• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Our new deathmatch, your thoughts!

Do you like this new setup?

• Yes (Please explain below)

Votes: 116 55.2%
  • No (Please explain below)

Votes: 94 44.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eaglesfan97

Tribute
Reaction score
I am okay with the shortness of the survival games, but the death match has become extremly laggy. With the falling sand and the ability to see the spectators, I get about 2 FPS during the deathmatch, and either lag and get killed immediately, or I end up lagging out and falling in the lava. If there was someway to make it so that the FPS could go up during the deathmatch, I would love the new set up.

JjPwN1

Tribute
Reaction score
30 minute 24 player game, 50 minute 48 player game, 1 hour 120 player game. Seems quite reasonable to me. Also, the new deathmatch is amazing, I love it!

LegendaryBrick

Spectator
Reaction score
The new setup is perfect. I agree with all the new changes and think it brings a larger challenge/prize to death-matches. I see it as a "Bigger" reward to get to DM and have the pleasure of playing and seeing all the specs cheer you on while you have 2,5 ,11 other opponents to take on. The only thing that could be changed is the 24 tribute time limit. 20 minutes is a bit too short but something like 30 minutes would be enough to enjoy the game since 24 tributes games usually favor map 1 where there are wolves and other things that take time to achieve in the game. Great Job!

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Seems like making the 24 Tribute games round times longer is a majority opinion. We will adjust that later tonight to a longer time. Chests reset every night 1 time every 20 minute cycle, so 40 minutes mean the chests will reset at least 2 times. So about this:

24 Tribute Games:
40 minutes long (Change)
Deathmatch triggers at 3 tributes remaining and lasts 5 minutes.

48 Tribute Games:
40 minutes long
Deathmatch triggers at 6 tributes remaining and lasts 5 minutes.

120 Tribute Games:
60 minutes long
Deathmatch triggers at 12 tributes remaining and lasts 5 minutes.

Reaction score
I love all of it. Much better time-wise, and the people lagging when the sand falls, not sure what to say...although if it's the lag where you can't move, and you keep getting teleported back to the same spot, then try shifting. usually works. or jump in water for a while.

Reaction score
Please mak
Seems like making the 24 Tribute games round times longer is a majority opinion. We will adjust that later tonight to a longer time. Chests reset every night 1 time every 20 minute cycle, so 40 minutes mean the chests will reset at least 2 times. So about this:

24 Tribute Games:
40 minutes long (Change)
Deathmatch triggers at 3 tributes remaining and lasts 5 minutes.

48 Tribute Games:
40 minutes long
Deathmatch triggers at 6 tributes remaining and lasts 5 minutes.

120 Tribute Games:
60 minutes long
Deathmatch triggers at 12 tributes remaining and lasts 5 minutes.
I suggest 30...just imo

hillbillyc

Tribute
Reaction score
oh my gosh that would be amazing chad! thank you for listening!! when will this be put in place? :eek:

DAL_9000

Platinum
Reaction score
I do enjoy the new setup, and I love the lengths of the games. It gives a more crazy fast-paced feeling as players rush for the chests they know and prepare for the arena death match. Maybe the 24 slot time is a bit short, I'm thinking somewhere around 30-35 minutes for that. And as for the client-side lag, I'm guessing most of the lag comes from all the lava underneath, so maybe get rid of the lava in exchange for a void hole? Same results, but less lag, and maybe get rid of the fire on the pillars as it's kind of loud and the animations of all the different fires may cause lag for lesser laptops and whatnot.

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Or we just go back to an hour for all games, but that to me seemed way too long. As for the client lag, mooman is looking into improving the client's experiences

hillbillyc

Tribute
Reaction score
i honestly like the hour idea. the longer, the better. it makes games count for something.

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Again please keep posting your thoughts on this, I am loving the debates as we want to do what the community would like to see. This change was done thinking this is what you all wanted, but obviously not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci