• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Our new deathmatch, your thoughts!

Do you like this new setup?

• Yes (Please explain below)

Votes: 116 55.2%
  • No (Please explain below)

Votes: 94 44.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
2012-07-19_19.08.37.png

It seems people have been majority loving the new way we end the games as we just modified some parts of the game to make it. We have been hearing out our members based on how long the games were lasting, so we set up a new DM with a new timer system that seems to be majority in favor:

24 Tribute Games:
20 minutes long
Deathmatch triggers at 3 tributes remaining and lasts 5 minutes.

48 Tribute Games:
40 minutes long
Deathmatch triggers at 6 tributes remaining and lasts 5 minutes.

120 Tribute Games:
60 minutes long
Deathmatch triggers at 12 tributes remaining and lasts 5 minutes.

The new sand system helps to make sure we will always have a winner because we saw based on peoples complaints. What tributes do at the end is they will run and run in circles so you will never catch them. Thus making a game impossible to run as ruins it for the players. However, with this new DM, we are noticing people are experiencing more client related lag. Do you like this system? Share your thoughts below.

Attachments

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Having games lasting a long time was our number 1 complaint we have been seeing. Yes we had everything as an hour but it seems within the first 15 minutes, more then 50% of the people are already eliminated.

EnderCow1

Spectator
Reaction score
Although I love the new deathmatch, I think you should set it back to 1 hour for 24 servers. It is too small a time to have any fun in this game. I am going to have to say, no.

hillbillyc

Tribute
Reaction score
the complaints were from people who didnt like man hunting down in maps... the short time thing makes games worse, because there is only 1 chest refill :|. again, its too short.

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah I can see that being in issue with the 24 slots on only having the chests refill once, but it seems an hour was a little too much? Possibly there is another sweet spot in times we can find that has a good balance.

Hawk62

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I honestly think that the 24 player games are way too short. They need to be at least 40mins. I love the arena and think it's super nice but it lags way too much for me and I can't really fight at all :(

Tinyoneo

Survivor
Reaction score
I think 20 minutes is kind of short. I mean, people don't have much freedom and time to set things up and go to their chest routes and explore while figuring out puzzles. I think at least 30-40 minutes is good enough. I do like the new deathmatch though.

Porter Morgan

Spectator
Reaction score
i love the new system. it keeps the rounds nice and short. (as a side note, i hate how the servers restart after every round! you should make it restart every 5 rounds. i liked it with no restarts best but i know you cant do that so at least do this.)

i vote yes! but make the 24 player 30 min please.
and i agree with rae

Bloodbred

Tribute
Reaction score
I like the sand falling trap concept, It gets annoying when I'm in the last three, and I have to chase a guy with leather armor- Meanwhile, a guy with the same equipment is running behind me and killing me. Hopefully this gets rid of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci