• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Poll: If MCSG put more servers globally?

Vote for the location would like MCSG to add servers in:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Anyway, seriously I'm going to make a detailed post explaining why AU needs some actual servers.

Dear ChadTheDJ subv3rsion (Potato) and every other single member of the community.

This is mainly aimed at Americans and Europeans, who seem to be in demand for more servers, my question is this.

You have 40 (Soon to be 50) servers each, they are hosted in the actual area of the country they're hosted in. Before you say 'Compared to us Australia is pretty small...' think about it this way, the AU servers are the only servers hosted in the southern hemisphere. (I think) but regardless, due to that logic. We basically have Asian players, Malaysians, Singaporeans and all that. You may not think we're big, but we do have alot of players.

Anyway, the majority of the AU community is Australian, NOT ASIAN, NOT SINGAPOREAN. So surely they should be hosted in Australia, and yeah.. That's all I really need to say for that part.

Australia, owns a large percentage of Minecraft players. And we have 1/4 (Soon to be 1/5) of the other servers?!?! I mean, seriously. Wut

I understand, Australia may cost more money than other servers to host, but seriously. America and Europe basically have 30 (Soon to be 40) more servers than us, what does Australia have? Oh yeah, 12 SINGAPOREAN servers, not cool.

Even players from other regions have recognized our need, but it seems Chad does not want to simply change hosting company to Australia. I've heard rumours Chad found a good Australian hosting company, cool. How about switching over?

MineZ, Ghostcraft and other large communities have servers hosted in Australia, but oh wait. MCSG is the biggest Minecraft community in the world, but hey they can only give us Singaporean servers right? Wrong, I personally believe MCSG could host servers in Australia, what's holding them back? Cost, They're too poor, No one could care if Australia was nuked? Any of these reasons could be possible, but the only reason they've gave is.

'To costly, not happening, EVER'

Oh, Chad opened a poll for more servers and hosting, oh sweet! Actual Australian servers! Oh golly gosh! Actually in Australia! Hooray for Chad.

Nope, false hope. We even won the poll (Excluding space) and no 'Oh yeah, you guys are so cool, we'll bring out your servers soon!' All we've had is, CHAD CAN WE HAVE AU SERVERS IN AU NOW?

Chad:

Us: PLEASE? C:

Chad:

We've been stuck clueless here, we honestly have no idea and estimate when we'll have what we won, and we fought for. Australian servers.

So please, please listen to my plea, I'm sick and tired of 'OMG WTF I GET SO MUCH LAG OMG MCSG SUKS NOW, MY 1MS IS NOW 10MS :mad:' Cool, we've been having to deal for 1000MS on good days.

Chad, Sub, Admins, Sr Mods, Mods, anyone, please.

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Anyway, seriously I'm going to make a detailed post explaining why AU needs some actual servers.

Dear ChadTheDJ subv3rsion (Potato) and every other single member of the community.

This is mainly aimed at Americans and Europeans, who seem to be in demand for more servers, my question is this.

You have 40 (Soon to be 50) servers each, they are hosted in the actual area of the country they're hosted in. Before you say 'Compared to us Australia is pretty small...' think about it this way, the AU servers are the only servers hosted in the southern hemisphere. (I think) but regardless, due to that logic. We basically have Asian players, Malaysians, Singaporeans and all that. You may not think we're big, but we do have alot of players.

Anyway, the majority of the AU community is Australian, NOT ASIAN, NOT SINGAPOREAN. So surely they should be hosted in Australia, and yeah.. That's all I really need to say for that part.

Australia, owns a large percentage of Minecraft players. And we have 1/4 (Soon to be 1/5) of the other servers?!?! I mean, seriously. Wut

I understand, Australia may cost more money than other servers to host, but seriously. America and Europe basically have 30 (Soon to be 40) more servers than us, what does Australia have? Oh yeah, 12 SINGAPOREAN servers, not cool.

Even players from other regions have recognized our need, but it seems Chad does not want to simply change hosting company to Australia. I've heard rumours Chad found a good Australian hosting company, cool. How about switching over?

MineZ, Ghostcraft and other large communities have servers hosted in Australia, but oh wait. MCSG is the biggest Minecraft community in the world, but hey they can only give us Singaporean servers right? Wrong, I personally believe MCSG could host servers in Australia, what's holding them back? Cost, They're too poor, No one could care if Australia was nuked? Any of these reasons could be possible, but the only reason they've gave is.

Oh, Chad opened a poll for more servers and hosting, oh sweet! Actual Australian servers! Oh golly gosh! Actually in Australia! Hooray for Chad.

Nope, false hope. We even won the poll (Excluding space) and no 'Oh yeah, you guys are so cool, we'll bring out your servers soon!' All we've had is, CHAD CAN WE HAVE AU SERVERS IN AU NOW?

Chad:

Chad:

We've been stuck clueless here, we honestly have no idea and estimate when we'll have what we won, and we fought for. Australian servers.

So please, please listen to my plea, I'm sick and tired of 'OMG WTF I GET SO MUCH LAG OMG MCSG SUKS NOW, MY 1MS IS NOW 10MS :mad:' Cool, we've been having to deal for 1000MS on good days.

Meow.

L

Lululioness

Chad:

Chad:

I approve. Why can't Chad realise? Or actually kinda communicate with people who want to know (for example: Me and Darkrai) and anyways, WHY DOESN'T HE REALISE?!!!?!?!

Le0

District 13
Reaction score
Alright, the reason it's taking a while is because the hosting company that Chad & Sub were investigating have not replied yet. So pl0x, patience is lovely, and though we don't know when, it looks fairly damn certain that AU servers are on the horizon. We've waited 11 months already, we can survive a bit longer.

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Alright, the reason it's taking a while is because the hosting company that Chad & Sub were investigating have not replied yet. So pl0x, patience is lovely, and though we don't know when, it looks fairly damn certain that AU servers are on the horizon. We've waited 11 months already, we can survive a bit longer.
No we can't, I suffer from noauitis, a rare disease which is caused by not having AU servers.

subtato

District 13
Reaction score

Chad:

Chad:

There's a LOT more to the story than you actually think.

Our servers use at LEAST 6TB of bandwidth per month, a constant 20-40Mbit per second for each of the servers holding 25 servers each. These 25 servers will be generating an estimated 6.7TB of traffic per month, because it all reports to the API, which is based out of the United States.

Granted that the API traffic probably only accounts for 1-2TB of that, including player joins that fetch all related data to the player, that's still a LOT of bandwidth.

Now, have you seen your bandwidth limit? It's generally 20-40GB for a residential connection. The standard for an enterprise solution from a datacenter based in AU is 1 - 3TB (1024 - 3072 GB).

Bandwidth is the biggest problem, and we're trying to find a company that can accommodate our needs as a community.

In short, complaining doesn't make anything better, we're trying to find a company that suits our needs. The less complaining about how long it takes is the more time I have to research the companies. My time's already split enough between answering forum posts, answering support tickets at my hosting company, developing a few different plugins (MCSG and non-MCSG), developing new solutions for the world of hosting, and actually relaxing.

So please, actually read my post above. I'm tired of 'OMG CHAD NEVER LISTENS TO US OMG OMGOMG'

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
Lol at antarctica and space xD.

But yeah I feel like you will get a ton of players from asia servers... but omg chinese ppl pwn video games xD

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
There's a LOT more to the story than you actually think.

Our servers use at LEAST 6TB of bandwidth per month, a constant 20-40Mbit per second for each of the servers holding 25 servers each. These 25 servers will be generating an estimated 6.7TB of traffic per month, because it all reports to the API, which is based out of the United States.

Granted that the API traffic probably only accounts for 1-2TB of that, including player joins that fetch all related data to the player, that's still a LOT of bandwidth.

Now, have you seen your bandwidth limit? It's generally 20-40GB for a residential connection. The standard for an enterprise solution from a datacenter based in AU is 1 - 3TB (1024 - 3072 GB).

Bandwidth is the biggest problem, and we're trying to find a company that can accommodate our needs as a community.

In short, complaining doesn't make anything better, we're trying to find a company that suits our needs. The less complaining about how long it takes is the more time I have to research the companies. My time's already split enough between answering forum posts, answering support tickets at my hosting company, developing a few different plugins (MCSG and non-MCSG), developing new solutions for the world of hosting, and actually relaxing.

So please, actually read my post above. I'm tired of 'OMG CHAD NEVER LISTENS TO US OMG OMGOMG'
This is just what I wanted, a straightforward answer.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci