• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Server still needs a lot of work

Aellios15

Experienced
Reaction score
The server has seemed very neglected since it's start. There are a bunch of things that need done and there seems to be no progress. Many of them are simple and should have been done prior to launch including: A banned items list, server rules, information for donors such as perks, and updates pertaining to the server. By updates I mean that there should be a post that informs players of downtime for maintenance or other important information for the server itself.

Also, to Dave and Ant specifically, you really need to pay a bit more attention. The server was down twice yesterday one was for a very short period but the second was down for 9+ hours. I personally informed Antster of the server being down when it happened and I didn't get so much as a reply acknowledging that I messaged him at all, this has happened several times on different topics all to do with the server, honestly, there is no excuse for it.

Denster91

Platinum
Reaction score
1. We already get news for downtime and updates. The news and updates forum. http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/forums/news/

2. Why would we need a banned item list? Any items that are banned cannot be found in chests or spawned in. Of course they could make one, but I'm pretty sure they couldn't use it.

3. I'm pretty sure they would notice if the servers were down for 9 hours someone of the staff team would notice...

4. There are tonnes of information for the donors on the upgrade page http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/pages/upgrade/

5. Rules are given to you in game and are easy to find in the forums.
http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/threads/mcsg-updated-rules-version-3-0.12254/

All in all, the things you suggested are either all ready there or are not needed.
He's talking about the FTB server :p And I do agree, the server needs a lot of work.

Tal_Pal

Platinum
Reaction score
Keep in mind that both Dave and Ant have outside lives beyond FTB and MCSG. there not here just for FTB. Ant might have been AFK, sleeping or something else and he didn't get your message until a decent amount of time later.
anyways to the topics

the downtime might have been updates being pushed out but im not sure. plus the server always restarts every now and again.

we are aware that the banned items list isn't working. its not that they didnt put one in. there just having problems. Plus they are also working on implementing shops and loads of other cool stuff too so just be patient.

there are some donator perks but due to the banned items not working, thats not implemented yet either, or at least not fully. I know for a fact that quarries are a donator item but normal players can use them atm

FTB is a little more difficult to work with due to the fact that there are several mod packs and many more items beyond the normal minecraft. especially when working with trying to get a banned items list working. so just be patient and both Dave and Ant will be working on them when they can

Aellios15

Experienced
Reaction score
Tal, having been staff previously, and knowing dave and ant well enough to say that while they do have lives away from minecraft they spend most of their time here. I also know they aren't here solely for ftb but their other obligations to mcsg aren't so great that it's taking up all their time spent here.

Also, it isn't the the list isn't working, it's that there quite literally isn't one. There isn't on here on the forums nor one in game. Whether their permissions are screwed up or not in regards to them actually banning the item there isn't a list or even an outline for a possible list in the future available to members of the community.

Same thing as the banned items list, there needs to be some documentation of the perks donors are projected to receive when permissions are fixed. All of these things should have been finalized before the servers went live.

The thing about FTB being a little more difficult to work with is entirely untrue, having played on many servers I've never encountered one that's moving so slow as this one and they had many more mods and items to deal with.

Instead of making more excuses I think you should see this for what it is; a list of things they should improve upon. Excuses doesn't get anything done, acknowledging issues and working to improve things does.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci