• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Revive the server and the community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikachu

Diamond
Reaction score
MCSG is almost broken beyond repair. Keep in mind I said 'almost' for a reason. There's stuff that can be done by the staff and us, SO MUCH that can be done. Here's what main things I'd advise of the staff:

-bring back classic beloved maps and cut down on most of the recently added ones or ones the community doesn't like much. We want moonlight lake we want wyverns wake we want all of that. Know what we don't want? Almost every map added in the last 6 months. We don't need all this stuff, most players have one common complaint about mcsg: having to leave every server 4 times before finding one with a good map. It used to be that every few games we'd have to leave ONE, it wasn't like this before.

-fix the dispensers, trapped chests, furnaces, etc. We want stone sword tree, the potion the iron pants and axe on valleyside, all of it. We LIKE these things, it's as if they're basically like a tier 3 chest with one special item. It's not bad to have them here! Also, make it so we can break item frames again maybe you aren't so much a fan of the iron axe and rod and bows on TSG2 at teepees but we the players love and miss them.

-there's too many hackers. Hackers are straight up EVERYWHERE on mcsg now it's honestly depressing. The worst part of it is that not only randies hack but the clan community and competitive pvp players 80% of them hack now! It's to the point where people in the clan community have started hacking just because everyone else does and they need to be able to compare! Your anticheat clearly can't pick up much considering all of this just slides by and never gets caught. I'm not saying you need to go full-out godly anticheat like badlion's anticheat but you need something better. Something that actually can catch stuff and bring the server back to the place where it was. I get that there'll be hackers probably one every few games but right now I'd say 25% of the players on the server cheat in some way. And that's sad.

-Friend rank. Friend rank would be distributed to resigned staff members who truly did their job and were there for at least 3 months, youtubers who quit youtube, mapmakers whose maps were removed from the servers, and close friends of administrative staff. Come on we loved friend rank there were just some senior staff members who didn't like it; everyone else liked it. Do what helps the server, not just personal preferences

-TOLERANCE. Something you guys have never had is tolerance and forgiveness. Badlion does something where often a cheater can admit to their wrongdoings and receive an unban a month later. I'm not saying this is exactly what you should do; imo it's a bit much. But I think you should have an event called a forgiveness day, kind of the opposite of judgement day. It'd be where during one day, anyone can submit a ban appeal, admit to all of their wrongdoings, give the IGN of every account they own or were banned on, apologize for everything they did, and be given an unban. I myself hacked a long time ago and I've ban evaded ever since. You say there's tolerance but even though I haven't hacked in almost 3 years, you refuse an unban simply because I ban evaded. I don't cheat anymore, I've admitted to my wrongdoings, I'm sorry and regret them. There's a lot of people like me. People who hacked, spread rumors, macro'd, were disrespectful, or even ddos'd but have changed but you don't let them back even though they're better people. Have some tolerance for god's sake you've lost so many beloved members to the community to servers like hive or badlion just because you wouldn't let them back after they made a mistake. THAT is a mistake you've made and should fix so again, forgiveness day.

-Cut down on your gamemodes. Sorry to say it but nobody gives one flying bunnies about UHC Worlds, Survival bingo, deadly descent? No. I don't care what in the hell you say you aren't mcgamer you're mcsg and always will be. Focus on MCSG because that's what people care about and it's what you are. If I were you, I'd even go as far as to change the name back for nostalgic purposes. I'd also go back to the previous forum website domain of minecraftsurvivalgames.com

-Fix all the damned glitches ffs. Armor doesn't go on, eating doesn't work, bows dont shoot, fns doesnt light, the 4th use never works at all, what's going on?!

-I don't know if others would side with me on this but honestly I far prefer the old forums. That old format is so much better in my opinion. The current one isn't quite as easy to navigate and just looks like hive's honestly. Also, organize the staff section of the forums ffs. It was so much better before when it showed chad as owner, then admins, senior mods, mods, then VIPs. It doesn't need to be a big irritating jumbled mess of them all just to be in alphabetical order.

-I know everyone brings this up and immediately gets shut down but please please please PLEASE bring back hell games. Hell games was the best thing that ever happened to MCSG. Don't even stop here, we want other community events. Do a whole big community UHC that would be sign-up based similarly to hell games.

-Go back with chest tierings. I know many haven't changed but little things should go back to the way they were. Gravel trap doesn't need a chest on it, only the tier 2 chest on the tree our god bajancanadian discovered is all we need at that area but if I'm correct that's a tier1 and the tier2 is on top of gravel trap. Little things like these should ALL be reverted.

-If you bring back wyverns wake, keep the furnace items. Don't publicly advertise them and tell youtubers to avoid getting them on video because that's the special thing about them is that only the elitest players get to know about them. It's a special thing. I remember when so few people knew about them that in most games they wouldn't be touched because nobody in the game knew.

-We want our old youtubers back and badly. It seems to be that the kings of MCSG that everyone cares about now are people like solrflare, austen, biboy, etc. Don't get me wrong I love these guys but the face of MCSG was shmoopies, tomahawk, blamph, lovelights, bajancanadian of course, later on huahwi. To anyone who no longer records on here or doesn't play much, do whatever you can to get them back because we miss them. They belong on top and they're what represent classic true MCSG

-I don't know if it's still like this but get some staff that know what hacks are. I have no idea if it's this way still but I know around a year and a half to two years ago I remember that there would be so many false hacking bans and they'd dispute and be shut down most of the time. If it's still like this, fix it please. Make sure that at least your senior mods know who to accept ban appeals from

-back to the whole forgiveness day topic, there's another aspect of it to bring up. The forums are their own whole community (or at least they were back on old forums). un-forum-ban arena master. I remember he made an alt on the forums to come forward and apologize for everything and try for an unban but you just immediately deleted the thread and banned him, it was pretty sad to see.

-Little gameplay aspects and glitches we liked. Like how on TSG2 and things you couldnt break wheat or carrots but you could jump on them and they'd come up. Stuff like that are things we all want back.

-Solar Frost V1. PLEASE. PLEEEEEEEEEEASE

-Old hub. This is a big one. I liked the hub that was first implemented right when you got a hub and how you could go down to the wall of signs and join an SG. There were three walls, the left wall (impossible to get in to without donor usually) the middle wall (easier and usually the best games to join) and the right wall (pretty much booster wall where there'd usually be 10 man games. This was where clans would go to find a game for a clan battle). We want that back quite badly. having SG 5178 is just silly and we all dislike it. We want SG 1-200 back.

-Bring back the original moonbase and icarus just like solar frost. The v2 versions really just can't compare. Also holiday v2 is unnecessary.

-Stay outta clans. I miss before when the staff team lowkey disliked clans but completely ignored them and just didn't bother with them. The closest you went to helping us was letting us keep the clans and teams section on the forums and other than that you just let us be. Don't get involved please I've seen you try getting into the clan community much more starting around the time that elevate arose. During that time is when clans started to fall.

-Remove the GUI. The GUI on the right side of the screen may appear professional but it's overall just annoying. It was so much better when you just did /tl to see when deathmatch or something was and did /server to find what server you're in and map details and things.

NOW FOR THE COMMUNITY:

We gotta do our part too, it's not just them messing things up.

-To all of you resorting to hacking, stop. Just play the game and maybe everyone else will too.

-Bring back the good clan community. Actually play the game, be on with your clan, do scrims and battles and make clans fun again. Once there was titans, aviate, react, deception, sovereign, kronic, Forsaken, forgotten, true rebels (sorry but current rebels isn't what the real rebels were), cyanvolts, there were so many relevant clans. Now there's like 3 clans that are relevant and don't even play then dozens of randies who play one battle then disband. Come on guys

-Don't be so toxic. The minecraft community in general has gotten incredibly rude. A long time ago, believe it or not gg was good sportsmanship. Go back to just playing the game for fun, saying gg when you die, playing the game without being an ass. Don't target people to the ends of the earth, dont call people names for killing you or making you mad, just play the game the way it's supposed to be played.

I'd say for now that's all I can come up with for ways MCSG could go back to the way it once was. I know it has potential but if nobody can act on it, it'll just keep on going downhill the same way people like antvenom did. Every last inch of relevance and popularity and down and down until it's nothing. MCSG will die if you and we don't take action. ~~

Last edited:

NovaKaine

Career
Reaction score
expect a lengthy reply.

We want moonlight lake we want wyverns wake we want all of that.
Whilst I also miss those classics, I hate to say it, but I don't think they're ever coming back. Wronski's already said that he isn't resubmitting Wyverns (pls do), and Moonlight Lake's spawn was extremely claustrophobic + hard to escape.
We want stone sword tree, the potion the iron pants and axe on valleyside, all of it.
Stone Sword Tree was removed indeed. I do believe the Potion + Iron Pants + Axe is still there, and the Bottles of Enchanting dispenser is still available.
-there's too many hackers. Hackers are straight up EVERYWHERE on mcsg now it's honestly depressing.
Dev's are currently working hard on their new anti-cheat, so it can be as effective as possible, whilst not giving out false positives. By all means, if you do see a hacker, /report them. We do check them!
-Friend rank. Friend rank would be distributed to resigned staff members who truly did their job and were there for at least 3 months, youtubers who quit youtube, mapmakers whose maps were removed from the servers, and close friends of administrative staff.
Whilst I loved the friend rank, I felt like the rank had no purpose and was easily abused. Nowadays you'd get VIP for things like Ex Staff of the Sr Staff team.
-Fix all the damned glitches ffs. Armor doesn't go on, eating doesn't work, bows dont shoot, fns doesnt light, the 4th use never works at all, what's going on?!
The only bug that I'm aware that's on this server is the FnS bug, and that is being fixed. dw :)
I love these guys but the face of MCSG was shmoopies, tomahawk, blamph, lovelights, bajancanadian of course, later on huahwi.
Whether YouTubers want to come back or not is completely up to themselves and not us. As to BajanCanadian, he did break the rules, and is treated the same as a normal player. He can always make a dispute; it's up to him.
-I don't know if it's still like this but get some staff that know what hacks are.
We do know what hacks are, it's one of the qualities a moderator needs to be hired in the first place.
-Solar Frost V1. PLEASE. PLEEEEEEEEEEASE
No can do. The original creator was 'dealt with' from the server, which is the main reason why we have v2.
-Old hub. This is a big one. I liked the hub that was first implemented right when you got a hub and how you could go down to the wall of signs and join an SG. There were three walls, the left wall (impossible to get in to without donor usually) the middle wall (easier and usually the best games to join) and the right wall (pretty much booster wall where there'd usually be 10 man games. This was where clans would go to find a game for a clan battle). We want that back quite badly. having SG 5178 is just silly and we all dislike it. We want SG 1-200 back.
I talked about this one to some of the staff. They're just not a big fan of bridges :/

In relation to the servers, we run dynamic servers which track how many players are currently online and provides the designated amount of servers. It'd be nice to have a masking option so they do appear to be in a consistent order, but that'd be something you'd have to take up with the Devs.

-Stay outta clans. I miss before when the staff team lowkey disliked clans but completely ignored them and just didn't bother with them. The closest you went to helping us was letting us keep the clans and teams section on the forums and other than that you just let us be. Don't get involved please I've seen you try getting into the clan community much more starting around the time that elevate arose. During that time is when clans started to fall.
The reason why (I personally think) MCGamer got into the clan situation was to protect the wellbeing of others. The clan community can arguably be one of the most toxic areas of MCGamer, where it gets to the point that people start threatening others (DDoSing is a prime example).
-Remove the GUI. The GUI on the right side of the screen may appear professional but it's overall just annoying. It was so much better when you just did /tl to see when deathmatch or something was and did /server to find what server you're in and map details and things.
Without the GUI, I think it'd be better. It's more of a convenience thing.

-Go back with chest tierings. I know many haven't changed but little things should go back to the way they were. Gravel trap doesn't need a chest on it, only the tier 2 chest on the tree our god bajancanadian discovered is all we need at that area but if I'm correct that's a tier1 and the tier2 is on top of gravel trap. Little things like these should ALL be reverted.
This I most certainly do agree; ALL the maps need a retier.

-I know everyone brings this up and immediately gets shut down but please please please PLEASE bring back hell games. Hell games was the best thing that ever happened to MCSG. Don't even stop here, we want other community events. Do a whole big community UHC that would be sign-up based similarly to hell games.
This I also do agree with. Loved the Hell Games back in its prime.

Last edited:

charliewolves

Career
Reaction score
MCSG is almost broken beyond repair. Keep in mind I said 'almost' for a reason. There's stuff that can be done by the staff and us, SO MUCH that can be done. Here's what main things I'd advise of the staff:
-TOLERANCE. Something you guys have never had is tolerance and forgiveness. Badlion does something where often a cheater can admit to their wrongdoings and receive an unban a month later. I'm not saying this is exactly what you should do; imo it's a bit much. But I think you should have an event called a forgiveness day, kind of the opposite of judgement day. It'd be where during one day, anyone can submit a ban appeal, admit to all of their wrongdoings, give the IGN of every account they own or were banned on, apologize for everything they did, and be given an unban. I myself hacked a long time ago and I've ban evaded ever since. You say there's tolerance but even though I haven't hacked in almost 3 years, you refuse an unban simply because I ban evaded. I don't cheat anymore, I've admitted to my wrongdoings, I'm sorry and regret them. There's a lot of people like me. People who hacked, spread rumors, macro'd, were disrespectful, or even ddos'd but have changed but you don't let them back even though they're better people. Have some tolerance for god's sake you've lost so many beloved members to the community to servers like hive or badlion just because you wouldn't let them back after they made a mistake. THAT is a mistake you've made and should fix so again, forgiveness day.
People were given a second chance while hacking wasn't a perma ban, as little as 2% reformed (see the post about the rules change). :/ Sadly People don't get it. Also re: hackers, if u see one, record one. Mods aren't everywhere. Also Badlion's "GODLY anti-cheat" presents a 70% false-positive (see J.D). Also the items were probably removed because a small number of the community abused them (i.e. Block glitching to get the master sword). :( all it takes is a small number of people to ruin something for others...

Kept mine short and brief because im hungry and need to go to uni D;

Although somethings I do agree with, (such as Hell Games)

Pikachu

Diamond
Reaction score
People were given a second chance while hacking wasn't a perma ban, as little as 2% reformed (see the post about the rules change). :/ Sadly People don't get it. Also re: hackers, if u see one, record one. Mods aren't everywhere. Also Badlion's "GODLY anti-cheat" presents a 70% false-positive (see J.D). Also the items were probably removed because a small number of the community abused them (i.e. Block glitching to get the master sword). :( all it takes is a small number of people to ruin something for others...

Kept mine short and brief because im hungry and need to go to uni D;

Although somethings I do agree with, (such as Hell Games)
As for the first point, this isn't very good of a point to mention. People don't change over night. If you hack once, you'll hack again if you're banned for it almost every time. I'm saying that hacking and being gone forever is unreasonable. Have some tolerance to people that have been banned for some time and clearly have changed As for recording hackers, there's a two part thing about that. on one hand, I agree and forgot to put it in the section for what the community should be doing. On the other hand, not everyone has a computer that can handle it PLUS players are here to play the game my friend. That's why they're called players. It's not our job to report hackers, it's yours. It's inconvenient. And as for anticheat, you're not correct there lol. You're clearly one of the people brainwashed to believe that just because someone says their ban is false that it is false. Of the 200k+ bans anticheat has dealt, less than 20 have been proven to be false. The reason most people think anticheat makes false bans is this here: On the original judgement day, a few large youtubers were banned by it. They simply said it was false so their viewers wouldn't hate them for it and instead would hate badlion. Then when a player got banned they could just say "mine is false too, just look at what happened to that youtuber. His was false, so so was mine." In reality, both the youtuber and the player were lying but this spread so excessively that players began lying TO THEMSELVES. Everyone is brainwashed at this point to believe false bans by anticheat are common simply because of propaganda. It's incredibly accurate and requires over a hundred alert checks to be set off before a ban is dealt. And finally, for the items being removed, who cares if they're abused? So what if someone block glitched the master sword. Stuff like that is why block glitching in general isn't allowed. If you want that to stop, change it from a kickable offense to a short temp-bannable one that increases by offense to a 5th offense permban or something. Doesnt mean you get rid of the item, you get rid of the abuser.

Pikachu

Diamond
Reaction score
expect a lengthy reply.

1. Whilst I also miss those classics, I hate to say it, but I don't think they're ever coming back. Wronski's already said that he isn't resubmitting Wyverns (pls do), and Moonlight Lake's spawn was extremely claustrophobic + hard to escape.

2. Stone Sword Tree was removed indeed. I do believe the Potion + Iron Pants + Axe is still there, and the Bottles of Enchanting dispenser is still available.

3. Dev's are currently working hard on their new anti-cheat, so it can be as effective as possible, whilst not giving out false positives. By all means, if you do see a hacker, /report them. We do check them!

4. Whilst I loved the friend rank, I felt like the rank had no purpose and was easily abused. Nowadays you'd get VIP for things like Ex Staff of the Sr Staff team.

5. The only bug that I'm aware that's on this server is the FnS bug, and that is being fixed. dw :)

6. Whether YouTubers want to come back or not is completely up to themselves and not us. As to BajanCanadian, he did break the rules, and is treated the same as a normal player. He can always make a dispute; it's up to him.

7. We do know what hacks are, it's one of the qualities a moderator needs to be hired in the first place.

8. No can do. The original creator was 'dealt with' from the server, which is the main reason why we have v2.

9. I talked about this one to some of the staff. They're just not a big fan of bridges :/

10. In relation to the servers, we run dynamic servers which track how many players are currently online and provides the designated amount of servers. It'd be nice to have a masking option so they do appear to be in a consistent order, but that'd be something you'd have to take up with the Devs.

11. The reason why (I personally think) MCGamer got into the clan situation was to protect the wellbeing of others. The clan community can arguably be one of the most toxic areas of MCGamer, where it gets to the point that people start threatening others (DDoSing is a prime example).

12. Without the GUI, I think it'd be better. It's more of a convenience thing.

13. This I most certainly do agree; ALL the maps need a retier.

14. This I also do agree with. Loved the Hell Games back in its prime.
As for #1, we both know why it was removed is that he was confronted with "either we remove the items in furnaces or we remove the map" and he chose map. Like I stated in the thread, the items belong there.

For 2, I believe they're ALL removed. Nonetheless, none of them should be.

3, I'm glad to hear it but in the end I'll need to see how good it is for myself before I'll be happy

4. Easily abused is the reason why only deserving members would get it. Not just any randy who gets mod resigns a month later and gets it. I mean real deserving members, as stated in the thread. And VIP is a rank that should be reserved for youtubers or nonstaff who direly benefit the server, like how back when fin made the forum art, as it once was.

5. Not accurate. Firstly, a while back there was a bug where the 4th light of fns never worked. After three months it was finally fixed. It's back again somehow. In addition to that, pretty much anything you right click with doesn't actually work half the time. I hope it's fixed soon because it's absolutely game breaking

6. I get you don't want bias but honestly when it can enormously benefit the server I think it's a good idea. I know Bajancanadian is a normal player but personally offering him an unban and to come home and record mcsg is a good idea and a good thing. You shouldn't treat him like a normal player because he isn't a normal player. He's 1000 times a normal player. Asking other youtubers to come back and rc is also a good idea. In the end it's up to them but motivation and asking isn't exactly unreasonable.

7. I certainly hope you're right because when I actively played a little over a year ago not to be rude but mods were direly insufficient. They did frequent false bans and then senior mods actually sided with them and didn't accept the appeals of clearly legit players. A lot of staff members were laughing stocks. Mods should have extensive training and senior staff should be picky with who gets hired to make sure they're good.

8. So what if the builder is banned. Doesn't mean the map can't remain, it was such a fan favorite. Explain to me why the builder being banned connects to his map needing to be gone.

9. Maybe they don't like it but we do. And in case they haven't noticed, the server has gone downhill for a lo n g time. What they're doing clearly isn't working as planned so maybe it's time to drop their preferences a little and take ours into account.

10. I see what you're saying but that isn't really necessary

11. They've done a lot to get involved too much honestly. I get what you're saying but all that's needed is being at the ready so someone can report when it happens

12. It's true. I hate the GUI and tons of others do too.

13. Pretty sure you misunderstood what I said. I'm saying certain edits made were negative and tbh most original chest tiers were great. We don't need a full retier, we need to get rid of the retiers for most maps. There's honestly just one anomaly: Avaricia seems to be a map they could never get right. The first tier was bad, second was bad, and the current is bad. Could they fix that map already xD

14. Honestly I'm baffled by anyone who DOESN'T agree

-sorry for not quoting like you did, I'm on mobile

Pikachu

Diamond
Reaction score
EDIT: added a point for staff to do-
"bring back the original moonbase and icarus just like solar frost. The v2 versions really just can't compare. Also holiday v2 is unnecessary"

Pikachu

Diamond
Reaction score
80% of good pvpers hack in this community. Are you retarded?
No, it's simply true nowadays. Just look at the players my man, watch them closely. Almost all of them now either use some degree of triggerbot, aimbot, or an autoclicker.

Fad3au

Career
Reaction score
No, it's simply true nowadays. Just look at the players my man, watch them closely. Almost all of them now either use some degree of triggerbot, aimbot, or an autoclicker.
hmmm true true but I wouldn't say 80% probs 50% I can identify ghost clients and have alreday cracked 4 people that use them. :) they all have 1k+ wins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci