• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Server restarts too often

Status
Not open for further replies.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
Me and my friends can never get on a server anymore because of the restarts. I know the restarts are now going to be permanent but when the ghosting issue is fixed could it be done so it only restarts every 3-5 games? That should still help out with RAM or whatever the reason for keeping the restarts is. And it would be easier for me and my friends (4 of us) to get on a server.

JjPwN1

Tribute
Reaction score
The restarts are for fixing ghosting issues. Ghosts are basically players but they aren't. The games see the ghost as a player and adds him to the tribute count. The problem is, you can't kill ghosts. Restarting the servers gets rid of all the ghosts, so each game you play you can have a legit winner. So, as soon as Mojang fixes ghosts, we keep the restarts.

Darlo2k4

Career
Reaction score
The server restarts really help solve the memory leak problems. Also, it helps keep circulation of the thousands of players attempting to join our servers up. So really, it benefits everyone fairly. If you still don't like it, you could always donate :D

MochaMillion

Spectator
Reaction score
I know, I'm not too fond if it either. But after a while, it's easy to get into server. Just join right after a deathmatch ends in a server. That's how I get to play with my friends. Works 80% of the time. I know I'm a donator, but my friends aren't and we both get into the server.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
The restarts are for fixing ghosting issues. Ghosts are basically players but they aren't. The games see the ghost as a player and adds him to the tribute count. The problem is, you can't kill ghosts. Restarting the servers gets rid of all the ghosts, so each game you play you can have a legit winner. So, as soon as Mojang fixes ghosts, we keep the restarts.
I know what the ghosts are... I said when the ghost problem is fixed...

The server restarts really help solve the memory leak problems. Also, it helps keep circulation of the thousands of players attempting to join our servers up. So really, it benefits everyone fairly. If you still don't like it, you could always donate :D
I know that's why I suggested it still restart every few games. And it's harder for 4 of us to join the server because before we could join a server when it had 3 people left and wait for it to end just to get teleported to the lobby, now we have to close minecraft because we keep getting communication errors and then by the time we are back it's full. At most 2/4 people have gotten on.
We can't all become donors anyway. We are all under 15.

I know, I'm not too fond if it either. But after a while, it's easy to get into server. Just join right after a deathmatch ends in a server. That's how I get to play with my friends. Works 80% of the time. I know I'm a donator, but my friends aren't and we both get into the server.
We keep getting communication errors, which is the main problem. And then the server fills up (even when we don't get communication errors) and only a couple of us all get in. It's really hard to play with all of my friends that play this.

I'm not suggesting we completely stop the restarts, I'm suggesting we don't do them after every game. Maybe we have 2 games without restarts then after the 3rd game it restarts.

oExistence

Survivor
Reaction score
It restarts to switch the map and reset it. It is needed.

R

RedSeamonster

The restarts can actually be beneficial in that it is a lot easier to get in between the reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci