• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Rant

Reaction score
Some of you may know me, some may not. I used to be a fairly active player within the AU MCGamer community, but as I explored other games I slowly grew away from Minecraft in general. *rant incoming*

Now since the leaderboard reset on MCGamer its no longer skill to win, you just grab a buddy and farm wins. Sure you need a certain amount of skill, but its not all skill anymore. I admit that its always fun to play with friends but to play with someone that you know you could easily beat and grind the wins. Now comes the quesion where do we differentiate between teaming with friends and win boosting?

Shouldn't a leaderboard reflect skill not ability to gain easy wins by teaming with people you can easily beat or that will /kill for you? I could name specific people doing this, but that could offend people, I've looked through some peoples recent games, and players and quite often you see people constantly teaming and always being the last two left and never winning. Its not just normal players that I've seen doing this, moderators and even senior moderators.

On the point of moderators and senior moderators win boosting, I've had moderators get me on a teamspeak only to accuse me of boosting, and the staff will keep a constant eye on people boosting. But to the people that aren't staff they will get accused and punished a lot easier than a staff member.

Sorry if my english isn't the best, I really couldnt care.
I cbf typing anymore I'll finish it later.

Tuatara

District 13
Reaction score
Maybe if you see MCGamer for it's self you will be able to understand.

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
If someone is win boosting by all means report them; we can take the appropriate steps to assure they go to the bottom of the leaderboards and add some other punishments as well. ;)

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I know what you mean. I've seen users reported for boosting, but they're not boosting by the definition in our rules. It's just them and a teammate or two always letting them win. You're right, with the new update we need to differentiate between playing with friends and boosting. For example, I have an IRL friend who I used to play MCSG with a lot. I was a little better than him so I'd beat him most of the time, and this may have come across as boosting to some because we'd play 6-10 games and I'd probably win 3-5, him maybe winning 2. As long as it shows there is a fight and the other player can win, it should be fine.

Good point, I'll see what I can do.

BigFella

Platinum
Reaction score
I understand your concern for the MCGamer community. I do see this as a rising topic of discussion and many people have been addressing there concerns about people 'win farming' or 'boosting'. Thankyou Scott and Ceroria for helping the OP. I appreciate your concern and feedback about this topic.

Although I won't stress this enough, if you see a person breaking the rules, please report it to a member of staff. If you see a staff member breaking the rules, please report it to a higher authority.

iiKronos

Spectator
Reaction score
True that, I used to team with this guy who I liked a lot, he was way better but he was also building up my skill, now we tie when we fight, he taught my f&s, fishing rod, and block hitting when that was still around. But yeah, I see were you are coming from.

P3num6ra

Career
Reaction score
Regardless, I don't believe most of the top 30 people on the leaderboards atm even team all that often or consistently. They usually are good enough to get up there.

I read this sign in school about some sport:

"It's not easy. If it was easy, anyone could do it, while anyone can. That's why you have to try hard."

joshiee

Experienced
Reaction score
If someone is win boosting by all means report them; we can take the appropriate steps to assure they go to the bottom of the leaderboards and add some other punishments as well. ;)
As much as a appreciate what you've said- but me and my good mate have reported at least 5 people with evidence. There response? More evidence.

edward608

Survivor
Reaction score
i got called out for boosting when i only have 165 wins ;-;

Reaction score
Regardless, I don't believe most of the top 30 people on the leaderboards atm even team all that often or consistently. They usually are good enough to get up there.

I read this sign in school about some sport:

"It's not easy. If it was easy, anyone could do it, while anyone can. That's why you have to try hard."
I know lots of people in the top 30 win boost, check their recent games, same people; rarely lose in deathmatch. I can beat people in top 30 on US when I'm AU and I stopped playing for 3 months xD, So its not necessarily skill anymore..

Thank you BigFella, Ceroria and Scott

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
As much as a appreciate what you've said- but me and my good mate have reported at least 5 people with evidence. There response? More evidence.
Oh, well, if you think the evidence is sufficient and it was deemed insufficient by a moderator, you may go to a Sr. Mod. Normally, though, the evidence will be insufficient if a moderator says so. However, I encourage you to keep reporting; it is appreciated! :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci