, and every single one of them is exceptional at what they do. The wait time, though it may seem rather long, allows someone to turn themselves around, prove that they are deserving of the rank, and show their true dedication. I can think of several Moderators off of the top of my head that have shown this immense amount of dedication.

I understand that you are frustrated about the amount of time that you have to wait before you can apply as a staff member, but it is honestly fair. As Braden said:
Could you imagine if we had someone who is known for abusing players become a moderator in less than a month of being banned?
It would not be well received in the least, and a 9 day wait would not be nearly enough to prove yourself.

Braden

District 13
Reaction score
Also, keep in mind that the longest the wait time would be with the system you proposed would be 3 weeks.

Cole

Platinum
Reaction score
Well, i believe this thread is ready to be locked as the idea has some false things in it, such as a 3 weeks ban being impossible. And not a chance that someone using racist remarks should be allowed to apply after being banned, for 9 day.

It is WAYYYYY to loose, and their is no reason to do this, as anyone who TRULY wants mod will be willing to wait, and maybe even get a head start by editing and revising their application during their ban period.

Asking fro thread lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci