• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Performance Room?

Kennyrulez

Diamond
Reaction score
Hai der MCG community!

I'm coming back to the community corner! :D (Yeeeeeey) with an idea of mine.
On the Teamspeak server I think a room named the "Performance Room" would be quite a good idea and I believe it would get used. It could just be a room where you can go an perform (Play an instrument, sing or whatever you feel like! :p) I understand this is pretty much OMN just 24/7 and it would need co-operation from the users in the channel so there aren't like 10 people at once all trying to do something but overall I believe it could work and the community would enjoy something like it.

As a 'musician' (lel not really the word to describe my music) I would definitely enjoy just going into the room and playing some songs on my guitar or ukulele just for some fun!

Reply with your opinions on this, I want to see what peoples reaction to this is! :)
If it gets good response maybe the staff team could talk about adding this in!

Blazerboy | Noah

District 13
Reaction score
i'd like this. i practice at least once a day and it would be interesting if anyone wanted to listen since i usually practice alone.

The_Man

Career
Reaction score
i'd like this. i practice at least once a day and it would be interesting if anyone wanted to listen since i usually practice alone.
I wish I would practice, somehow I'm the fifth best at my high school and I'm a freshmen. I never practice for stuff though. i wonder how I would sound if I did >.>

PS NOT TRYING TO BE COKY

masond123

Platinum
Reaction score
Although this sounds like a good idea, I believe it would create many new issues for the Moderators to resolve. These days, many songs have swear words or other profanity in them, both of which are not tolerated on the MCGamer servers or Teamspeak. Also, if two people were in the channel at the same time and both wanted to play, this could spark debates which would also cause staff intervention.
All in all, it's not like we wouldn't be willing to put in a little extra work for this channel, but I just think it would create more problems than it's worth.

Giggity69Goo

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I would love this
Although this sounds like a good idea, I believe it would create many new issues for the Moderators to resolve. These days, many songs have swear words or other profanity in them, both of which are not tolerated on the MCGamer servers or Teamspeak. Also, if two people were in the channel at the same time and both wanted to play, this could spark debates which would also cause staff intervention.
All in all, it's not like we wouldn't be willing to put in a little extra work for this channel, but I just think it would create more problems than it's worth.
I'm sure other mods would love this as well and not be bothered by checking on the musicians from time to time. Then again we can always just poke mods saying "Please come down, there are trollers" and they can come right down :)

Kennyrulez

Diamond
Reaction score
I do see your point, its extremely valid an as I said this idea would require loads of co-operation from the community to work as obviously 2 people would want to play at the same time but I do believe it should maybe at least be trialed as so far there has only been positive feedback. :)

masond123

Platinum
Reaction score
I do see your point, its extremely valid an as I said this idea would require loads of co-operation from the community to work as obviously 2 people would want to play at the same time but I do believe it should maybe at least be trialed as so far there has only been positive feedback. :)
I'll bring the idea up with other Staff Members.

Diar

District 13
Reaction score
it would require 24/7 moderation, which just won't be possible especially once school starts again

Moose

Platinum
Reaction score
If this was actually a thing, I think it would take away from OMN. It wouldn't make it as special as it is. It's hard to explain, or get it out of my brain. But it just would be pointless to have OMN in my opinion, hopefully you can get what I am trying to portray.

Giggity69Goo

Mockingjay
Reaction score
If this was actually a thing, I think it would take away from OMN. It wouldn't make it as special as it is. It's hard to explain, or get it out of my brain. But it just would be pointless to have OMN in my opinion, hopefully you can get what I am trying to portray.
We don't really have OMN now. There's only an EU OMN and that's like once every two weeks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci