• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Opinions on PC build

Creepah

Career
Reaction score
Hey!

So I've recently come into some money and now have enough to build a custom PC! Excitement!

But I need your (forumers with computer building experience) opinions on my current build before I start ordering parts, which I am very eager to start doing. Here is the link to my parts list: Click me!

I also thought it'd be good for those just having a look to see a screenshot of the list:

So, any suggestions?

- Is the build unbalanced or poorly thought-out?
- Any improvements on price without major performance sacrifice?
- Other recommendations?

Please note: All prices and availability is for New Zealand and is in NZD. The availability and prices will likely differ to that of US or UK prices. Keep this in mind please!

Thank you!

J

District 13
Reaction score
Come into some money.....gosh, I can't even save 20 US dollars.

Zethiz

Quantum
Reaction score
Looking decent, myself would try to get about 300 bux more and go for a better GPU , what games are you playing?

M3rsh

Experienced
Reaction score
General rule -- Always spend more money on your GPU than your CPU :)

Also, cheap OSes can be found on the /r/microsoftsoftwareswap subreddit.

gizmobrick

Experienced
Reaction score
This build looks good, but I would change some things if I were you.

First, you have chosen to pair a Z97 motherboard with a CPU which cannot be overlocked. Spending extra on a Z97 motherboard (over an H97 board) is pointless as the only main benefit to getting a Z series motherboard is the ability to overclock the CPU/RAM. Also I would ditch the CPU cooler as the only way you would benefit from it would be if you decided to overclock your CPU. The Hyper 212 Evo is a great choice if you have an overclockable CPU, but it's not necessary with your configuration.

My recommendation would be either to get an H97 board and skip the Hyper 212 Evo, or get the 4690K, which is a CPU that can be overclocked, and stick with the rest of your configuration.

I also want to mention one more thing which is your choice in graphics cards. The 750ti is a great card for the price and is in fact the card that I have. If you are only planning on playing Minecraft, then this is a good choice; however, it's not the best if you want to play graphically intensive games. If you want to play more graphically intensive games then I would go with a cheaper CPU and a higher end GPU to get the most for your money.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci