• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Questions for you guys about Survival Games 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildman26

Tribute
Reaction score
1 I prefer map 2 as it has a larger area and it is easier to hide in also their are gifts for those who look carefully around the place. it also lends itself to some weaker players as their are natural obstacles that can be used to take down an opponent like really high buildings and the odd patch off lava

2 run away and fast! then look for chests all day avoiding anybody you see and maybe making a team with another weak player, then find a place to hide during the night and let the mobs attack the stronger players .

3 better equipment in the harder to find and get at chests, so that underdogs can have a chance at winning.

4 make it so like in the yogscast survival games their are pistons surrounded by glass and a chest with random items in it next to you (not items that would give you a massive advantage) also make it so the stuff in the cornucopia isn't the best to stop the people who camp getting the best gear ( so that resourceful players can find better gear away from the corn) this is also a problem for players like myself in australia and other countries further away from america and europe because the lag stops you getting anything at the start.

wildman26

Tribute
Reaction score
please make it so that if you dont get some of the stuff in the beginning you still have a chance at winning...
I COMPLETELY AGREE it is so annoying that the people who get stuff at the start always win either that or when people team to win that drives me NUTS. also you should make it so that the harder to get chests have better goodies. Like a jumping puzzle over lava so that only the skilled can get at it. or one with a crippling drop (not one that kills you but severely wounds you)

Ziggycuff

Spectator
Reaction score
1. What is your favorite map and why (in terms of gameplay)?
The second map, I seem to favor the more structural and attention to detail put into the second map, it makes spotting treasure and possible loot require more of a thought process.

2. What is your best tactic when you play (on both of the maps)?
There is usually a spot that i keep going to as soon as it starts (The pirate ship on SG1, and the Mausoleum in SG2)

3. Is there something you would like to be changed in the vanilla version of SG (on the map itself , not these servers)?
Now im not suggesting a city, but some more off beaten structures with a variety of space to explore could really spice up the first map. Keep the forest though, as the two maps are great in their own original ways.

4. Is there something you would like to be added to SG, and why?Random events that spice up the game, for example, there could be a chance that the ender dragon could spawn, along with Ghasts, or maybe a forest fire would start, or a cake can spawn in random locations briefly (With its location announced). Now I realize this could take some time to work out the coding, but it would really change the pace of the game if it were added.

Hysix

Spectator
Reaction score
1. What is your favorite map and why (in terms of gameplay)?I am still deciding this. Originally it was map 1, but now with the new items in the cornicopia but as far as I am aware no where else on the map, I'm finding it less enjoyable as teams become more powerful. On map 2 however I can now get to the hidden chests that have items that are just as good as the cornicopia, and I have a chance to beat out a team even though my performance suffers from such tall structures.

Run. Grab something if you can , then I run a route. I have one for each map. I'll keep doing it until I'm the best armored and geared, then attempt to hunt. If I see someone, always try to get an ambush in. I try not to randomly team, because the experience isn't quite as fun.
3. Is there something you would like to be changed in the vanilla version of SG (on the map itself , not these servers)?

I realize that map 2 was built on a superflat build, but I would like it if bones were useful like on map 1. Since you can't change biomes (I think), why not add spawn wolf eggs to chests as loot? You would still need bones to tame them. Also, more chests outside of the cornicopia should contain better loot. This would make the map much more balanced. I'm discussing map 1 and soon 3, because you did this with map 2.4. Is there something you would like to be added to SG, and why?Well the wolves change I mentioned above, and I know it has been mentioned but definitly more with enchanting. You should consider adding bottles of enchanting to chests, but NOT enchanted items.Make players work for their reward.You should also add several enchanting tables (probably two per map), but make them as hard to get to as the one on map 1. I thought that was a great addition. You shouldn't need to add bookshelves around them, because in 1.3 when it releases the new lowest value will be 8.Another idea is something with NPCs. Since trading is going to be a feature of 1.3, add emeralds to chests and villagers somewhere safe where zombies wouldn't slay them. Then you would have to gather emeralds from the chests in order to buy items from "sponsors". Now, you should make emeralds rare, and should probably keep in mind what villagers are added. Only one or two blacksmiths probably, as there is potential for diamond gear trades (although these are very expensive), but preists enchanting swords or chestsplates is nice too. I'm sure you could find a balance.

buildingartisin

Spectator
Reaction score
My favorite map was the first one because you would be able to avoid combat for some time otherwise you would most likely end up fighting with your fists and that would prove actual skill.

For your second question I would normaly end up getting an ally and then look in all of the middle chests for a sword then just kill all the people after the chests. After that I would have my ally stay at the chests and I would scout around the middle.

Third I would like houses that are more like an average minecrafter would build like a few furnaces or one along with a crafting table and about 2 double sized chests with a mine nearby. I do not want a huge city but a few towns would be nice.

Fourth and last it would be nice to have something that could stop a chase like a checkpoint where you could activate iron doors and leave the chaser behind as long as you keep running.

VVirus

Spectator
Reaction score
1. Survival Games 1, its simple and easier for new players and usually faster than SG 2.

2. Run for the chest outside the corn, for those which you are sure you can find before others and start hunting ^^

3. It's something I don't like in minecraft, no armor weight. I find it really unappropriate that full armor man can run as fast as someone without any.

4. I'd love team servers, like 12 teams of 2 or 3 teams of 6 etc. And ofcourse a FFA server where teaming is forbidden

Squiggles

Spectator
Reaction score
i just want something new and semi lore friendly to the hunger games. i could go on and on about what i want....but i really just want more of these AMAZING maps. perhaps a non destroyed capitol?

Terry

Spectator
Reaction score
1. What is your favorite map and why (in terms of gameplay)? The city map (survival games 2.0)

2. What is your best tactic when you play (on both of the maps)? Cheeze it to the middle grab some gear and take a pre planned route to chest and then at night fall try and take and hold the cornucopa

3. Is there something you would like to be changed in the vanilla version of SG (on the map itself , not these servers)? not much i can think of the map is really good and i dont really want to change it

4. Is there something you would like to be added to SG, and why? CREEPER EXPLODES PICKS UP BLOCKS AND USES BLOCK TO MKAE STUFF(like being able to pick up wood or wooded planks would be nice cuz you could make a bowl or bow) but its up to you i dunno might be alittle OP but i think it should be in there

Daron Johnson

Spectator
Reaction score
1. survivals games 2, i like the buildings and the way it looks and how it plays

2. go to the center to see if i can get anything quick (This sometimes gets me killed lol) then run out and go to the chest i know in the area

3. Maybe if you could add that maybe more secrets or some chase items like speedbreakers (iron doors with pressures that close right after being stepped on) other than that it is good.

4. maybe players could collect money whenever they play, so when they die they go spectate they could use that money to be sponsors to bye food and stuff for people but not to much op stuff like diamonds. I think it would add to the game and make people want to stay and spectate maybe. :)

love the maps keep it up :)

stedman stephens

Spectator
Reaction score
Map two all the way! because the chest are everywhere, and i have land marks to go by( almost like a map in my head) it is better looking and give a better gameplay experience. :)

I run to the corn and grab whatever is in the closest chest. then i make my way to my route of chests and then when night comes i go to the corn when chests refill. :)

I think that all traps need to be escapable. even if they are hard to escape i want to be able to escape. :)

4. Is there something you would like to be added to SG, and why?
I think that enchantment tables would be nice. and me and my friend play minecraft all the time, and we thought it would be cool if we could earn a higher rank(like a donor status) if we won so many rounds in a row. :)

And by the way, my channel is running for King of the web! We are right now at 2. place and we would love your support by voting for us. It's completely free and you can vote 10 times a day.

Thank you for your time and i would be more than willing to help build the survival games 3 map. if i can help plase message me and i will get back to you asap. :)

hugo2015

Spectator
Reaction score
Hey Vareide.
1. Map 2, because of just how fun (and hectic) the game can be.
2. Run to the place the chest that is underwater in that sphere thing, and then run to the furnace/ lava place then loot all the chests there. Then just camp around that area till re-fill. Then head to spawn to see if I can grab any goodies.
3. Definitely more crafting tables and secret chests.
4. See question 3

Thank you so much vareide for making these maps, playing the survival games has hours of entertainment value. You're amazing. Good luck, and may the odds be ever in your favour :D

Sporangia

Survivor
Reaction score
I like the second map the most (the city map) because though it is physically a smaller map, there are loads more hidden chests and secrets to find.

For the first map, I try to get anything from the cornucopia, then run for the forest to hide/look for hidden chests on islands. This tactic doesn't normally work out too well as a I have a tendency to run for the most barren areas on the map :D. As for the second map, I again try to go for the cornucopia, then go for the forest near the power plant and look for secret chests in the nearby buildings.

I think its pretty good as it is, but maybe have more chests dispersed around the edge of the map and hidden in trees etc

4. Is there something you would like to be added to SG, and why?
It would be pretty awesome if some of the harder to find chests out in the forests/buildings had better equipment in them, so that whoever raids the cornucopia doesn't necessarily win 70% of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci