• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Planning a Map

What styled map should I make?

• A Futuristic City

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A Modern City

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • A Modern Suburb

• A Desert Settlement

• A Map Based Off of a City in ESV: Skyrim

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A Medieval/Nordic CIty or Settlement

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • A Pompeii-based Map

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Something Else (Comment below)

• Total voters

BAGHRB

Career
Reaction score
So I've recently picked up some inspiration to create a map, and I've made a few ideas that haven't been used much, or at all. If you think that one of my ideas already has a representation on the MCGamer Network, feel free to let me know, and state how you think I should change it and make it completely different.

Here are the following ideas I've thought of so far and feel free to list your own below:

Futuristic City: I know, TSG3 is exactly what you think of when hearing this. But think of this -
In the late 2700s, a crisis is beginning, other worlds have sent scouts, and we are beginning to pose a threat. Supplies must be sent to the stations and loaded for the journey ahead: intergalactic war. Once a poverty-stricken network of slums, Fortinuras is now a supply and transport line for the Camonetian Republic. The city is filled with factories, futuristic trains and subways, high-class residential areas, hangars and docks for the spaceships, and a variety of newly-designed boats.
Modern City: A well laid-out city in Virginia has existed for 100 years now. Today is the day that marks the centennial anniversary of its completion. Dovender was named after the founder of the city Mark O. Dovendare. The city makes money off of the two rival mines located at each end of the city, where there are large deposits of coal. The coal is then shipped up the River Beantel to other cities surrounding it. Ships come and go, so the harbor is a huge part of the city, taking up most of the space there. Residential areas, shops, and the Mayor's house can also be found and accessed.
Modern Suburb: A suburb in modern Poland is on the site of a long forgotten battle. The suburb has been forgotten by the rest of the world, making it secluded to others not familiar with its history. Now smaller than it was before, the suburb is facing rural decline at its finest. Shops and houses are being abandoned, people flee to the cities in search of work and a better life. Though some leave, many remain, and refuse to let their historical town be forgotten - lost to the ages.
A Desert Settlement: A small gathering of huts has transformed from the plot of an extended family, to a small village. There is much to do here, as the village is independent from the neighboring cities. They grow their own food, make their own clothes, and build their own homes. This ancient village has now turned into a miracle - the poor turning few huts into a thriving village.
Skyrim City: I'm willing to make any city in Skyrim, please tell me which one if you would like to see something like this on the servers.
Medieval/Nordic Settlement: The Vikings have lost battles, too many, and need to build a town to stabilize their needs for invasion. Dejorkuun has been built as a supply line for the Nords. It is built around many mountains, with access to the river that connects the Vikings back to Sea. It is small enough to be concealed and not susceptible to spies, yet large enough to suit the Vikings' need of immediate supplies.
Pompeii: In a time before the eruption which changed the world, Pompeii was a thriving city in the Roman Empire. Miles from the site of the settlement, a mountain looms over the townspeople. Little do they know, that mountain would change their lives. (I want to make something so that lava flows down every couple of minutes, if this is possible and you would like to help build it, please PM me on these forums!)

Thanks for reading and the help you have given me!

BAGHRB

Career
Reaction score
Nice stories, I really love the futuristic city ideas! :)
Do you think it's too much like Teweran Survival Games 3? I think the worst maps come from ideas that have been copied, so I DEFINITELY want to have as original an idea as possible.

Reaction score
Do you think it's too much like Teweran Survival Games 3? I think the worst maps come from ideas that have been copied, so I DEFINITELY want to have as original an idea as possible.
If you want something original, I think you should do something midevil, there are more modern, than midieval maps I guess.

Last edited:

BAGHRB

Career
Reaction score
If you want something original, I think you should do something midevil, there are more modern, than midevil maps I guess.
So what do you think: one from Skyrim or a custom Nordic or European settlement? I DEFINITELY want to be original, so I'll do a medieval map.

Zauron

Survivor
Reaction score
Solitude from ESV: Skyrim.
Edit: 200th Post, o:

TotalDramaTony

District 13
Reaction score
Thread Status: Locked

This thread is being moved and locked due to the map/idea not having any progression after 3 months.. If you need your thread to be reopened, PM a Staff member if this map/idea is still in the works.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci