• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Older maps

jerffy

Experienced
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm kind of new to the forums, but I'd like to discuss about older maps such as survival games 1 and survival games 2.

Having been a player since 2013, I've played this map countless of times and I've learnt a route on it. However what I have realised is that these old maps are heavily route based-if you don't know where any chests are, you're bound to find next to no chests. In SG1, there's only a few places with chests, and by that it means literally only those few places have chests-the rest of the map is empty.

What I'd like to propose is to revamp these old maps so that there are more scattered chests like the new maps. I know older players may not really like it, but I feel that it could really improve the experience of newer players and encourage them to stay for more competitive games.

I don't know if my suggestion could be considered, I'm appreciative of all feedback :)

Aidan

Platinum
Reaction score
That is a great idea! Making a Survival Games 1 Revamped and Survival Games 2 Revamped could make many of the new players that are used to maps such as SG4 or VU like the maps more. One reason why so many people hate Survival Games 1 is because of the lack of central chests and revamping it could make more and more people like it :p

Filko

Spectator
Reaction score
I feel that this would be very beneficial to everyone in the server in general as it makes it more fair with the chests scattered around more and not concentrated in one area. Great idea :).

TheMangoTiger

Platinum
Reaction score
nooo pls don't change them ;-;
I see where you're coming from but there are plenty of other maps that are full of chests. Sg1 2 and 3 actually require knowledge of the maps and are more about the survival rather than the pvp which I personally prefer. There's only 3 of these maps compared to the 30 or 40 maps where everyone gets full iron.

Gule

District 13
Reaction score
We revamped Holiday Resort v2 i guess that's a old map.

Crinkle

Platinum
Reaction score
nooo pls don't change them ;-;
I see where you're coming from but there are plenty of other maps that are full of chests. Sg1 2 and 3 actually require knowledge of the maps and are more about the survival rather than the pvp which I personally prefer. There's only 3 of these maps compared to the 30 or 40 maps where everyone gets full iron.
Revamping a map doesn't always mean the first version needs to be replaced, does it? :eek:

Kellyys

District 13
Reaction score
From what I can say, they purposely put not many chest in those maps to make it like the Hunger Games, struggle to survive and kill people for resources. This makes it just like the original Hunger Games. Not saying I'm a fan of these old maps, because I'm not. What I usually would do is find a server and if it doesn't have a map that I am comfortable playing, I /hub

Disingenuous

Platinum
Reaction score
I'd love to see some of these older maps revamped. I already love SG2 for example, but there are only really 2 main routes on it. I think it would add more competition to the older maps too, with more opportunities to get more gear.

mikag35

Gold
Reaction score
Why haven't they changed the name of Survival Games to PvP Games yet? Seriously, doing that would take all of the skill out of playing on those maps (which is why I enjoy playing them). Newer maps have chests that are everywhere and are easy to find and completely take the "Survival" out of Survival Games. The community literally wants skill to be taken out of the game. I don't understand.

I wouldn't mind the map getting revamped with newer blocks and such, as long as it didn't make it so that there's tons of chests.

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
I would also like to see the older maps get revamped, simply due to the higher standards we have acquired over the years. I'll use this analogy to give you an idea of where I'm coming from:

Let's assume a reality where it is 2015, and Variede's first survival games map was not released. He is a humble map maker and just completed his first map and wants to share it with the community. He makes a thread, and posts all kinds of screenshots and the necessary information. What do you think people would respond with?
- Too much water, annoying water chases
- Too much forest
- Not enough structures
- Structures lack detail
- General theme is not prevalent
- Some elements are out of place
- Outdated blocks
The list goes on. Ultimately, the community suggests young Variede to continue working on the map of his, but at the time being, it doesn't really have a chance of being accepted onto the network. And in our timeline, his maps are left untouched for years. I understand his maps are "ancient relics", but many new players simply couldn't care less, and I believe a...lacking map like SG1 would give us a bad reputation when compared to spectacular newer additions like La Broncanterie.

jerffy

Experienced
Reaction score
Why haven't they changed the name of Survival Games to PvP Games yet? Seriously, doing that would take all of the skill out of playing on those maps (which is why I enjoy playing them). Newer maps have chests that are everywhere and are easy to find and completely take the "Survival" out of Survival Games. The community literally wants skill to be taken out of the game. I don't understand.

I wouldn't mind the map getting revamped with newer blocks and such, as long as it didn't make it so that there's tons of chests.
What I meant isn't to add tons of chests, rather to scatter more chests around the map rather than to concentrate like 10 chests in just one area which is evident in survival games 1 and 2. This makes the game a little more fair for newer players who aren't experienced, and encourages them to stay.

Newer maps do have a lot of chests, however that's what tiering chests is for. With tiering of chests, it requires either map knowledge or pure skill to get stacked. If a person doesn't have map knowledge, but he has skill, he can kill someone with map knowledge but no skill. This is due to the fact that there are tier 1 chests which give leather stuff and bad weapons. With the scarcity of tier one chests in oldern maps, players with map knowledge have 0 chance in winning the game.

Scattering more chests around the map wouldn't take "skill" out of the game, it simply gives more of a fair chance. I really like survival games 2, but the fact that the only few chests are all concentrated in one area makes it really unfair especially when there is a team, they're bound to win for sure.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci